SlotForum banner
301 - 316 of 316 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
There's been a crash on the motorway near us. About 250m from the scene is an overpass. I just tried to drive the overpass and it's crowded with ghouls filming the aftermath on their 'phones. Sick bastards! :mad:
I believe that "voyeurism" is an offence in the UK. Off with their heads!

I do enjoy watching football sometimes,
Oh dear. Is there a "gob of the week" competition yet? Filthy, uncouth lot.

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
Spent the last three hours in A & E waiting for X-ray results on my left wrist after falling off push bike at high speed. Deep joy. Tomorrow is our tenth wedding anniversary and we are off for a night away. It was going to be a week in France but EasyJet cancelled the flight 7 days ago.
To cap it all, as I was on the way to hospital my wife got a call from her pregnant daughter that her waters have broken and could she pick up her dogs from the hospital car park? Needless to say it’s a different hospital to the one I am in.
Next!

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
Re emissions, What's your prediction for when road tax on electric cars will begin? It's a tricky one for politicians as they have to ensure that enough people have them that the infrastructure for i.c. cars is irreversibly run down so it's not possible to turn the clock back. Then GOTCHA!.

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
II'd have disappeared to the coast as apparently its cooler up there with the sea breeze.
It is. 31c max on Monday and 28c today for us on the Cornish coast. Bonus - no sea fog either. This can be a p.i.t.a. on hot days and we can sit in fog for hours whilst half a mile inland its bright sunshine.

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
We had a good ole thunderstorm this morning at 7 a.m. and guess what? Lightning put the signalling out of action on the Penzance to London main line and closed the line for the morning, just until the rails had a chance to heat up and buckle. One of those FFS days for Network Rail I think!

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
I am grumpy today over the Womens' football I don't watch football and have no interest in it, BUT, I have been recommended by so many people to watch the womens' game (breath of fresh air, exciting, sportsmanlike, action packed etc.) that I decided to make an exception for the Euro final. Circumstances prevailed however and my step-daughter gave birth to her first child last Friday so a family celebration was scheduled for Sunday. No problem I thought - I will watch it after they have all gone home on BBC I player.

By midnight the match was still not available so I gave up. Needless to say there were banner headlines everywhere this morning telling me the result, and it sounds like it was a game worth watching - if you didn't already know the result. They could have made a convert of me but I won't bother now.

Very similary, after avidly following the mens' Tour de France cycle race I decided to follow the womens' event. This was broadcast by Eurosport, so I duly tuned in to watch the day's highlights. The opening words of the presenter were telling me who had won the day;s stage! What a waste of time. The off button was deployed immediately and I will not be following that event. B. dimwits.

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
Re gulls, I like them. Yes they can be pests (I live near St Ives where they are the same problem as described), but they are real characters with intelligence and WE with our filthy littering habits have made them behave like they do. Who else is going to clean up the squidged chips on the pavement etc?
We have a pair nesting on our roof and they are very well mannered. We put scraps out for them and they guard the premises against other gulls. We can leave tables of food out when bbq ing and they will not touch it. We have lifted their fallen chicks back on the roof and they know and trust us.
In town they have figured out how to work in pairs to get ice cream. One sits in front of the victim staring at him and the other flys in from behind and bashes him on the head with the flats of his feet. The shock usually results in the ice cream being knocked out of the hand to the waiting bird on the ground who then takes it a short distance where they share it. It is a learned behaviour passed down the generations. Good for them.
The solution is of course to stand by a lamp post to eat.

301 - 316 of 316 Posts