SlotForum banner

4901 - 4920 of 4965 Posts

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
It's a beautiful day today in Herefordshire, and any normal chap would not normally be grumpy in such fine conditions. However...

I went for a post-prandial walk, partially on country lanes, and discovered at one juncture, that someone had chucked two used face masks, an empty Waitrose sandwich carton and an empty Red Bull tin from a car window onto the road.

With a slight risk of contracting Covid from discarded face masks, I had no alternative but to leave the mess in situ, with all fluids well and truly boiling. Yobs!

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I don't get a lot of calls which is probably just as well as now I am home most of the time the phone sits on my desk, ok when I am in ear shoot but it also tends to stay there when I'm in the garden and shed. Standard route is if I'm expecting a call to check the phone when I come back in but it's quite often hours before I think to see if there are any missed calls.

The only reason I upgraded to a smart phone some years ago was that my PDA, remember them?, gave up the ghost and I was able to go from two to one devise. This has just made me think that I should go through my contact on the phone as probably 90% are from the time of my PDA and would have been work related and now not required and some probable 20 years old !

·
Registered
405 Posts
People who call me for a chat really p*** me off, theres countless ways to message me and my Vocal cords are damaged so it's painful to talk long periods.
I can't be bothered with a fancy phone now either, when travelling I was usually the one driving so wouldn't watch movies etc and I lack the vanity of snapping photos of every meal, if it wasn't for lack of support I'd use my old Lumia 1020 as it acctually had a Camera that didn't look like turd on screens other than the phone and would talk to PCs better than Android or Crapple, the Office suite was bloody handy too.

Trisha, you are generally alright as long as you dont touch it with your bare hands or touch your face directly after, just bung a small sanitizer in your pocket for emergancy.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Damned drunken numpties in neighbouring properties which are now Airb’nb’s partying up and down the street making too much noise out the front and bloody pop-up wine bar with guffawing cretinous clientele out the back - argh!!!!!!

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
For reasons that needn't detain us, I was sitting in slow traffic early this morning on a main arterial road leading to the city of Hereford. At one point I stopped to allow a smart young lady in a smart new Audi to join the traffic queue from my left.

I gesticulated with a courteous wave of my hand to signal to her that she was free to move in front of me. I repeated the wave and flashed my headlamps but, alas, to no avail. Her Audi remained stationary, as did she.

The woman did nothing except gawp at me. She continued gawping, most vacantly. 'Twas a kind of gawp that told me that the power supply was working - probably - but a break had occurred in one of the cables, so I continued my dreary journey. She, presumably, did not.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
I ride my bike a lot and a lot of drivers try to wave me through when they have the right of way. I usually don't like this because 9 times out of 10 it will be a 4-way intersection and another vehicle will arrive and if I go out of order it will cause chaos.
I appreciate their concern and courtesy but sometimes it doesn't really help... Besides, a internal combustion engine is only efficient while moving ....

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
I don't tend to let people out and don't expect to be let out. The main reason being that I find it's not always possible to have a full view of the road around the other vehicles and you can never be sure if there is a motorcyclist overtaking somewhere or a cyclist undertaking that you just can't see. I also tend to find that if I do let someone in they then decide to crawl along and let someone else in at every turning.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
For reasons that needn't detain us, I was sitting in slow traffic early this morning on a main arterial road leading to the city of Hereford. At one point I stopped to allow a smart young lady in a smart new Audi to join the traffic queue from my left.

I gesticulated with a courteous wave of my hand to signal to her that she was free to move in front of me. I repeated the wave and flashed my headlamps but, alas, to no avail. Her Audi remained stationary, as did she.

The woman did nothing except gawp at me. She continued gawping, most vacantly. 'Twas a kind of gawp that told me that the power supply was working - probably - but a break had occurred in one of the cables, so I continued my dreary journey. She, presumably, did not.
When I did advanced driver training I was taught NEVER to accept that ^^^ kind of "courtesy". In fact, the exact thing happened to me on my advanced test. The other driver got very arsey when he finally cottoned-on that I wasn't going to pull in front of him, was obviously shouting bile at me, and gesticulating that I am a self-abuser. Had I taken him up on his kind offer, I would have failed the test.

I don't tend to let people out and don't expect to be let out. The main reason being that I find it's not always possible to have a full view of the road around the other vehicles and you can never be sure if there is a motorcyclist overtaking somewhere or a cyclist undertaking that you just can't see. I also tend to find that if I do let someone in they then decide to crawl along and let someone else in at every turning.
Quite! (y)

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
Had a phone call, which came up as a possible spam call, just after midday but as I'm expecting some important calls which I don't know the numbers for I answered it. Some female trying to sell my energy who I told I had not long changed supplier and was on a two year fixed contract. Can I see if I can save you money she said, No I'm fine thank you I said, still she persisted so I said I'm not interested , goodbye and hung up. I then marked the number as spam and blocked. Since then I have had two further calls from the same number, both blocked after one ring. Persistent little 💩s

·
Registered
405 Posts
Old Man keeps getting that from Virgin Media the past week despite already being on pretty much top tier anyway, can almost set your watch off the time they ring.

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Life in the northern hemisphere should be a little darker just after 11am 'smorn, as the sun gets eclipsed by the moon.

Jus' sayin'.

·
re member
4,019 Posts
Life in the northern hemisphere should be a little darker......thought you were all going to plug in your electric cars

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
thought you were all going to plug in your electric cars
Pah! :( That malarky is no good to me, in its current (excuse the pun) state. I need a car that will do at least 350 miles without the need to stop for an hour or more to fully recharge. I'll be sticking with my dirty diesel with its 500 mile range for the foreseeable - probably the rest of my driving lifetime.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Pah! :( That malarky is no good to me, in its current (excuse the pun) state. I need a car that will do at least 350 miles without the need to stop for an hour or more to fully recharge. I'll be sticking with my dirty diesel with its 500 mile range for the foreseeable - probably the rest of my driving lifetime.
I happened to mention to her who should be obayed thinking of getting a electric car , there was a short silence and she said , come of it you already have 138 of them isn't that enough, oh boy
Light me up.jpg

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Whilst driving home from the village shop with 'essential supplies' an hour ago, I slowly and carefully overtook two women in their 50s who were enjoying pleasant weather on bicycles. One woman, who lagged behind the other, was wobbling all over the road, which is why I went past with great care.

As I overtook, I quickly discovered the reason for the wild wobbling. She was holding the handlebars with her right hand, and writing a text message on her 'phone with the other.

Almost, but not quite, unbelievable.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
Well, Trisha, they do say that there's one in every village. 😋:poop:(n)

Reactions: Trisha
4901 - 4920 of 4965 Posts