SlotForum banner
441 - 460 of 7089 Posts

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
For Valentines my wife told me to go out and get something that makes her look sexy... so I'm going out tonight to get drunk.
Nothing. No alcohol, chemical, optical accessory, no item of clothing or lack of clothing, would ever achieve the desired effect in this house.
sad.png

·
Gordon Steadman
6,987 Posts
Oh good grief.

Am I the only man left who still fancies his wife and regards her as his best friend and all that gooey stuff?

I spend time in the track room not to escape her but we allow each other to do our thing without any of the usual silly emotional pressures.

She thinks valentines day is a load of rubbish and merely there to relieve us of a bit more of our dosh. Practical, down to earth and for some strange reason......she, at least she does appear to...appears to think the same about me.

70 in April and hopefully a few more years together yet.

Maybe I shouldn't put this in the grumpy bin. Then again, all the men who keep complaining about their other halves instead of doing something about it makes me grumpy so it can stay here!!

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
gus3049........... Wor Lass is my best friend. I can honestly say that's why I married her. It certainly wasn't her looks, or anything akin to lust. She lets me be who I am (and I reciprocate...). For that, I'm more than grateful.

I did the "trophy wife" thing 30+ years ago and that brief attempt at marriage lasted until the "lady" in question thought some other bloke's money and lifestyle would be more fun than staying married to me. Many years later (when it was far too late......) she confided in me that it was the biggest mistake of her life and "not a day goes by when I don't regret what I did to us". Those words will haunt me for the rest of my life.

·
Gordon Steadman
6,987 Posts
It is my one regret in life that it took so long to find someone I actually like as much as all the other stuff. Every other woman I have been with seemed to have ulterior motives.

When someone leaves when you lose your business, the 17 room Georgian mansion and the six Alfas in the mews garage, it is easy to suspect the attraction wasn't my good looks, overwhelming intelligence and irresistible personality! I hope the other fella wasn't me!!
question.gif

Hey ho.

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
OK so let me add a little to this pile. My wife has been severely ill since early December of 2016. There were times where I could not leave her side and she was sometimes acting like a totally different person.

She is doing better now but still not 100%.

We all talk about being healthy and happy and all that but when it hits you like it did me it borders on the level of panic soldiers must feel when a battle breaks out.

Part of you wants to flee, part says you have to stay.

The point is you know you found the right one when you literally will go through hell and high water for her (or him...whatever's your pleasure...)

It's when she is having bad days I realize how much I love her and how much that love grows every day regardless of how she is feeling...

I know she didn't marry me for looks, my smooth buttery voice (I sound like mickey mouse after drinking chocolate milk) or my intelligence (
) so I see it a privilege to take care of her and the family as best I can...

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #448 ·
ya de yah... we love 'em really... after all they put up with us being big kids!!
thumbsup2.gif

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
My grump for today is.......

Bleeding-heart liberal "remainers" who, eight months on, still insist on branding those who voted to leave the EU "racist".
grump.gif
Get over it! No-one can have their own way all the time, so stop being bad losers and focus on doing what you can to help make post-EU Britain Great again.

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #451 ·
My grump for today is.......

Bleeding-heart liberal "remainers" who, eight months on, still insist on branding those who voted to leave the EU "racist".
grump.gif
Get over it! No-one can have their own way all the time, so stop being bad losers and focus on doing what you can to help make post-EU Britain Great again.
yup .... me too!

·
Gordon Steadman
6,987 Posts
It appears that I am the only member of my family who voted to stay in, this includes my wife and her side. When I speak to them, they seem to be describing a country that never really existed outside their imagination but it's done so there is no point doing anything but getting on with it.

You will note that I do still talk to them
smile.png

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
I should be swinging from the rafters as I have discovered a new substance hitherto unknown to mankind....bit I'm not. it has the combination of the material properties of granite , blu tac , treacle and a faeces encrusted blanket! I have named this incredible substance "37 year old carpet tape" , this was the name I came with after exhausting all known anglo saxon derivitives for ladies bits while spending all afternoon trying to remove said substance from some nice pitch pine floorboards in one room!!!!

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
grump.gif
...... And if that ^^^ isn't bad enough, now we have Mr Tony B.Liar sticking his neb in, trying to get "pro-Europeans to rise up and persuade the British people they were wrong about Brexit". Go away you stupid man! Any value you might have had as a politician is about as credible as Iraq's WMDs that you so passionately believed in the existence of.

"Out" means "out" (whatever form it takes). It doesn't mean "ooops, we meant in".

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #456 ·
he can go shove his head where he talks out of! if "his man" wasn't so busy leaning to tie a tie and how to polish his shoes he may have actually been visible during the debates.

I have two grumps today..... both with a euro twist.

#1. I popped into my local builders merchants today to buy some woodscrews , something I haven't done for years as I have been using away a HUGE trade pack I bought about 12 years ago. anyway the blank look I got when I asked for a box of 6 x 3/4" csk was explained when after a brief pause I was told..."oh that's the old imperial measurement". when was that little euro-gem snuck in then????

#2. have you seen all the hoo-hah in the news about ever lengthening periods between rubbish collections? apparently this is so we meet some cholera inducing euro-regulation by 2020. HELLO Mc FLY....WE WONT BE IN THE EU IN 2020!!!!!!

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
a box of 6 x 3/4" csk was explained when after a brief pause I was told..."oh that's the old imperial measurement"
That's 3.5x20 in new money. :) Personally, I think that metric sizes/measurements are the best thing about being part of Europe.

when was that little euro-gem snuck in then?
30-odd years ago, IIRC
thumbsup.gif

·
Registered
4,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #458 ·
I am a supposed to be a child of the metric age....but spent too long around proper craftsmen who used proper measurements!! I'd never bought screws in those sizes before...how bizarre.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
I'm going to get a lot of flack for this, but I need to vent...................

Aged parents & in-laws.
huh.png

They're even grumpier than me, if that's possible. They don't give a flying **** what they say, who they say it to, and if it causes offence. When it does cause they can't understand why. They want everything done when they want and don't seem to understand that family members (who are all between 25 and 60) have their own lives with commitments such as work and prior arrangements. They've got all the time in the world because they don't work, but they will not fit-in around others and get seriously huffy when things don't/can't get done to their timetable.

·
Premium Member
345 Posts
i voted leave and im glad the european union is falling apart and going bankrupt , in the mean we have less and less money to spend on education NHS POLICE AND ALL THE ARMED FORCES sorry rant over im just a lower class working man and we need change NOW
dribble.gif

441 - 460 of 7089 Posts