SlotForum banner
741 - 760 of 789 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Annd Dowwwn came theee Raiiin, but I'm happy again as we need it and because it's been so hot and dry the smell rising is glorious, phone is still playing up but atleast my bowlarks are a little less swampy today.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Fingers crossed you get it soon, its not heavy rain here but I'll take it over being scorched anyday.

Ebay tracking is making me grumpy as theres 1 thing coming that won't fit the letterbox and I'm wanting to make sure I'm around to receive it as I've got to collect the P*ssweasel from my Sister before they induce Labour this Saturday, stubborn little bugger doesn't want to come out even though she's allowed to come Race Slot cars at her Uncles house, must not like Porsches or McLarens.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I just keep getting short showers, not the storm I was promised and the charged air is driving me loopy, heads pounding and Dog won't settle.
Met said first last night, then this afternoon and well it's evening and still nothing.

Also my grumpyness is fed by the death of another Forum that had lasted nearly 20 years, very popular with a strong community but despite being mega active to the last second it wasn't current enough for the company running it.
They may have just seriously damaged their readership to its related magazine given the general feelings felt.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I'm waitng for them to muck about with mine, they've already made the Bus station worse to appeal to commuters as somehow losing a chunk of long distance buses is an improvement and designed all these commuter flats that make a Rabbit hutch look spacious while the rest of us suffer often having to share family homes well into adulthood to just afford to eat.
A load of the things they have built so far have either cracked and been evaquated atleast once or still remain empty.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Why do they need an alarm, the Vans a CCTV fest and you've got a bloody big stick in the form of the tote pole, average driver isn't dinky either as you need decent strength to do the job otherwise you won't last.
Police won't do bugger all anyway, they'd just hand you a crime number and say take it to the companies insurance in terms of injury pay out, theft recovery etc.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Yes they were and it wasn't a pretty split, they couldn't agree on the fees for using it from a selling point of view so they made their own set up, at the moment it's still possible to pay with it but even that may stop in the future.
Work around for it is just set up a basic bank account just for ebay use, that way if goes tits up it can be ditched without issues, selling wise as said on the other thread, theres plenty to choose from but each has their pitfalls, most sites (gumtree,etsy etc) are like your old paper ads (aka Loot etc) so any problems you have to deal with them yourself entirely.

I did suggest some of the BMW parts groups on FB, wheels are a popular thing that gets chopped and changed between the models so you'll probably get the most luck there.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
It's definately worth it, just make sure you list the offsets and widths if you know them, that way they can check for themselves if it'll fit beneath the arches as while the hubs are usually all the same arches are wider on some than others (Ms for example usually wear a staggered set up with wider rears than their non M counterparts so can often require arch rolling to fit).
I just wish they made the Style 32s in CSL fitament, they would've been perfect for the type of look I want on my car but sadly no dice, dont really want smaller or larger than 19s as thats the sweet spot for the 46 and anything too skinny wont fill that arch so I'll just have to stick with the Cades for now.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Ahhhh Motor Cars.

Just been given the news by the Old Man who'd taken the Car this morning despite a planned shop, it's gone back to its only burping and farting refusing to rev and lacking power and no we aren't talking the 20 year old M car that this would be expected of (she's still in storage) but the supposedly modern and reliable 5 year old Kuga.
It's royally buggered things up as we're supposed to be visiting my new Niece tomorrow who had been a bit of a little git (takes after her dear Uncle) and refused to get out of her Mother and then load stuff up on the weekend to move from that house to their new one.

I'm going back to bed.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Of course and that you've just been paid either, still remember the Year I'd booked my Birthday off, had got all ready to go on a bit of a driving tour, see Beaulieu etc, only for the [email protected] thing to kill all 4 shocks at once and typically it was a week wait to sort it so no trip, just a week sat waiting to be £1200 out of pocket.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I ended-up putting them on Gumtree and Pistonheads this morning. I was going to ask step-d to put them on FBMP on my behalf, but before I got a chance to talk to her I had a sale agreed on Gumtree within 8hrs of the ad. going live. ............For 50% more than I was prepared let them go for :D recouping my out-lay on the replacement set, plus about a third.
Good result then as long as alls smooth in terms of pick up etc, OEM BMW wheels always seem to sell well as they often fit so much.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
BMW perhaps? Caveat emptor.

Should have stuck with that Metro.
T'was yes, probably didn't help I just said bugger it and picked a Bilstien kit but then with M's the OEM option is rarely that different in price.

