SlotForum banner
5581 - 5600 of 5907 Posts

·
Registered
774 Posts
Don't use Edge Wobble, your Blood pressure will thank you for it, myself I use Chrome, not everyone likes it but it will be compatable with most pages, same with Firefox and Safari if you are a Fruit device user.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
^ SRIron

·
Registered
774 Posts
When people assume you haven't searched for something even though you explain you have searched for something, it's small but gets my back up, yes there are idiots within this world and some who won't look further than their nose but the polite thing would be to ask had they searched or where have they searched rather than just google it.

Shipping issues are also proving a perpetual pain but everyones in the same boat with that one with potential to get worse as Christmas rears its ugly head.

·
Kevs Racing Bits
3,239 Posts
Maybe I'm not old enough to be in the GOGS...I can't be arsed complaining about anything today...now customers...don't get me started!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
774 Posts
The Youtube algorithm is royally getting on my tits now, supposed targeted ads keep showing me running shoe ad after running shoe ad and some glorified tv in a mirror to do aerobics at home despite me never even so much as googling this kind of thing being I'd be physically incapable of using it.
And the stuff I am intrested in and trying to find is getting daft, shopping sites magically halve their results and hide options when you try to get them to order themselves (i.e price etc) 3 seperate searchs on the site has actually shown 3 sepeperate results in ebays case.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
AdBlock Plus and Ublock. Will sort it all. Privacy Badger as well if you like.

Reactions: StuBeeDoo

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Crisis what crisis it,s a crisis a minute in this country , make the mistake of turning the news on the telly and day after day there is a new one , in the meantime despite our media the majority of people just get on with life.
Except old Jim every time i see him in the street he's off , have you heard , have you seen, yes Jim i have as i,m trying to back away with him telling me what i,ve already seen for ages , i,m looking round in desperation for someone else to pop along and save me but like always no B-----s around when you need one.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
That reminds me of being idown the far end of Cornwall coming back from the lands end hotel on the St Ives road at 1 ish on a winters night and breaking down in the middle of nowhere.
Grabbed my mobile and no signal, wifes the same so started of walking towadrs the St Ives direction came to a cross junction and on the corner i saw a light , thought great a phone box walked up to it and found sod all inside except a light
Ha - a typical tale in these parts. I know the area well and sympathise. I once walked the 6 miles along the coast path from St. Ives to the pub at Zennor (it felt like 9) on a summer Saturday afternoon, bought a pint and thought that all was well with the world. On finishing the pint at about 6 p.m . I headed to the bus stop to get a bus back and found that the last bus had gone 30 minutes previously. reaching for my phone to order a taxi revealed no signal, and the phone box was non operative, as you describe. What dipstick thinks that a bus timetable like that is acceptable?

Your story above is also the precise start of a much loved local joke. As this is a grumpy thread I will not relate it here! P.m. for further info.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Pass out the Medicine Trisha, you'll soon have more.

Just had a Chap that looked like a reject from TOWIE whine to his equally reject looking wife about the state of my old T-Shirt, I was not aware Aldi had a dresscode and he should think himself lucky as some residents here do not even manage to shop in trousers prefering Y fronts or Womens underwear if the stories are to be believed.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
The pig will affect the aerodynamics of the Porsche, giving a new meaning to the Pink Pig livery. Bacon sandwich anyone?

I'm Grumpy as my car is in for MOT today (UK government official legally required road safety test) and I've not heard after over an hour. Got my flu jab later. I can see the nurse but not my Doctor, double standards within GP surgery.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I'm Grumpy as my car is in for MOT today (UK government official legally required road safety test) and I've not heard after over an hour.
MOT day always makes me nervous. I drop my car off at opening time and usually he's on the 'phone around lunchtime to say it's ready. If I've not heard by early afternoon, then I start stressing.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
My stepsons car was in over 5 hours. He wasn't impressed as it was booked in for a particular time and did get quite stressed, it passed though. I used to be nervous but I've got used to it passing with a few advisories (normally about a slow puncture or 2). Fingers crossed for today.

·
Registered
9,372 Posts
Spotted a VW Golf on my way to Abergavenny this afternoon that definitely won't be passing another MoT. 'Twas stationary at the side of a busy road well and truly ablaze.

Flames licked the atmo several feet aloft, black suffocating smoke drifted across the landscape and the car's owner could only stand by and watch his pride and joy going up in automotive cremation.

It started, he told me later, with a small plume of smoke behind the dashboard, and spread in minutes to... everything else. The fire brigade did their job and, most thankfully, no one was hurt.

·
Premium Member
1,959 Posts
That also reminds me of a car blaze that a friend suffered with a new Vauxhall Vectra some years back. It started the same way. He got out to investigate, put the bonnet (hood) up and found a blaze too big to deal with. Stepping back, he heard the central locking system snap shut and couldn't get into the car to retrieve his briefcase and work documents. He was running around trying to find a rock to smash a window with but couldn't

Bad, but what if there had been a child strapped into a kiddie seat in the back? This still disturbs me.

5581 - 5600 of 5907 Posts