SlotForum banner
6661 - 6680 of 6731 Posts

·
Registered
3,048 Posts

·
Electric model car driver
1,630 Posts
Newspaper is also good if you wrap about 5 sheets around your gutted Kahawai then soak it in fresh water and then bake it in a medium oven until the paper is dry. When you unwrap it the scales and skin should lift off and it's ready to scoff. Sorry but nothing grumpy about that.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
...then wrapping up your chips
I thought this was ancient history? Now plastic newspaper?

We still get flyers here printed on newsprint. So I squirrel them away.

People who spray cars probably now have to buy special paper for masking?

·
1,630 Posts
Celebrity. What does that mean anyway? ... Anyway, some 'celebrity' did something un-pc and was pulled up on it. His answer involved lots of crying and elephant tears. I'm cringing like I don't know what, just thinking about it. What is it with all these people that think tears and bs are going to make it OK?

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Today I bought a notebook to keep track of which cars in my collection need new tyres. I'm very Grumpy as it's a bigger list then I thought and I've only noted the cars I can remember needing tyres.

Most of them on the list will, when funds permit, get Ortmanns (because most of them are Carrera).

Damn, just remembered another 4.

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Pleased to see slot it have reintroduced F22s, we need them for classic and group C at N Staffs,so no grump there.
Today's grump is the constant moaning from electric car users over recharging, if the car park regs say 90 minutes of parking that's it , period, so it doesn't matter if you're not fully charged, move somewhere else to complete it, also if you are there over the stay limit it prevents others using the facility.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Re EV drivers/owners/users............

I read, the other day, about an EV owner bleating because the only charge-point near him was out of order on a regular basis. Am I missing something here?? Surely, if you desire an EV you make sure you have the facility to charge it at home. If, for whatever reason, your abode isn't a suitable location for a charge-point, you have to re-think your plans - no matter how much of an eco-warrior you are. :rolleyes:

And, as Tangerine noted above, if you choose to use a charge point located in a car park with restrictions, charges, or both, being connected to the charger doesn't exempt you from said charges or restrictions. ............Or does EV ownership automatically increase a person's sense of entitlement?

·
Registered
3,048 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I remember not all that long ago a 'news' story where a bloke was whinging his Hybrid's battery had degraded and Merc wouldn't replace it based on the fact it was normal age based degredation and wasn't sold to him by them so didn't carry warrenty.
I know currently I cannot have anything Plug in so I simply don't even look, only off road parking is the Garage which theres no electricity supplied to the whole block of (they are the more modern type where they don't expect you to work in them but not modern enough to be lit) and even if you got away with running a wire without tampering across the pavement the likelyhood of parking close is minimal even with people aware I'm disabled.

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Until they can recharge an EV with a lightening bolt, best to bring a book to "Hurry Up and Wait!" ... LMAO!

As with most things that look good on paper (two dimensions), the third aspect or dimension, often unseen or hidden, typically taints the outcome. Purposely censored by the rah rahs, the time quotient lurked in plain sight as the elephant in their perfect equation. Can I get a collective "duh" from the common sense gang.

The remainder in their looooong division ...? Strip mining to meet increased battery demands, is completely OK when your saving the environment; so long as it doesnt happen in your backyard. Hot or cold, I always find irony especially delicious.

Growing up in the PacNW, I spent a portion of my free time around boats. Now the term "Dead in the Water" had sprouted legs, and crawled ashore.

Mankind cant ...

or wont evolve, and the insect world is laughing with glee.

Bleeding tongue in cheek,

Bill

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
parking close is minimal even with people aware I'm disabled.
Can you apply for a blue parking space? OR even a sign. I assume you have a sticker but that is useless without the actual spot.

·
1,630 Posts
It's been a beaut day here, 22deg. so got the MX5 and headed off into the countyside to find a quiet café to have some lunch.
It was all going well until my better half told me I looked like Boris the Johnson because of the way my hair was flicking around in the wind.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Can you apply for a blue parking space? OR even a sign. I assume you have a sticker but that is useless without the actual spot.
No ones even gone through the process of getting the sticker, did ask the Doc about it but nothing further was said or done and it's been over 3 years, going places if I'm not driving isn't too bad as the Old man will drop me near the entrance before parking the car which is more often than me taking myself.
I'm reluctant to have a marked space as this should not be permenant and it also stops someone using it if they just need to get close to drop something heavy, you'd have just thought people would think a bit more as this street isn't massive and people do talk to each other.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
It's been a beaut day here, 22deg. so got the MX5 and headed off into the countyside to find a quiet café to have some lunch.
It was all going well until my better half told me I looked like Boris the Johnson because of the way my hair was flicking around in the wind.
On the brightside theres still hair there, in my younger days I wore mine long and the wind used to whip it up in such a way it would get stuck in the sun roof.
I do miss going on proper drives on good days though, not a Convertible fan but a the big windows on a coupe let an alright amount of sun and air in and usually those that fanny about aren't out driving so can enjoy the pace a bit.

·
Registered
3,048 Posts
Reactions: StuBeeDoo

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Today my route got put on a diversion down roads I never knew existed until this morning. It actually has helped me learn more of the roads in the City, which I liked.
What I didn't like was a large group riding horse and traps on the pavements and through busy junctions with no thought for other road users at all. I think they hit a car due to negligence/thought.

6661 - 6680 of 6731 Posts