Never owned a Metro though, worked on the odd engine from one but have never driven one either, the Civic on the otherhand I never had to do anything suspension wise to it (although it could probably have done with some beefy ARBs to combat its near comical body roll) and thats with it being Airborne on more than one occasion and being overloaded to the point it bottomed out.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
As I had 3 sets of wheels and only 2 sets of tyres, I sold them as bare wheels. It was the right thing to do - my car is an F25 and the buyer's car is an F30. Same size wheels, but completely the wrong tyre profile. If I left the tyres on I doubt he would have been interested.
Shouldn't really use worn tyres even if its an exact match anyway so it is definately better to remove them, only reason I didn't with the last set I sold was that they were not really worth much so wasn't worth the extra hassle, just tarted up the black (they the f**king awful Matte Black CSL but not quite things) and cleaned them up and the Guy that brought them didn't even check they would fit his car so had to sell them on again.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
A run-of-the-mill BMW wouldn't be so bad. His is an M3 IIRC. Comes with "///M tax".
I wish that was a joke thing but its really not, proof in the pudding being the teeny little M badge on the gill, probably costs pence to make, when I last run that through the Dealer parts system that was £40, for a sticker with an M on it.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I'd tolerate them for Yard rollers but thats it, not worth the saftey risk and if anyone else is wondering what I mean, every car wears down tyres differently, even the exact same models and you only need something to be ever so slightly off at Motorway speeds to lose grip and potentially crash badly.

Tyres, brakes and suspension are all parts you should never cheap on, if you want to cheap on other stuff, fine thats your choice, but those 3 areas are all thats between you and the road and a failure of them can be deadly so don't risk it.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Hmmm. It was always thus. I survived the era when it was normal to drive at 100 mph on a three lane road (I.e.suicide central lane) on cross ply tyres with crappy drum brakes and bench seats with no seat belts. Modern technology gives a massive safety margin in comparison. I will take my chances with tyres which have a smidgin more wear on one side than the other. I guess it's a judgement call really.
Thing is back then there was a lot less to contend with, people paid attention more and generally even though those things were crap, Cars in general were better cared for as they were more seen as a Luxury than the commodity they are seen as today.
Tyres do actually typically wear more on one side thanks to stuff like roundabouts, the key is it needs to wear in the correct way to stop it failing prematurely, a modern saftey laden Car may be great but only so if it's looked after and if you fail at the tyres theres nothing else between you and the road.

I'm not saying however that everyone must have the Latest Pilotsports or what ever the best most expensive tyre is ranked but a good decent tyre is paramount, check it's ratings against the places and weather you typically drive in and never just go for it because it's the cheapest option, on the road it's not just your saftey at stake but those around you also.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
It never ceases to amaze me that there are more brands of cheap "ditchfinder" tyres than there are quality brands. :eek:

My car wears Michelin tyres, Ferodo brake discs and pads, and is still on the factory-fitted brake and suspension hardware.
Its currently wearing Eagle F1s but they might want changing when she comes out of storage, Discs are OEM which were Bosch if I remember right (no point actually going aftermarket with these as they are the best option unless you go for bigger brakes) and Brembo pads.

Reason for the Ditchfinder number is chinese makers have got in on the act, it suddenly became viable to sell them worldwide so they did and naturally like with most things each factories got about four or five names to give the illusion of choice when it's the same product.
Fortunately if you go through a repuatable supplier you can see the ratings and avoid them like the plague.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Sometimes that can happen but considering what a good set of tyres can save you perhaps you could say they were always the cheapest even if they cost a lot to begin with.

I did used to get that a lot come to think of it, a set of Toyo Proxes T1Rs were always alot cheaper than the local Tyre places budget ditchfinders if I ordered them myself and just had fitting done when I still had the Civic, still do similar with the M but you only fit ditchfinders to that if you have a deathwish.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Not a Grump but a real spot of happiness, I got to meet my Niece today.

I finally get why people have kids as she is such a lovely little thing, barely fretted once except when she was hungry and she could probably out fart me despite being less than a week old.
She even gripped onto my finger which made me melt, I will probably spoil her rotten as she grows up and I will try and get her playing with slot cars although me an BiL will probably take over the track lol.

Have a Good Bank Holiday weekend Grumpies

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
I would rather like to go on Holiday if anything to get away from the P*ssweasel whos spent most of the Day standing and barking in the Hallway for absolutely no reason other than maybe his little senile brain has snapped.

741 - 760 of 789 Posts