SlotForum banner
3361 - 3380 of 7089 Posts

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Did you work there Kit. I knew someone who worked there - I think for AWRE. Back in the 1950s and 1960s I could hear frequent gunfire coming from the site and I lived about 5 miles away. That area and part of Foulness Island is still a research establishment of some sort and is still out of bounds.
Sort of, the ETC there had a lot of my employers test equipment, and I was the designated European engineer for that stuff, so when it went wrong, which happened a LOT, I had to go and fix it.

For some reason they always scheduled tests for 6 am, which meant getting up at 4 or so, even if I was in a hotel.
sad.png

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Why are there still sodding perfume adverts on the TV?????

Reactions: Kit Spackman

·
Registered
887 Posts
Especially when only a fool would give a perfume to a woman who hasn’t chosen it for herself beforehand. Something about individual body chemistry often turning even the most expensive fragrance putrid.A fact I thought every good mother taught her sons.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
The adverts also have feck all to do with what it acctually smells like, that being said half of them get over used by those who use them so its probably helpful to show what it tastes like too.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I'd like to think that this will be my final grump of 2020, but you never know - anything can happen in the next half-hour! (to quote a famous puppeteer):-

I'm sick to death of all the negativity surrounding the impact of both the virus and Brexit, that has been going on all year. Hopefully now that Brexit is finally and irrevokably "done", and we have vaccines slowly being made available to those of us who want them, we can get more positivity in our lives.

Onwards and upwards in '21! Glasses half-full, not half-empty!

Maybe someone should start a thread for the posting of only positive stuff.

·
Premium Member
2,960 Posts
Stu

I think BoJo's father, Stanley, is also fed up with it all. Apparently, he's applied for a French passport.
One rule for them......!
censored.gif
Good old Stanley was another one who flouted COVID rules during the first Lockdown. He flew out to Athens to "check on his properties in Greece to make sure they were Covid free before renting them out as holiday homes"! They just make me sick!

Reactions: vfr750

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I think BoJo's father, Stanley, is also fed up with it all. Apparently, he's applied for a French passport.
Aye, but he's a remainer - and has a lot of French blood from his mother's ide of the family so he could well be entitled to one.

·
Kitbasher
4,611 Posts
I have an Irissh passport and proud of it. I'm ashamed to be British and a lot more proud of my Irish heritage. I am seriously trying to persuade my wife we should move.

John
Sorry to see you use those words John.

I am a staunch remainer/European but still proud to be British.

·
Premium Member
2,960 Posts
Well what ever your colour, creed, religion or political views, I hope that for all of us 2021 will see us all heading to a more normal way of life. I sincerely hope that we all stay safe and healthy and we all continue to do whatever it takes to contain this hideous virus. I shall be raising a glass or two of Scottish single malt to you all. We are all different with widely varying opinions but we are all drawn together by our common interest and long may it continue. Happy New Year to you all
thumbsup.gif

·
Registered
13,648 Posts
Today, I am baffled. 'Smorn, She Who Became Loquacious parted with money. Inexplicably, she had tired of my soliloquies about racing cars - and even their 1:32-scale counterparts - and announced that change was afoot.

Having retired into my trench to await a further barrage of dissent, I spotted quid pro quo. In exchange for money, She Who Dabbles with Post-1945 Landfill, took delivery of an electric television set!

Shocking. Moreover, She has retired to her scratcher, connected it to the National Grid, and is currently engaged (unilaterally) with it.

Rum. Very rum indeed.

·
Premium Member
2,960 Posts
Methinks more time in your Mess Trisha!

Reactions: Trisha
3361 - 3380 of 7089 Posts