SlotForum banner
5901 - 5920 of 6288 Posts

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
There's a rash of those radar powered 'Your Speed' gadgets been installed around the Forest of Dean
TBH we could do with a couple of braces of those ^^^ on the road outside our gaff. 20mph speed limit, "cushions" every 200mtrs, and yet very few people obey the limit - even bus drivers. It would probably be better if the cushions were replaced with full-width speed-humps, but that isn't going to happen because it's a "blue-light route".

·
Registered
884 Posts
They are all over here too, they don't mean overly anything other than to remind you of your speed and make you feel guilt by showing a sad face until you are 10 over where it goes Too Fast which resulted in someone attaching a Too Furious sign beneath it.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Remember Kids don't put off jobs until later otherwise they'll bite you in the @rse.

Could barely move all day and the Old Man was acting up so put off things until tonight parceling wise, only ran out of Tape 9 items in and I'm not fit to drive to one of the 24hrs Supermarkets right now so it'll be a Morning Job, still not even sure how it'll all go Post Office as Mates in isolation and Family is out to dinner.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Sky Cloud Motor vehicle Vehicle Car

I miss Bonaire. Covid has kept me traveling to my favorite dive destination.
Locally the constabulary placed one of those radar Your Speed things that featured flashing red and blue lights when exceeding limits. Quite festive, appropriate for the holiday season.

·
Registered
884 Posts
That wouldn't work here as it's a sport to set things off if you aren't caught, those bulbs would be burned out within a day.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Logic sometimes makes little sense, I asked the Old Man to pick up some tape on his Friday excusrsion with the Dog as he had the car and he came back with a full roast dinner and no tape, he is also supposed to be out to an early dinner later.
Fortunately I will be able to have the car then so I can atleast get supplys to finish the Parcels and get some dinner for myself as I have been purposely not invited.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Sods law, stock up on one thing and ran out of another tonight, far short of completing all paid parcels before Mother's Birthday Outing tomorrow.
I use recycled cardboard to build armour for Vinyl Records and because so many are a single purchase order (not complaining about that as such as every penny helps) I've burned through my entire supply with only scraps and a box with webbing stuff left, I am hoping I can find somewhere to scavange some more from on my Travels tomorrow, ideally my Wheelchair should be being loaded in the car which does limit space somewhat.

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
Paradise Lost, Paradise Regained

Wind continues to howl, boom and bang around the house, the cat's gone out, the washing machine has just stopped and Mrs Grumpy has left for the day. Pandemonium has departed, escaped and made itself demonstrably, and most agreeably, scarce.

It's just the wind, the Mess, the local chippy and I. A pleasant few hours lie ahead, therefore, without morning grumpiness.

Respite, if only for a few precious hours.

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Today had a Christmas Shopping day with the family😅, I don’t know how I survived the Mall, the people, noise and everything that I hate when not buying slot cars. At least the dinner was really nice (big shrimps cocktail & a French dip sandwich😋). The Northern slot club is near the Mall I went so went to pick up my Black Friday buy, a nice Slot it Porsche GT1 which was at only 47usd ! So today is what I call a mixed feelings day, grumpiness for going “shopping” but at the same time picked up my little slot car and had a good meal…

A shot of the said car here 🙂

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Registered
884 Posts
I wanted a slot car on my travels yesterday but sadly did not have enough to spare, was a Scalextric CSL in full BMW motorsport Livery and was about £55, I did however get bought by Mother an R/C to fettle with, a Boxed but possibly wanting work Nikko Go Kart that I will no doubt be racing my Sisters elderly Jack Russell with Christmas day if it will run.

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
Popped into my local branch of Hobbycraft today. When this craft and hobby shop opened, the aisle below was packed with kits on both sides. The second picture shows what's on offer today.
Building Shelf Retail Shelving City

Shelf Shelving Publication Toy Gadget

·
Premium Member
3,219 Posts
This weekend I should have been building some slot cars but.😖😖😖

Having had notification that my Shapeways chassis order was arriving at least week earlier than expected I placed four orders on Wednesday for motors, pods, wheels, tyres and other parts along with a slot car. Two orders dispatched the same day and with one of these suppliers orders normally arrive next day. Thursday and the slot car and last order, from Pendle's is dispatched but no post. Friday DHL deliver the slot car, a NSR F1, but still no post but PO advise they have my Pendle's order. Saturday and the parcels postman delivers my Pendle's order but still no normal post. Seems the problems at the Chelmsford area sorting depot are now affecting SS post codes 🤬🤬🤬. I'm now sitting here looking at a little pile of 3D and PP chassis and some motor pods but no motors to put in them.

Now it's getting dark and I'm getting grumpier. Only bright light so far my football team won, just hoping the F1 highlights will be worth watching. Would be nice to end a very grumpy weekend on a bright note.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Popped into my local branch of Hobbycraft today. When this craft and hobby shop opened, the aisle below was packed with kits on both sides. The second picture shows what's on offer today.
Mine did the same, it started out as a massive store with a large ground floor and a Mezzanine upper floor about 2/3 the size, it had various kits and stuff to build it all with with proper tooling and full paint ranges over several aisles.
Now the Mezzanine is blocked off and you get maybe 1 or 2 Scalextric sets, no train sets and about 2 shelves for the kits and the supplies to do the layouts or scenes etc?
Scattered across the entire store and basic at best, it's 50/50 you'll find the paints you need for your build as restock just does not happen, I've got a good Model shop but it's only running 3 days a week and difficult to get to.

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
Keith

A bright note for you. It appears you have, like so many, suffered from the incompetence of others. Why not get your own back?

I suggest you go dancing and, when you crash into everyone, tell them it's so obviously because the floor is tilting exactly 27.917 degrees to the left of top dead-centre.

Always worth a try.

I didn't get away with it, either. Ne'er mind.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Royal Fail keep sending out the leaflets to have them collect your Parcels, a mate tried it as he's on Covid isolation and theres no one to acctually collect them.
I'm sticking to dropping them off for now, my Sister helped me carry the last lot in as my poor Postie is already worked off his feet if he was to get stuck with the pick ups so wouldn't be fair on him and atleast that way I know it's all in the system.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Keith

A bright note for you. It appears you have, like so many, suffered from the incompetence of others. Why not get your own back?

I suggest you go dancing and, when you crash into everyone, tell them it's so obviously because the floor is tilting exactly 27.917 degrees to the left of top dead-centre.

Always worth a try.

I didn't get away with it, either. Ne'er mind.
Send me in, I'm expected to fall over so do get away with landing on people.

·
Registered
10,591 Posts
This very morn I received a stern warning from Mrs Grumpy. Under no circs am I to go cycling today because, having finally had my booster jab, I might meet with medical/chemical/biological/physiological maladies.

"Take paracetamol and drink lots," she barked.

Well, I'm off on me bike soon, and will heed her advice later by drinking lots (with Captain Haddock).

Sound.

5901 - 5920 of 6288 Posts