SlotForum banner
6701 - 6720 of 6896 Posts

·
Registered
2,910 Posts
Today received a message from the major importer (and a friend) in my city related to slot cars, he’s closing operations due to low sales, so seems it’s going to be a rough year for the hobby around here, most fellows still don’t realize it but anytime soon spares and new slot cars will begin to scarce.😐

Between the pandemia, the economic crisis (worldwide and sure the war in the far East doesn’t help), the local politics and of course the slot cars being non basic ítems, all carried us to this 😪

Im exploring new ways to get my stuff, but surely will be more expensive😒

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
I feel like hell today and it's in part my own fault, I was too lazy to go get my Mask from downstairs while I was working with the Paints that give me a headache and well this moring I've got a pounding head and back and hips are all acting up, hopefully it'll subside enough to visit a car show tomorrow.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
^ Change to a more glue-like paint brand|?

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Most are water based Acryllic so harmless to even ingest but a couple aren't, the UV one almost resembles glue in appearence yet it seems to be the most vicious one headache wise.
I'm alrightish today, had to use Amitryptiline last night so it's a bit like a hangover.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Well I made it, felt rather moist after but already had a cold sweat on before I went out, only took one photo of the BttF Delorean and watched the Merlin engine run, no slot cars ths time but did get a few diecast mini mes and a Tucker model.
Normal Grumpy service will probably continue later on when I return to the desk.

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Didn't even see the desk, I think yesterday the Chicken I ate was undercooked and mixed with my pills has given me a really upset stomach and it seems everytime I turn my TENS machine on within 10-15 mins of a cycle I need to run (well fast hobble) to the loo, I also incidently managed to set a Sticky Toffee pudding on fire with the microwave, one of very few appliances I'm actually allowed to use.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
One for Trisha?

• Haha
Reactions: Under the stairs

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
Feeling a right Grump atm, been kept awake by my stomach, intestines and bowel feeling like they were on fire and thanks to ebay hiding my listings as I've neither the funds to promote the listings (not that their values warrent it) and no new listings ready due to everything thats happened I've no sales yet again.
Talking of Ebay, something Mother had me order for my Sister thats due tomorrow still hasnt made it to the post office despite being issued a tracking number nearly a week ago.

One day I'll catch a break.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Two-for-one slot car grump. First one is about myself. I put a small decal in the wrong place on one of my current projects and now need to decide if it is worth removing and relocating. Any tips on safe removal?
The second is about this:
Motor vehicle Gas Machine Auto part Automotive exterior
Automotive tire Wood Drinkware Adhesive Cup

My Thunderslot Lola T70 Mark Donohue #7 arrived yesterday with this bent wheel. Waiting to here back from the retailer. I know quality control has been difficult since the pandemic, but was surprised at this one from a performance manufacturer.

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Had a mate who worked in quality control for a very large firm and they picked out one unit out of a thousand to do a quality check on , i expect slot car manufactures might do something similar but in a smaller scale so things like that wheel getting through are fairly likely.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
I put a small decal in the wrong place on one of my current projects and now need to decide if it is worth removing and relocating. Any tips on safe removal?
I've had success soaking with Decal Soft. Never had to put them back on, although Decal Fix might hold it in place long enough for you to get your preferred lacquer on to make it permanent.

HTH

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Talking of Ebay, something Mother had me order for my Sister thats due tomorrow still hasnt made it to the post office despite being issued a tracking number nearly a week ago.
Just had the opposite, paid for an item on Sunday and notified that it had been posted today at 10.50, half hour later postie delivered it o_O

·
Registered
1,101 Posts
It's finally reached the RDC so might see it before the weekend, by the sounds of things she could do with a real cheering up as apparently Covid did damage to her Liver, it should heal in time but the NHS still felt the need to advise my heaviley pregnant Sister that she shouldn't drink Alchahol for the next few months.
Stomachs slowly easing was able to sleep at night for a change after watching another terrible B movie (they aren't all terrible mind), hopully I'll be up to figuring out something for the ebay issues soon.

·
Registered
2,809 Posts
Our local press has plumbed new depths of poor grammar/poor reporting. :rolleyes:

"....... bus lane has given out nearly 30,000 fines" screams the headline.

The last time I checked, non-human objects aren't capable of handing out fines. I would venture to suggest that local motorists have driven on the bus lane, CCTV or ANPR camera(s) has captured the necessary evidence, and the local council have reacted to the images and mailed penalty notices to the owners of the offending vehicles.

A more correct headline would be "30,000 motorists fall foul of local bus lane restriction".

Dimwits. :mad:

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Our local press has plumbed new depths of poor grammar/poor reporting. :rolleyes:
People who correct grammar on forums are often called "grammar nazis', by those less well-versed. I wonder if there is a collective noun for people who use bad grammar

6701 - 6720 of 6896 Posts