SlotForum banner
5801 - 5820 of 5886 Posts

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Yesterday, a chum of Mrs Grumpy lost her expensive iPhone. In the the car park of a local supermarket, she searched her car, pockets, handbag, and emptied her grocery bags in desperation.

She drove back to work to search her office. Still no iPhone, so she gave up and drove home. Alighting from her car with bags of shopping, she finally spotted the very object of her frantic desire.

Yep, it was on the roof of her car, where she had left it... Implausible but true.

I am also lost for words.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Yesterday, a chum of Mrs Grumpy lost her expensive iPhone. In the the car park of a local supermarket, she searched her car, pockets, handbag, and emptied her grocery bags in desperation.

She drove back to work to search her office. Still no iPhone, so she gave up and drove home. Alighting from her car with bags of shopping, she finally spotted the very object of her frantic desire.

Yep, it was on the roof of her car, where she had left it... Implausible but true.

I am also lost for words.
Once I left the keys car(now with sensor) in the windshield, only to find later after a short ride, that they were there and miraculously they didn’t fell to the floor or the car would have stopped in the middle of a highway 😅

Ps. In my defense I had left the car in a valet and they put the keys in the windshield so when the guy opened the door for me to take the wheel I assumed the keys were inside the car😅

·
Registered
751 Posts
Waited all day for this engineer to turn up for it to be after the stated time in the pitchblack, naturally can't do bugger all as he couldn't find a BT line that hasn't seen use since the 90s, fortunately Virgin is still paid up until the begining of next month so I can get on but naturally means more shenanigans.

I did have some sucess to the point I had to let the ebay phone sit as it had started to overheat, my sight has gone a bit fuzzy so I won't be listing tonight incase of mistake but theres a decent queue of items photographed and loaded on the laptop now including a Binatone games console that was so filthy it turned my fingers black picking it up, I did clean it down but it'll want it done again.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
Still no iPhone, so she gave up and drove home. Alighting from her car with bags of shopping, she finally spotted the very object of her frantic desire.

A couple of years ago, an old friend took delivery of a new iPhone. He had previously used a different operating system and so had not transferred any data over. It was a new Sim card and new number, which nobody knew and it had been in his hands for about two minutes when he took it outside and put it on the roof of his car whilst he felt in his pockets for the keys. At that precise moment the 'phone rang with vibration mode on, and slid of the car to smash on the ground..

Is this a record?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
I don't get people putting stuff on the roof, it scratches the paint.
Reminded me of The Red Green Show, where to stop people tailgating he glued an aluminium lunchbox to the roof. The idea was that other drivers would think he put it there while looking for his keys and forgot it.
When he was driving at speed no one got within 100 yards of him!

Reactions: model murdering

·
Electric model car driver
1,504 Posts
Outside the fish and chip shop one day a bloke getting in his car dropped his wallet and drove off without it. I picked it up and found an address on his license and looked it up and delivered the wallet immediately. I figured he'd be about halfway through his fish and chips by the time I got there and when he opened the door and I offered him his wallet he acted like I'd stolen the damn thing, and here's me thinking I'd done him a favour.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Possibly a bit of both, it's filtered down into other cars now too with 'Aggresive stance' being the new in word with automotive brochure fluff, my E46 is aggressive enough for my tastes as it acctually somewhat resembles a toothless skull.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Whilst out and about recently I spotted a couple of new BMWs, and wondered if today's automotive stylists are promoting aggression, or reflecting it.
I'm not a lover of the current trend of multiple huge dummy vents and exhausts. Less is more, IMHO - keep it smooth. (y)

My grump of the day......... Wor Lass informed me today that I need to read the gas & electricity meters. Really?? We've got smart meters. Surely the whole point of that exercise was to eradicate reading?

·
Registered
751 Posts
I'm not a lover of the current trend of multiple huge dummy vents and exhausts. Less is more, IMHO - keep it smooth.
Tbh even the supposed 'real' ones are pretty pointless too, I had to change of the side 'gill' ones on my M3 after losing one on drive and theres nothing but wing behind them, I've not had the ones on an E60 M5 out which many claim are functional but pretty much every other car I've seen them on they have little to no effect on the car itself.

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
After watching Qatar qualifying last evening on Mrs Grumpy's electric televisual apparatus, I felt too fatigued to move for a couple of minutes, but quickly gained a little energy of motion when virtual reality dawned.

Mrs Grumpy flicked through sundry broadcasting channels in the hope of discovering further televisual entertainment.

Shocking! I had no idea that broadcasting had sunk so far into the dismal world of sub-mediocrity. Garbage designed to appeal to the Lowest Common Denominator, I disappeared for fear of further exposure to cyber-infection.

Disturbing.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Ebay is getting my goat, it keeps hiding listings limiting the traffic I get, I've done a couple of tests and even word for word matched I can be several pages in before my listing will appear if at all.
Its not even a case of sponsered as several things are less than the value of what it would cost to have them as a sponsored or promoted listing which is concerning as I've got a heck of a lot to upload already and I'm not even done with the photo stage.

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
The BBC reports today that Britain's oldies should listen more carefully to the concerns of young people. A senior school mistress says that today's yoof are concerned about "isshoes' of racism, sexism and climate change.

Yep, got all that. Now, perhaps, Miss school mistress, you could start teaching yoof to communicate efficiently in a language we oldies can actually understand.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Well there was a ton of stuff missing when I went out shopping, I like Black Friday providing its acctually discounted as that was generally when I'd do the Christmas shop to avoid the herberts later on, cannot partake this years as I do not have the funds yet.
One to make the HOG list, I took Mother to Hobbycraft for supplies as she wishes to knit the Grandchild the creature popped out a Jumper and they had a 1/24th Martini Porsche kit that I must now forget about between now and Christmas, they did have a Tow truck too but at £53 it was far too expensive.

·
Premium Member
1,949 Posts
My point was that Black Friday used to be a day but now it's a whole week. We (the UK) only heard about this Black Friday phenomenon a very few years ago and already the marketing has inflated it to a week. Next year it may have inflated to three months, like Christmas.

5801 - 5820 of 5886 Posts