SlotForum banner
5601 - 5620 of 6288 Posts

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I haven't had much to be grumpy about lately. Wor Lass just changed that. She informs me that step-son and the over-opinionated Ukrainian will be turning our house into Hotel StuBeeDoo this coming weekend. :mad:

Reactions: Trisha

·
Registered
884 Posts
I've got a window hammer in my emergancy kit but no extinguisher which I keep meaning to look into for either car, needs to be a powder type usually.

All I will say of MOTs is I can't wait to see the day the BMW becomes exempt, I'm dreading putting it back on the road as it is and oddly it last passed with a rotational knocking noise on the NS rear and headlight washers having sh*t themselves again.

Todays grump on returning dropping the Mrs off for her journey back north was the absolute sh*tshow some of my dear neighbours turned the street into having decided to dig up the driveway of 2 of the houses.
They'd blocked the road stopping the Dust cart getting through sending the Binmen into a rage, blocked in one of the Old Dears into her house along with blocking the pavement and the one vehicle they'd made some effort to put out the way was across multiple parking bays also blocking the pavment.
The racket went on all day which was strange as when I acctually looked at them they were more intrested in watching stuff on their phones.

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
Stu

My sympathy but there is a solution. I suggest you prep a three-course trough containing Jerusalem artichokes, onions, cauliflower, cabbage, haricot beans and several bulbs of undercooked garlic.

Disguise the earthy taste with honey and chillies, and serve wearing flip-flops and your favourite Y-fronts.

A lovely family feed bucket during which you treat them to endless yarns about the history of glass-making in Staffordshire, and/or the design of turbochargers from 1943.

There are regional variations but it always has the desired effect in Herefordshire.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
That also reminds me of a car blaze that a friend suffered with a new Vauxhall Vectra some years back. It started the same way. He got out to investigate, put the bonnet (hood) up and found a blaze too big to deal with. Stepping back, he heard the central locking system snap shut and couldn't get into the car to retrieve his briefcase and work documents. He was running around trying to find a rock to smash a window with but couldn't

Bad, but what if there had been a child strapped into a kiddie seat in the back? This still disturbs me.
Hmmm, one of my Signums (a derivative of the Vectra C) has an irritating habit of locking its doors and unlocking them at random intervals too. It only seems to do it while I'm in the car and driving it, which isn't too much of a problem as I can hit the unlock pad on the key when I need to get out, but.......... 😕

·
Registered
734 Posts
My old Acura did the lock-unlock dance as well, but the grump inducer was its habit of sounding its alarm at 2AM.

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
I wondered this morning how many slotters it takes to change a lightbulb, because first on the handwritten conjugal command list today reads: "Two lightbulbs gone in kitchen."

In reply I've scribbled: "True," and continue to wonder.

·
Registered
884 Posts
I acctually encountered that in a job, they wanted to put the help docs for internet issues on a server for people to access when they couldn't connect to the company internet.

I assume the neighbours had been told off as it's wierdly silent today so naturally that was an invitation for mother to witter at me instead despite having a mild reaction to the drugs again and spending most of today feeling like I have a hangover with non of the joys of drinking to it the night before, complete with a tounge feeling like I've possibly licked a Cat on the way home.

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
Below, a portion of the registration plate fitted to Mrs Grumpy's small VW. I recently suggested that she might like to add the letter, 'T' - for Trisha - to 'personalise' it.

Diplomacy! You've either got it or... bl**dy look out.
Automotive exterior Font Gas Electric blue Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
^ Short version
My parents found an old fashioned stiff broom at a garden centre. A bloke came to the house and while there asked where they bought the broom as he was looking for one. My father remarked that my mother had asked for transport of her own so he had bought it for her.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Below, a portion of the registration plate fitted to Mrs Grumpy's small VW. I recently suggested that she might like to add the letter, 'T' - for Trisha - to 'personalise' it.

Diplomacy! You've either got it or... bl**dy look out. View attachment 284180
I shake my head every time I see a Toyota pickup truck adorned with the acronym for their racing development division. Especially when it’s brown. Yes, I proudly drive a brown TRD says the owner.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Premium Member
411 Posts

Diplomacy! You've either got it or... bl**dy look out.
A Dutch comedian once stated: “My marriage is like a fairy tail, every evening I come home there’s a witch on the sofa”

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Not necessarily a bad thing. :love:

Flash photography Hat Dress People in nature Art

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Depends on your idea of a witch, I'm sure some remember the green faced Grotbags from an 80s children's tv show. Others may prefer the witches in the US TV show Charmed.

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Wobble - that sign is the analogue equivalent of those for computer users encountering internet difficulties which refer you to a website for help.
Or the Help Desk people that suggest you go through their FAQs on their website when you're complaining that you can't logon to their web site........

·
Registered
884 Posts
I don't know what it is with appliances around here of late, was too warm in bed last night so put the fan on only for it to shoot flames and fill the room with Acrid smoke.

5601 - 5620 of 6288 Posts