SlotForum banner
7881 - 7900 of 7961 Posts

· Registered
3,176 Posts
Am I the only person in the developed world who thinks images of ultrasound images of human embryos all look the same? You've seen one, you've seen them all - right.......?
So why is it that once an expectant mother has had her 13-week scan, the whole world and his dog are expected to coo over the images thrust under their noses when the mother gets her copy out of her handbag and the father gets his out of his wallet - when they're both in the same room at the same time?
Sorry, not interested. :rolleyes: You've announced the expected date of the "happy event" (your terminology, not mine....), and between now and then, mother's condition will become obvious for all to see. Once said event has happened, I might start to take slightly more interest.

BTW, did I mention, here, that when asked how I want to be addressed by the resultant small person my reply was "Grumpy"?

· Registered
2,842 Posts
Mum insisted I used a Parker 45 when I went to senior school, I'd really rather have used my red Man from Uncle pen, Platinum was the brand I think.
Oooh, a Parker! They were considered the ultimate pen in my schooldays. Down at the bottom end we used Osmiroids as they had italic nibs, which was all the rage at the time.

· Administrator
10,860 Posts

· Registered
367 Posts
Oooh, a Parker! They were considered the ultimate pen in my schooldays. Down at the bottom end we used Osmiroids as they had italic nibs, which was all the rage at the time.
I had several Osmiroids once a long time ago.

Sitting on a plump cushion helped but they soon cleared up after changing my diet and the application of some prescribed cream!!

· Registered
17,272 Posts
In despair I gave up. Handed the electric telephone over to Mrs Grumpy because, despite my domicile in 'Airrrferrrdsheerre, she has greater expertise in translating idiotspeak into English.

"Woshizz year knee-amm, asked the voice on the end of the line, through what sounded like a bucket of Daz-soaked water?"

This was what should have been a brief conversation with officialdom this very p.m. As a result I'm going to take up Penguin for beginners and move to an icy place near the Falkland Islands. Life would be easier.

· Registered
367 Posts
Here's a pen I've used every day for too many years. It's even quite useful for scratching itches. View attachment 333764
A superb piece of equipment Laurence. I especially like their look.

Although I don't keep these inked all the time, they do get used in rotation.
One thing though and my only gripe, they certainly don't make them like they used to and I much prefer to use the older models to the newer.

Cosmetics Office supplies Tool Rectangle Tints and shades

Pen Writing implement Office supplies Ball pen Material property

· Registered
367 Posts
In despair I gave up. Handed the electric telephone over to Mrs Grumpy because, despite my domicile in 'Airrrferrrdsheerre, she has greater expertise in translating idiotspeak into English.

"Woshizz year knee-amm, asked the voice on the end of the line, through what sounded like a bucket of Daz-soaked water?"

This was what should have been a brief conversation with officialdom this very p.m. As a result I'm going to take up Penguin for beginners and move to an icy place near the Falkland Islands. Life would be easier.
You do realize you could have just been speaking with Mr Crocodile shoes himself, none other than Mr Jimmy Nail. At least thats who it sounded like after reading aloud your typed interpretation of what was said!

· Registered
3,176 Posts
Honestly.... With every passing day, I feel the world has left me behind. My absolute favourite time was the late '70s/early '80s. I enjoyed living then. 😀
Fast-forward to 2023, and I'm existing in a world that try-as-I-might I just can't relate to. I've been left behind. 😟

7881 - 7900 of 7961 Posts