SlotForum banner
5641 - 5660 of 6715 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'm not too sure who's responsible for this but I'd imagine it's Micro5hit. What it is, is this little notification button has shown up on the pc screen, although I've done my best to remove all their 5hit from the screen so I can just have a pleasant calming photo of Lake Pukaki, that I took while on holiday, instead of all their infuriating bulls hit that they think I want to see. Darned if I can't remove it but unfortunately I don't know a heck of a lot about pcs and don't want to but it's surely rattled my cage today. I clicked on it once already and there was some ballyhoo about the honourable priminster Aderne somebody who looks a bit like Mr Edd the talking horse and who makes less sense than he did. Can't imagine who voted for her but I didn't. Anyway, I'm going slot racing now to calm down a bit with some good blokes.
Can you screen shot it? I'll try and trace where it can be turned off from.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Possibly the News and Interests Widget on the Windows 10 Taskbar.
To get rid of it from the taskbar entirely, the best solution is to right-click the Weather icon and go to News and interests > Turn off.
Then it will no longer appear, and you don't have to worry about it.
Steve..

·
Electric model car driver
1,628 Posts
Possibly the News and Interests Widget on the Windows 10 Taskbar.
To get rid of it from the taskbar entirely, the best solution is to right-click the Weather icon and go to News and interests > Turn off.
Then it will no longer appear, and you don't have to worry about it.
Steve..
Funny; that took the weather icon off the task bar, but it was never the same as the weather icon on the screen anyway. I've just taken to clicking on the 'notifications' icon on the screen and then closing it immediately before I get distracted by it.

·
Electric model car driver
1,628 Posts
instruction of a few simple clicks are available if you need them to do a screen shot
Thanks but no thanks beardy56. As much as I didn't want to, I resorted to opening the stupid notifications thing and there in the top right corner were the '3 little dots' and I huffed and I puffed and blue them away. Jacinda Ardern and her Animal Farm ideas won't be winding me up again.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Alls well that ends well and to screenshot on a PC either search Snipping tool from the start menu and use it to highlight the desired area or just press the print screen key and then paste onto a document or forum post.

Couldn't sleep so decided to make myself busy and now regret it, the ring/tie clip box wasn't so bad but I also worked on the Elektronika which is a USSR digital watch, basically I am adapting it to use a normal strap but the adapter parts which I have to modify as they arent for this watch are made of Stainless and being the early hours meant no dremel so I have been filing by hand which has made my already dodgy hands incredibly sore.
I've taken my usual Pill cocktail and will see if I can nap after this Cuppa, lord help the Dog if he wakes me.

·
Registered
1,704 Posts
The fish wars are about to start again i see , will it be sardines at dawn, kippers at the ready, a shortage of snails, we will fight them on the beaches send a warship if we can find one and enough fuel and sailors to man it i ask you isn't it about time B--------y politicians around the world grew up

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
Keith

The time for politicians growing up has long since passed. We can only hope that they are one day banished, and that power is transferred to sensible folk like, for example, Captain Haddock and Tintin. They couldn't make a worse job of things.

Could they?

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
You mention Attila, Keith. He ruled the Huns during the fifth century. A funny chap. Fond of travelling at other people's expense, ignored opinion that differed from his own, attacked anyone and anything that upset him, took a fancy to several women and ate more food than was good for his, or anyone else's, health.

This is all rather familiar with something of a modern ring about it. 'Nuff said.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Bl$$$y car wouldn't start for our weekend away. Never had a problem before. Breakdown man arrived in quick time and replaced the battery as the original had died on me. Chap was amazed it had lasted so long. It delayed departure by an hour. I'm not happy the car didn't give me any warning or previous indication the battery was failing. What's wrong with a message appearing on the dash to say the battery is bad? It can tell me when it overheats or I haven't put my seat belt on.

At least the A12 was clear.

·
Registered
12,054 Posts
A common prob, Matthew. Batteries can, and do, die without warning. I really enjoyed the time at Brands Hatch a few years ago when, at the end of a race meeting, the car failed to start.

We were tired, wet, hungry and fatigued, but only 210 miles from home...

RAC recovery chap arrived, fitted new battery and awf we went, several quid to the wind. Ne'er mind. Jus' another pain among all the others, eh?

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Only time you get warning is if its got a system thats picky on Voltage and it throws an error or in the colder months as it'll seem like it needs more turning over to start.
It's not so bad with a small manual car as you can bump them but big stuff and Automatics its a mega pain, Honda I got used to starting it like a Bobsled but BMW will refuse to even go into gear if the Voltage is low.

Woke up feeling like I want to cut my hands off at around 4, tonight if I'm awake will just be sitting quietly and then tomorrow maybe working on milder stuff as I forgot there was 2 slot cars and 3 watches in bits on the desk already.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Green means go!

Bat trees. I'm not sure about the ROW. Raise yer hand if ya remember the evil eye. Careful, your response might date ya, among other things.

The battery case had it's own primitive, but full time specific gravity tester built right in. In retrospect, brilliant!

What appeared to to be a glowing green light, was in fact a plastic ball/float which was painted phosphorescent green. If your battery was on it's way to the promised land or out right dusted, the intensity of the eye would fade as did the SG; or the indicator would begin to, or drop completely out of the little sight window on top of the batt.

Marvelous.

It worked on the archaic principals that; you knew what and where the bat tree was fer, could open yer hood, and ya werent color blind.

·
Premium Member
3,608 Posts
I go back to the days when each battery cell had it's own little screw cap and when you were doing the regular oil and coolant checks you would take of each cap put you're syringe in and take a reading for each cell, if you couldn't get any liquid out to test then time to top up with deionised water. If the reading were poor give the car a run, take a new reading noting the values and then check again in a couple of days, if they had dropped to far new battery time. If the readings were all reasonable different then you did the same. If you looked after your car you never had a flat battery, due to age or condition, as it was replaced before it got to the stage

5641 - 5660 of 6715 Posts