SlotForum banner
3301 - 3320 of 7089 Posts

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
Keith

Got away with it - so far. Mrs Grumpy has failed to notice. Remiss.

She's also in ignorance of a request today. Bonkers wants breakfast on Christmas morn, 6.15am sharp. The works, mark you.

Devilled kidney, steaks of wild boar, scrambled eggs (x3 each), a rib of beef apiece, freshly-made horseradish sauce with white-wine vinegar, plum sauce sautéed (lightly) in unpasteurised cream, mushrooms and heavily-toasted (and fried) rye bread. Oh, and he's not fussy on the brand as long as there's a plentiful supply of lubrication from Epernay.

If anyone has a ticket to Mexico (or similar) with compulsory departure on Christmas Eve, or a kayak trip down Everest (same arrangements), please PM me without delay, please.

·
Premium Member
2,960 Posts
Is Mexico one of the only countries that hasn't suspended travel into and out of the U.K.?
blink.png
so far, there are 40 countries and counting!

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
Mike

I honestly don't know about Mexico, but I'm not fussy. Cwmystwyth will do. It's very nice at this time of year. Damp, windy and so bl%%dy dark that no members of my family will ever spot me.

Alternatively, the narrow staircase up the centre of the Claerwen dam in the Elan Valley will suffice. Yes, illegal, in criminal trespass and probably in tort, but I'm beyond caring.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
Dumbing-down in education started 55 years ago. The results are all-too-clear for everyone to read.
These children never had a train set with a Royal Mail carriage so don't know how the post was picked up and dropped off.

Reactions: Gripping Pneus

·
Premium Member
464 Posts
Today is out wedding anniversary, and She Who Wants To Shop said that she wants to visit Gent, Belgium. This because the Netherlands and Germany are in lock down, and Belgium has just opened up. When I told her that I dislike the idea of driving 2 1/2 hour single trip to go to look at shops for an hour hell broke loose. No chance to explain that bars, pubs and restaurants are still closed.

So although it's warm for the time of the year indoors it's very very cold. Reminds me of 1963.

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
....said that she wants to visit Gent, Belgium.
I worked there for a while in a former life. Pleasant enough. Cobbled streets and smelly canals. Not sure I would call it a "destination"

·
Premium Member
2,960 Posts
Well our local Jehovah's Witnesses are not allowed to do door-stepping at present so now they are sending their literature by post and this was in the mail today. I am not going to tell you what they said, but they also included this, which shows that they certainly have a sense of humour, so good on them!
thumbsup.gif

Art Font Art book Fictional character Drawing

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,960 Posts
Thank you! I was struggling to do it!
mad.gif

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I dunno why but they always seem to come knocking on my door when I'm sick, sadly Dog's too cuddly to scare them off and I must be too as they always want to stand and chat.
I'm lucky if I get to a resturant on an anniversary, mind you it's not wedding just getting together and next one I'll be luckiy if theres any left round here.

·
Registered
13,642 Posts
BBC News reports today that Nigella Lawson (a cook) will not be roasting a turkey on Christmas Day.

This, seemingly, passes as a newsworthy story of national importance at the Beeb nowadays...

3301 - 3320 of 7089 Posts