SlotForum banner
3321 - 3340 of 7366 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
Well, well, well! Do you think Boris was thinking of himself when he left a little loophole in the Tier 4 rules? It seems that our Boris can have Christmas with his family after all because his young son is less than 1 year old! Apparently, there are 750,000 others who could exploit this loophole in the rules but the rest of us will have to make do with the TV and SWMBO
innocent.gif

Here's the link.... https://www.ft.com/content/290c234b-e8e3-4abb-9c71-26ada5a633d9

·
Registered
15,272 Posts
Cut off by rising flood water and I've been threatened. If I don't cheer up the Scrabble set is being brought out for the annual farce.

I dislike Scrabble because I always get Ms and Zs, and the motorcycle known as an MZ is not allowed.

Could be worse, though. At least we haven't got a viral pandemic...

Oh, 'ang on...

·
Registered
15,272 Posts
Matthew

I refuse to play Scrabble again with uncle Bonkers, or his deranged chums. Last time, they sat reciting rude limericks, singing awful songs out of tune, chucking bread rolls at all and sundry and spelling rude words on the board.

Not forgetting necking my whisky at a hitherto unknown rate. Good job the womenfolk were absent. At least I was spared the customary rounds of indignant squawking.

·
Premium Member
3,003 Posts
Well, at the risk of infuriating my fellow GOGs, have a safe and relatively happy Christmas, it has been a delight and privilege to share everyone's annoyances and I hope to continue sharing with you all in 2021
thumbsup.gif

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
That post is if anything infuriatingly nice! :O

A little more "grumpiness" in future please, Longdog!!!! :p ;)

Reactions: longdog and Trisha

·
Al Schwartz
3,404 Posts
Sorry, can't be grumpy today.....Yesterday I had an "exchange gifts" pre-christmas visit from my daughter, Marcie, and her fiancé ( all appropriately masked, distanced and with the patio door open and a powerful exhaust fan on - I sat to windward) Ben and I share a passion for coffee. He recently made a business trip to Sweden. I advised him prior to his journey that the Swedes were very serious about their coffee. He presented me with 500g of whole bean coffee from a Swedish roaster and this morning a portion went into my "one cup at a time" Swiss grinder/brewer. Outstanding!

Again, my apologies and a promise to return to the dark side in the future.

EM

Attachments

·
Eddie Grice
2,411 Posts
You are lucky to see them in person Al. I just had to make do with a video (WhatsApp) call from daughter and one year old grandson in Columbia MD.

Susan usually visits here over Christmas but no chance of that happening this year, (grump
smile.png
).

As for coffee I just make do with Lavazza from the red packet brewed in a cafetiere
smile.png

Eddie

·
Al Schwartz
3,404 Posts
You are lucky to see them in person Al. I just had to make do with a video (WhatsApp) call from daughter and one year old grandson in Columbia MD.

Susan usually visits here over Christmas but no chance of that happening this year, (grump
smile.png
).

As for coffee I just make do with Lavazza from the red packet brewed in a cafetiere
smile.png

Eddie
I know, she is close by, in Rockville MD but this is the first I have seen her since early November. She is very solicitous of the old man's health.

They look good this way up too but you are still a dirty rotten swine talking about today's coffee. I found the jar of ground coffee empty this morning and had to use a pack that my ex neighbours left behind.

It was not very good. Bah humbug
mad.gif
Thanks for the inversion - I have no idea why it came up that way. I have used the "more reply options" before without the problem and could find no way to correct it.

Sorry about the coffee. My "restock" alarm goes off when I open the last pound. (my routine is 3 one pound bags at a time from a local roaster)

EM

·
Gordon Steadman
7,025 Posts
Why is there nothing but repeats of Carry On films on tv today? Its Christmas, where are all the newer films?
Couldn't agree more. We don't watch much but over this holiday there are usually one or two things worth watching.

When slightly befuddled and warmed by the odd drop or two, it's quite comforting just to sit and stare at a screen.

This evening, we watched 'to the manor born' and have just watched the first episode of Babylon 5 on the Mac for the zillionth time - still great though.

·
Registered
4,266 Posts
TV
grump.gif
Got to 8PM before we put it on and then only because we finally got fed up with the Xmas music that had been playing all day
banana.gif
Looked at schedule and thought what the
censored.gif
censored.gif
censored.gif
. Went from
thewave.gif
as I got some slot cars to
mad.gif
grump.gif

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Been an Excrement Show on the Streaming services, had to fettle with it to even get Die Hard as it's been flooded with those god awful Hallmark no expense spend Jobs that have scripts written by I'm guessing someone who attempted to spell FUDGE with their GCSE marks (the ones that replaced the O levels for the older ones) and literally are so copy and paste you could swapin other holidays or actors and you wouldn't know the difference.
I got crippled 2 years ago so I'm living with my parents so I spent the day with them, no Slot Car racing as didnt get it fixed in time and I've managed to get DVDs of some movies to watch later.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
A lull before Storm Bella hits Britain later today as the sun sets over the mountains of Wales above Hay-on-Wye.

Great! More flooding on the way.
Indeed.

If I wasn't marooned with my friends by the floods in Northants, I wouldn't be able to get home to the Forest of Dean anyway as THAT'S cut off by floods as well!
ohmy.png

3321 - 3340 of 7366 Posts