SlotForum banner
7141 - 7160 of 7372 Posts

·
Registered
4,268 Posts
I think I would get grumpy with a RV or camper van. Having to pack everything away every morning before going anywhere and then when you get there no guarantee that the van will even get in any of the carparks. At least with a towing van you just take the towing vehicle then you go site seeing, you can even leave the breakfast washing up till you get back.

The static vans we had for the last two years we stayed in them, 2017 & 18, had central heating in the lounge and main bedroom.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I think I would get grumpy with a RV or camper van. Having to pack everything away every morning before going anywhere and then when you get there no guarantee that the van will even get in any of the carparks. At least with a towing van you just take the towing vehicle then you go site seeing, you can even leave the breakfast washing up till you get back.

The static vans we had for the last two years we stayed in them, 2017 & 18, had central heating in the lounge and main bedroom.
Depends on your van tbh, it's definately easier length wise so as long as you don't have a height limit you're alright (I'm used to findng Van spots) as to packing away depends on your kit too, modern ones atleast are set up in a way that most interior stuff is fine to just drive off as is (you can't leave chairs and awnings out these days anyway), just stick to cups that go in holders and clean up after eating and theres no worries, My mess gear actually stashes in such a way I can strap it to my belt once cool.
Other way could be tow a Car or Bike, something I considered for distant events if my back isn't fixed enough to camp in the car as a proper bed is currently a must for me, still I dream of a big old Volvo estate kitted out bug out style.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
After the hottest weather on record, hosepipe bans, and unprecedented use of deodorant, we can now look forward to storms and flooding. Water skiing, therefore. Every cloud... View attachment 315224
None as yet but I'm sure I could repurpose an old air matress for a spot of rafting, failing that liberate a dinghy from the Boating lake for a spot of piracy

·
Registered
15,287 Posts
A time for great celebration and rejoicing for ' tis high summer in Britain. Despite all, the landscape readily provides inspiration for great poetic odes, sonnets and even epics. A heady bouquet from begonias, roses and ripening tomatoes drifts above newly-turned hay, and there is the distant sound of young people dancing gaily to their version of music.

Sensible folk are sitting outside enjoying the night air and maybe, if they've got sense, slipping down a few glasses of chilled white burgundy.

By contrast, I've spent another evening breathing in the all-pervading stench of cow s**t, and I've 'ad enough of it. Perhaps if I give up beef it'll go away. But I doubt it.
Plant Flower Leaf Petal Botany
Plant Winter squash Food Squash Vegetable
Sky Ecoregion Working animal Mammal Dairy cow

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
But it's great for the Begonias and the Roses don'tcha know, been spreading it all over here possibly to mask the smell of the population.

Further on with the Phone Saga it just drained its battery and then superheated itself while charging dispite being in a flow of cool air, I think it knows the coffers are empty and wants to give me grief.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Annd Dowwwn came theee Raiiin, but I'm happy again as we need it and because it's been so hot and dry the smell rising is glorious, phone is still playing up but atleast my bowlarks are a little less swampy today.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Fingers crossed you get it soon, its not heavy rain here but I'll take it over being scorched anyday.

Ebay tracking is making me grumpy as theres 1 thing coming that won't fit the letterbox and I'm wanting to make sure I'm around to receive it as I've got to collect the P*ssweasel from my Sister before they induce Labour this Saturday, stubborn little bugger doesn't want to come out even though she's allowed to come Race Slot cars at her Uncles house, must not like Porsches or McLarens.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Rained overnight here, the gardens happy, over to Don Amott this afternoon to sign the paperwork for the new, well two years old motorhome,SWMBO is happy, Revoslotting tonight at N Staffs, get to try the yellow Alfa for the first time and I'll be racing the GT one so I'm very happy.
Only grump is the rapidly approaching hikes in gas and electric costs, a totally unknown quantity over the winter and possible blackouts, good job wife loves candles.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I just keep getting short showers, not the storm I was promised and the charged air is driving me loopy, heads pounding and Dog won't settle.
Met said first last night, then this afternoon and well it's evening and still nothing.

Also my grumpyness is fed by the death of another Forum that had lasted nearly 20 years, very popular with a strong community but despite being mega active to the last second it wasn't current enough for the company running it.
They may have just seriously damaged their readership to its related magazine given the general feelings felt.

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Just read the latest HS Useless gaff that the 8 loody taxpayer will pick up the tab for, one of these green tunnels, concrete sections in a cutting then covered with soil,grass,wildlife etc,has been found to have structural issues when the hoops have nearly all been installed.
Might have to come down the report says and start again.
This useless white elephant has no final cost, no opening date and no prediction of costs to ride on the damn thing, it's eating concrete like there's no tomorrow, the promised link to the east is scrapped, a stupid new station in Manchester means train reversal, just when you think it can't get any worse it does.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I'm waitng for them to muck about with mine, they've already made the Bus station worse to appeal to commuters as somehow losing a chunk of long distance buses is an improvement and designed all these commuter flats that make a Rabbit hutch look spacious while the rest of us suffer often having to share family homes well into adulthood to just afford to eat.
A load of the things they have built so far have either cracked and been evaquated atleast once or still remain empty.

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
The woke brigade where I work have decided it's now company policy that all drivers have to wear a "personal safety alarm" while going about the job. :eek: If you won't wear the alarm, you can't go out on your shift.

What a load of rubbish, which must have cost a small fortune. :rolleyes:

We all knew what we were signing-up for when we took the job on. If one of us gets attacked, by the time the pollis arrive, the attacker will be long-gone.

Oh, and the staff noticeboard is covered with pictures of all the various LGBTQ+ flags, with the origin/history/meaning of each one. And I need to know this to be able to do my job because...........................??

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Why do they need an alarm, the Vans a CCTV fest and you've got a bloody big stick in the form of the tote pole, average driver isn't dinky either as you need decent strength to do the job otherwise you won't last.
Police won't do bugger all anyway, they'd just hand you a crime number and say take it to the companies insurance in terms of injury pay out, theft recovery etc.

7141 - 7160 of 7372 Posts