SlotForum banner
5821 - 5840 of 5886 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
Could be worse, it could be as long as a DFS sale.
I think any day in the mess is more enjoyable, I'm still yet to see mine running nearly a year later, being serverely behind with ebay, requested to another project and swamped with medical mess means it will likely be longer unless someone rocks up with another set in better nick.

·
Registered
751 Posts
To avoid hurting myself I opted to move one lot of stuff later and grab so easier stuff instead only to hurt myself doing that and then to top it off even more of my Jackets no longer fit, Charity shops going to be laughing with the amount of stuff heading their way.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Reminded me of The Red Green Show, where to stop people tailgating he glued an aluminium lunchbox to the roof. The idea was that other drivers would think he put it there while looking for his keys and forgot it.
When he was driving at speed no one got within 100 yards of him!
"Quando omni flunkus moritati"

When all else fails, play dead.

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
The new tablet I acquired a few weeks ago has been playing up for the past few days, as I knew it would, for it is yet another piece of electronic junk destined to return to the soil from whence it came.

I can't even be bothered to return it to the shop in which I bought it because of my oft-applied medical test. If a doctor gave me three hours to live, would I waste it returning my tablet for a replacement? A rhetorical question, of course.

A new tablet below. Wonder if this one will last more than a few weeks.
Eyewear Wood Gadget Gas Cookware and bakeware

·
Registered
751 Posts
Whatever it's doing is probably resolvable (the tablet not the confused Daffodil) if you are willing to fettle, I myself will continue to soilder on with Laptops as large fingers do not get on well with touchscreen keyboards, not that I get on with Laptop ones that well given the frequency of typos and the fact I'm missing a space bar still.

I've been seeing my theory proved on ebay, by actively bombarding it with new listings ebay seems to be pushing my active ones more, stuff thats had little to no attention in months magically has a small following in the matter of mere hours, it does however bring out the daft ones including those that make bids, ask questions and then decide acctually they don't want it anymore completely abusing ebay's aup.
I've still a lot to list but had to give up last night due to my eyes just seeing text as a blur, It's a little better this morning but not by much so I've taken my meds and opted to sit and stew with some Earl Grey until my head balences out, the plus side being that once its done its relatively self maintaining so I can do some more fun stuff insted.

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
At 4am today I was driving around a roundabout in an unfamiliar and grotesque part of London feeling fearful. The car was low on petrol and all roads home led to a Pay Motorway requiring a special swipecard I didn't have.

Road signs threatened a 20-year gaol sentence for anyone entering the Motorway without the correct swipecard. I was in a Catch22 situation. Weird concrete buildings surrounding me began to look more and more menacing, and impatient drivers honked their horns at me.

Then I woke up. It had all been a really bad dream. Presumably, it was a bad dream in my sub-conscious that gives just one view of British motoring in 2021. Unpleasant.

·
Registered
945 Posts
Pay per mile is coming , I'm sure every city is planning the cash cow that is a ulez, read recently that hybrids produce more pollution than the latest diesels on initial start up, the wholesale price of fuel has come down 5p per litre in the last week, not of course reflected in the forecourt price, happy days, we'll at least on a slot car track.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I am admitedly dreading things when I eventually return my car to the road, recomissioning aside it's almost starting from day 1 driving wise again, my NCB expired and no Car policys in my name for years as I'm just a named driver for the Kuga, modifications aside located beneath the bonnet is not an eco friendly tiny turbo engine but an early 2000's 3.2 built with power in mind over anything else so London becomes a no go should I feel the need to return there again.

Theres no way I could consider an EV either to leave the beast to slumber while whizzing about with the only emmisions my own backside, street parking is an awful roulette of getting anywhere near the house and the Garage lacks electrification and would be incredibly expensive to add it.

·
Registered
751 Posts
My Morns Grump, after sweating my backside off as no one in this house seems to understand that there is a thermostat setting below Summer in the Mojave I was rudely risen by my my Neighbour deciding his morning required a large masonry powe drill which I was very tempted to see if he could operate with his backside.
Needless the say my already pounding head was worsened and the ebay slog continues with a short interlude to go and get MRI scanned for a third time this evening, I'd use this time for a nap but generally they are louder than a Chieftain tank so not much different to usual.

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Governments around the world can, and will, rid the roads of internal combustion engines in the palpably-near future, but plans to ease traffic congestion are conspicuous by their total absence.

I sat in a traffic jam this morning. It took 45mins to travel three miles.

Too many cars, too many people, no solutions.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
plans to ease traffic congestion........
Around my neck of the woods, road planners have a wizard-wheeze. They increase the number of lanes on a heavily-used 2-lane dual carriageway by widening the road by considerably less than the width of one lane, and then paint the lane 1 and 2 markings closer together than the originals were leaving lane 3 as the narrowest (often with signage noting that lane 3 has a 6ft6 width restriction). These people clearly haven't grasped that even "modest" family cars now are wider than 6ft6 when the rear-view mirrors are taken into account.

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Interesting, Stu. I recall in London roughly 30 years ago that several local authorities narrowed roads at certain points with cast-iron posts set in concrete 6ft 6in apart. The idea was to deter large vehicles destroying the peace in leafy suburbs.

'Twas also inconvenient for the owners of the Silver Shadow, which is exact 6ft 6in wide...

·
Registered
945 Posts
Bottom line for London,now Birmingham and soon Manchester is that the motorist is a perfect revenue stream opportunity.
Never see any commitment from these authorities as to exactly where all this revenue goes to help the motorist.
Read earlier today that the highwayman SK in London is seeking a flat £3:50 from ALL cars entering London to shore up tfls coffers, this is in addition to the congestion charge and the ulez charge.

5821 - 5840 of 5886 Posts