SlotForum banner
5841 - 5860 of 5886 Posts

·
Registered
751 Posts
I got caught by a little London madness but not as much as I'd expected, however..

A Tale of Professional Incompetence

So for this MRI appointment I was never sent a letter nor told of what I needed to get there, the only address being given was a Clinic letter head.
So me and the Old Man set out and reach what according to the letters address is the correct place and given a Mobile MRI unit stood outside little idea would be to the contrary.
So we approach the door to be told no entry this side of the building, this side being the Car park where one would normally approach the building from, so a walk around this entire building ensues which wasn't small with the cold damp air and strain starting to aggrivate my back, we get in and I'm told to remove my gloves that I use to help with the pain in my hands and promptly go through the building to the door we are not allowed in and through to a waiting room, ask is this MRI, yes take a seat lets get some details.
After several minutes of trying to talk through a mask too small for my face they came to a conclusion I wasn't supposed to be at this hospital and directed me to another hospital across the road and down a hill, fortunately this time the forbidden door was open to us so a bit of the journey was removed, the Old man more able bodied than I went ahead and as I finally got to this place he came out and had been told oh it not here go down the road at which point my patience had got as thin as 1 ply toilet paper as the pain had started to get to a level approaching that of the original injury, so back to the car we go paying £2 for the privlege of being in the wrong place and we drive where directed with not a single clear sign and what we could read not being anything near what we wanted and then they proceeded to ring to moan to which I very nearly gave them a mouthful and told them I'd arrived with plenty of time and their lack of instructions was to blame and they'd now put me in a lot of pain, she finally gave me the actual address which was waaay down a main road hidden in a group of Flats and said you need to be here within a few minutes or we can't do it to which I replied I'll get there when I get there as I've now got to fight rush hour traffic.
I get in and get told my trousers are not suitable to which I said well if you'd said I'd have brought PJs and a previous hospital had been fine with them, I was then handed a gown that wouldn't even go over one arm and slippers that would fit 2 toes so I stood on the backs of my shoes to make them slipper like and held the gown over my offending regieon (still had my boxers on so backside was hidden) but they then found a me sized gown (a parachute regiment is probably annoyed now) and to the machine we went but rather than have me sit where they needed me they wanted me to shuffle and that about ended my spine so that was a hellish time not helped by being already boiling hot before it proceeded to heat me more making the sound of Highway to hell somewhat appropiate over the supplied headphones.

I'm finally home after making 100% sure where the next appointment is, naturally got home to daft ebay questions and a sea of watchers with no new bids, it gets better some say but when no one seems to know.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
This summer government in my city put a curfew in most cars because of the pollution levels, for two days about half of the vehicles were void to stay in the streets…pollution levels didn’t drop but increased, why? Because public transport and industry is the real pollution cause, imho….

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
This summer government in my city put a curfew in most cars because of the pollution levels, for two days about half of the vehicles were void to stay in the streets…pollution levels didn’t drop but increased, why? Because public transport and industry is the real pollution cause, imho….
On the M1 motorway, between junctions 32 and 34 - where it dissects Sheffield and Rotherham - they have a 60mph speed limit "to reduce pollution". The most polluting vehicles, lorries, are limited to 56mph.

You couldn't make it up........... o_O

Reactions: Trisha

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Shortly after I was born my parents gave me a name and registered it with the authorities. Later, I learned my name and discovered that it wasn't, and never has been, 'There.'

I'm irritated, therefore, by a small minority who address me, and many others, with: "Hello, There."

It is discourteous and I wish that offenders would stop it.

·
Registered
751 Posts
56 is the magical number where vehicles are supposedly at their most efficent interms of Momentum vs keeping the vehicle at that momentum, its where peak MPG is supposedly achieved although even being good and sticking to it in the M it never seemed to get much better than 20 which I got driving it my normal way.

As to your grump Trisha I only tend to use it when I've no idea whom I am addressing, perhaps name tags are in order.

