SlotForum banner
7081 - 7100 of 7349 Posts

·
Electric model car driver
1,706 Posts
I thought these were meant to be smart phones. How smart are they if you can't send a text to someone that you don't want to add as a contact? It seems on my dumb phone I need to add the person as a contact so I can text them and then delete the contact. I hate using a phone at the best of times and then they do this to me. No wonder I'm not the worlds keenest fan of this modern technology. It's as bad as having a car that won't move 'cos it has miss-matched tyres or some other dumb problem and using a dumb computer that you've informed that you use English English and tyres shouldn't be underlined because you've not added tires to your rant. Rant over.

·
Registered
15,215 Posts
Much disquiet and dispute in the HR2 postal district recently. A scrambling event is to take place on a farm one mile away from my gaff today, and locals are agin it on the grounds of noise. "On a Sundee n'all." The young scrambling boys and girls will also be committing an offence under the 'Twits Against Others Having Fun Act, 1945.'

I asked the dissenters if they'd prefer to see these youngsters hanging around street corners dealing in class A drugs, and sitting in the local pub swilling beer from a*se to breakfast. But, alas, no reply from the selfish, innately backward 40-watters.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Living in a seaside town but on the edges we have always had gull's but this year it is like a plague , going along the esplanade there were hundreds of them and in town Mac's best customers .
Don't walk about eating ice cream they love ice cream, and fish, chicken anything with chips as they fly in groups and dive bomb you saw a chap shoo away a gull with his hand only for another to make a low pass and nick the fish.
All residents and visitors should wear hats as well here they seem to fly along past Witherspoons bank over and let go as they fly over people, they sit on all the roof's , walls and my next door neighbour is a jogger he wears orange trainers and cap and they don't like him at all he got attacked at the end of the road , , got ****ted on and pecked his arm as he defended himself.
Think he has changed his colour scheme and joggs with a panama on , i like nature but boy oh boy when you get attacked by a gull it can be very dangerous apart from the deposit it,s the drawing of blood which is most concerning.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Bath has an indigenous population of herring gulls which make life for residents a pain in the proverbial from March to September, when they go off on their holidays . . .

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
I took a Gull to the Head in Paignton once, it had seen I'd just bought a 99 with flake and divebombed wipeing out my sunglasses and hat in the process, mind you that wasn't as rough as one woman got it when one took her dog.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Our front door opens directly opposite the car-park to the rear of a classy city-centre hotel.

If only their residents could have witnessed the site of a gull necking down a rat which greeted me one morning . . .

I really can’t wait to move.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Nice, I've heard of them doing that but as yet not seen it, apparently they've gone for pidgeons too.

I've come to the realization I'm going to have to get rid of some of my Models I wanted to keep, not out of money but out of space as putting in the Fridge (a beautiful little Coca Cola one to make life a little easier at the desk) I found myself having to move things around and with the Gumball machine stuff and arcade stuff somethings got to give.
Also to my annoyance is stuff seems to go flying at random, move one thing at one end of the room and at the other something launches into the air.

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
I'm getting grumpy with the forum, since I last updated the forum webpage six treads that I am following and have alerts set have been replied to but only one was in my alerts list. This seems to be happening more and more lately, best someone gets there finger out and sorts it.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Probably won't happen sadly, this software seems to be real hit and miss with how it works.

Trisha, when you next go to make a cup, have a 'whoops' moment and spill it and as an apology suggest you go for the replacement, alone of course, and have the shop 'be out of decaf' so you had to get the good stuff instead.
I've just escaped the decaf Earl Grey bags myself, they took pity on the look of disgust as I took a sip so I've a nice big box of the proper stuff to keep me going.

·
Premium Member
2,538 Posts
Re gulls, I like them. Yes they can be pests (I live near St Ives where they are the same problem as described), but they are real characters with intelligence and WE with our filthy littering habits have made them behave like they do. Who else is going to clean up the squidged chips on the pavement etc?
We have a pair nesting on our roof and they are very well mannered. We put scraps out for them and they guard the premises against other gulls. We can leave tables of food out when bbq ing and they will not touch it. We have lifted their fallen chicks back on the roof and they know and trust us.
In town they have figured out how to work in pairs to get ice cream. One sits in front of the victim staring at him and the other flys in from behind and bashes him on the head with the flats of his feet. The shock usually results in the ice cream being knocked out of the hand to the waiting bird on the ground who then takes it a short distance where they share it. It is a learned behaviour passed down the generations. Good for them.
The solution is of course to stand by a lamp post to eat.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I understand where you’re coming from - our home has also proved sanctuary for nesting pigeons over the years (brazenly ignoring all anti-pigeon measures), while I tended to two stray gull chicks earlier this year, until they were able to leave our garden - they’re still messy neighbours, though . . .

·
Registered
4,257 Posts
It also doesn't help that for years tourist would hold a chip in an outstretched hand for the gulls to take. Having learnt how to take them when offered they now assume any chip is fair game. The same goes for all the other food they were offered like a bottom part of a cone with a bit of ice cream. Having taught them what to do it's not so easy to un-teach.

·
Registered
3,148 Posts
Maybe the gulls like ice cream because, as my mother told me, it is the only food one is allowed to eat in the street.

·
Registered
918 Posts
It also doesn't help that for years tourist would hold a chip in an outstretched hand for the gulls to take. Having learnt how to take them when offered they now assume any chip is fair game. The same goes for all the other food they were offered like a bottom part of a cone with a bit of ice cream. Having taught them what to do it's not so easy to un-teach.
Some fools around here have done the same for black bears. We, too, live in a tourist destination albeit in the mountains not the shore. And the bears are amazingly smart creatures as well. Last week the local TV news showed footage of a bear opening a car door and removing a backpack to haul back into the woods. Our neighborhood walking trail has been turned into a bear wallow by one of theses guys. Makes for interesting dog walks.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Ours hunt in packs and you see this squadron of them fly along the esplanade with a scout out in front and as a flight of Spitfires bank and dive on the enemy below who are normally unsuspecting as they seem to pick on the unweary.
Do agree about they are fascinating to watch , but only from the cafe with a window between us , also they love to open up black bags of rubbish , you used to see bags all over the place ripped out before the advent of more plastic bins, which the crows will lift the lids of so the gulls can open the bags.
That's what you call team work

7081 - 7100 of 7349 Posts