SlotForum banner
7121 - 7140 of 7340 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
They can be a blessing and a curse, when you need routes on the fly in traffic they can be a godsend but when they go Tits up they can go really Tits up, always carried my Garmin one on deliveries even when I knew the routes as it could let me know traffic data and alternate routes without stopping.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
While better today I managed to do it again although not as bad, I did however manage to put my Coke Bottle opener up before overheating so the desk areas nearly able to act as a bar now when the heat disappears again.
Tomorrow may be a Sister visit as Niece still hasn't put in an appearence, dependant on weather they feel they need him for company and comfort we may bring the Weasel back with us to save them worrying about him when the Labour does start.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
Left it till early evening to walk to the supermarket, carpark didn't seem over full but the checkouts were looking very busy with everyone filling their bags at the checkout instead of doing so at the bagging counter so was ready to get grumpy. When I had finished and when to the checkout most tills were very busy with queues but on till had no queue but the belt was very full with three guys and two trollies. It was then that I realised they were eastern European so I queued behind them flew through the till as they followed the rules and just repacked their trollies. No grumpiness today, even got a car body painted. 😁

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
My 90-something father-in-law has plenty of previous when it comes to gate-crashing..........blah blah........... I wouldn't put it past him, mother-in-law and WL's sister to rock-up at the pub. TBH, I'll be more surprised if they don't. Watch this space.
Well, whaddyaknow......... Just as we were about to start eating, we spied s-i-l walking through the bar. She didn't see us, fortunately. My guess is that she was sent-in to find us but didn't look hard enough. I'm expecting a 'phone call later this morning, something along the lines of "We didn't see you......."

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
We are back from holiday so we are gloomy. Walked into the caravan site office with a knife in my hand. I explained to the young chap behind the counter that the knife has a broken handle which wasn't safe and they should have checked the caravan before we got the keys. Sadly we had to come home as our week was up. Why do holidays go so quick and work drags? 😫

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Stu, If you won the lottery I'd have Body doubles in different places for my amusment, just to confuse the daylights out of them and provide a distraction to make an exit.

Matthew, I got you beat on that, I wondered in with a Cuboard door that came off in my hand on one occasion, site had bought a load of ex Haven vans and they weren't quite as together as they'd hoped.

This heat is getting ridiculous now as I'm pretty sure it's it thats making me feel ill, most of the night I was soaking everything through, my dear little fridge did its best to cool drinks for a reprieve but within minutes of opening the drink was hot, some might be able to tolerate it and perhaps even enjoy it but me I think needs a colder climate.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
It happens, with the heat stuffs probably playing up something rotten.

You just reminded me of another incident from when I was about 8, walked into the Caravan site office with a black eye.
Basically we'd been handed one of the Vans that was a bit nicer so had House like fittings including thick wooden curtain poles above the beds to hide the fixings for the top bunk, well one above my bed came loose in the night and swung down cracking me in the face, was bloody fortunate it was Halloween as we were visiting Blackpool for the illuminations so the injury blended in.

·
Registered
2,898 Posts
............ I'm expecting a 'phone call later this morning, something along the lines of "We didn't see you......."
Sure enough, Wor Lass got a call.......... ".........did you go to the Black Horse?"
"Yes, we did."
"We didn't see you, where were you sitting?"
:mad: :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
More heat Grumps, visited my Sister with a belated Birthday cake (for me but for others to eat etc) and as the House is packed up we ended up on the Roof garden thing.
I tried my best to sit under the Canopy but I still got my arm charred, my Wallet and phone so hot I had to remove them from my pocket and my clothes were drenched by time I left to the point I virtually had to strip in the Kitchen when I got home before making a beeline for the shower, this heats going to kill me at this rate.

·
Registered
15,205 Posts
Feeling fatigued in the hot weather? You can easily cool off by sleeping all night on a beach, and waking up to the tide lapping in and out of your Y-fronts.

Becoming overwhelmed by the Atlantic wasn't among one of my better ideas 3,000 years ago...
Water Sky Wood Beach Horizon

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Yish, much the same here Lawrence. Fall in July here in the Pac NW. Light fog August mornings?

Our Gravenstien apple (a good bearer) shucked it's leaves hard in mid June, despite a regular hose drip. Fruit set was negligible, very few apples, still looking for a pear, what plums there may be are late ... worst year since the millennium by my measure.

No delicious windfalls for the deer, they wiped out my squash this year.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Different kind of Caravan Trisha, these are the big static ones that go on trucks that often have mod cons in them, mine had highlights such as a 14" Colour television, a small gas oven and reasonable Bathroom, long gone of course replaced with a small house with the occasional rental of a Chalet for extra space.
Not knocking those old 40s Towables though, looked in a few at motor museums and they could put even some of the decent Static to shame with their furnishings.

·
Registered
4,251 Posts
My first caravan experience was with a second/third/fourth hand 12' Sprite. In many was the Sprite was probable mor basic then the caravan shown above. I bought a old Hillman Avenger estate as a stopgap car that came fitted with a tow bar and all the electrics and when I checked the rear suspension it also had the rubber doughnut fitted. We looked at hiring a caravan but the hire place also sold second hand caravans and I bought the cheap Sprite. It came with just a gas oven, hob and fridge and a wash basin and four small 12V lights which needed a separate car battery to power them. By the time I was finished it had full mains electric with battery backup, the fridge was gas/battery/mains and was powered by the car when travelling, heating for those cold night, TV and radio. The only thing I couldn't install was a shower and that was due to the old design of the caravan. We only gave up because the cost of site fees was increasing every year and the cost of storage, most local bylaws prevent long term home parking, didn't help and in the end we could book a newspaper holiday camp deal for under half the cost of using the caravan.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
The Statics aren't much better when its cold either tbh, mine just had an electric wall heater in the master bedroom and a gas fire in the Living room, they not being intended to move much just use mains supply and either a Gas main or bottle for the Gas.
I might tolerate a camper/RV but don't think I could stick a towing Caravan, pain in the backside to go anywhere for little reward unless you've got a very large one, makes me somewhat glad there seems to be less on the road now.

7121 - 7140 of 7340 Posts