Today after aggrivating my back fishing in the Toilet for a small lotion bottle that somone knocked in an negelected to retrieve before I ran in touching cloth, I have been put on driving duty which will likely result in the Old Man attempting to instruct me on how to drive despite the fact I have been doing it for many years and in far larger and powerful vehicles than your average everyday crossover, I do fancy pottering about but the back has said no to this and the Black area on my right big toe seems to have grown too.

Is it too early to return to Bed?

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Tolkien once wrote that he never understood why we might write or say: "A large green tree," instead of: "A green large tree."

It is, of course, a petty philological dilemma with words chosen in order of their 'largesse.'

A fast sleek silver F1 Mercedes or a F1 silver fast sleek Mercedes?

Note to self: try to get out a bit more.

·
Registered
2,012 Posts
Tolkien once wrote that he never understood why we might write or say: "A large green tree," instead of: "A green large tree."

It is, of course, a petty philological dilemma with words chosen in order of their 'largesse.'

A fast sleek silver F1 Mercedes or a F1 silver fast sleek Mercedes?

Note to self: try to get out a bit more.
Sorry Laurence, I prefer “A fast once sleek F1 crashed Merc”😉
Shirt Photograph Facial expression Vertebrate Muscle

·
Registered
945 Posts
Folks, especially governments and companies with vested interests still bigging up electric cars, read yesterday about the guy who designed the Nissan leaf.
He has reiterated many other scribes, zero emissions are not carbon neutral, he had calculated that the carbon footprint of manufacturing an electric car is rather high, he stated a Volvo xc jeep could travel 150.000 km before the electric car had a smaller carbon footprint.
We really need a mix, electric,hydrogen and bio fuels, it's all about whole life cycle analysis, we teach It in GCSE DT, governments conveniently ignore it as it doesn't support their headlong dash, when we get there I suspect road pricing zero emissions revenue will exceed current car tax revenue.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I just got a very small amount of rain and wind so not much different to normal, Dog has decided its best to just hide ones head and go back to sleep.
Attempts to make a Simple toasted Sandwich were seen with issues as the fancy bread Mother insists on buying is on the turn, don't know whats wrong with simple Super market branded stuff thats in date but apparently this is better, it appears the Old man whilst p*ssed as a fart felt the need to eat most of the Sandwich meat I'd got in to last a while on Monday so looks like its just cheese for a week, toasting stage was not so bad bar finding utensils as people keep opting for the method of pile it high in the sink and leave it.

·
Registered
543 Posts
Folks, especially governments and companies with vested interests still bigging up electric cars, read yesterday about the guy who designed the Nissan leaf.
He has reiterated many other scribes, zero emissions are not carbon neutral, he had calculated that the carbon footprint of manufacturing an electric car is rather high, he stated a Volvo xc jeep could travel 150.000 km before the electric car had a smaller carbon footprint.
We really need a mix, electric,hydrogen and bio fuels, it's all about whole life cycle analysis, we teach It in GCSE DT, governments conveniently ignore it as it doesn't support their headlong dash, when we get there I suspect road pricing zero emissions revenue will exceed current car tax revenue.
White Product Black Vehicle Font

If "guvment" truly wanted zero emissions, they'd shut the hell up.

·
Registered
9,291 Posts
Driving through the once-delightful village of Shipston-on-Stour today, I spotted a new 4WD Maserati SUV. 'Twas painted black with matching black wheels and windows. Very black. Nothing wrong with black, but this heap resembled an egg box that had just survived a brush with fire.

If there's a point to such grotesque automotive misery, I've missed it.

·
Premium Member
2,925 Posts
They are made to look menacing, doesn't mean they are, with the hope that everyone else will get out of the way so the driver doesn't have to worry about being in a vehicle that is bigger than they know how to drive.

·
Registered
751 Posts
The problem is literally every Car Manufacturer is trying to do the same Menacing look and no one can have a normal sized vehicle anymore incase they feel inadequate so you get a long line of the same angry SUV/Crossover.
It does make it a pain in the backside to actually operate a normal Car as you cant see round them without craning and the b**tard headlights are usually in line with your eyeline and rearview mirror so at night you get blinded frequently.

5841 - 5860 of 5886 Posts