SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 8072 Posts

· Registered
3,311 Posts
Good grief, not getting up until 9am
yikes.gif

Sometimes I don't get out of bed until 10am. Sometimes even [email protected]! Then again, I sometimes get up at 6am or 6.30. Does that make me an early riser or a lazy git? I'm only 69 but, as I'm retired, the clock is less of a worrywart than it used to be.

Other people of course can do what they like, when they like. Can't say it bothers me much and I am not one to register any disapproval should such a thing arise. Proper stiff upper lip Englishman me, even if I do live in France.

I feel a fraud posting in this thread. Obviously not a proper grump.
Don't worry. If you get up at 10.30 it's only 9.30 in Oxford.

· Registered
3,311 Posts
Not if you live in West Oxfordshire. The District Council here does NOT CHARGE for car parking on Council run property ANYWHERE in this district, something that I am proud of as WODC District Councillor
cool.png
I don't think they charge in Thame. The problem though is that the first hour principle is screwed because the lots are probably full of cars of people who work in the town so visitors or shoppers don't get a look in.

Going to Oxford? The "Park & Ride" is free for the first hour which is a joke but up to 11 hours is only 2 quid.

· Registered
3,311 Posts
Don't you ask them. "Where do I sign"

· Registered
3,311 Posts
^ and you won't get anywhere in life with a small signature.

· Registered
3,311 Posts
Modern drivers don't seem to PASS on multi-lane roads they as you say just dawdle by, usually I believe, with cruise control set to 1-5kph faster than the traffic is moving. They don't pull out accelerate by and slow back down.

Why? Who knows. Here is OK as we can pass on either side so...

Alan, one can put ones foot down to go by without cancelling the control settings?

· Registered
3,311 Posts
Ah. You guys out west always whinging? Last time I was there the M40 in the civilized bit was fine.

Hold ups on the M5? Has a latter-day Galloping Dick Ferguson emerged to operate in your part of the world?

· Registered
3,311 Posts
I'd like to have a Grump.

Jason B. Why does everything have to be a competition with a winner. Why does a thread have to become a populist media circus? The whole point of being a Grump is that we don't belive in and indulge in such populist nonsense.

We were all quite happy Grumping away but now new grumps have to feel there input is being vetted for quality. This will turn a quite nice and amusing thread into one filled with bollocks as wannabe Grumps fabricate elaborate stories to impress.

Rather than being a contest why not simply leave it as is and remove your post.

I note Jason B that you post on here suggesting some kind of points system or the like but yet you do not self-identify as a being a Grump. I also notice that the Grump icon has gone missing from us self confessed Grumps ID. panels. Perhaps you could use your influence and get that re-instated. What is the point being a Grump if we can't be identified as one.

· Registered
3,311 Posts

· Registered
3,311 Posts
Here is a grumpy old gardener

7908808258_cca3aca53a_b.jpg

s-l225.jpg

· Registered
3,311 Posts
Yes, we get the same thing, but find that the time spent weeding is offset by the time saved not mowing. Plus a field full of meadow buttercups is a lovely thing.

Each to their own though.
Jason. You need a sheep? Or borrow a couple?

· Registered
3,311 Posts
My brother has 2.5 acres on one side of his garden, one side of which he has a Ha-Ha. Not a meadow though as it is used as a general field. Grazing and hay production. He is always talking about a sheep for his lawn.

· Registered
3,311 Posts
I've got four outstanding slot car projects all in various stages of incompleteness and I don't know which one to complete first. Maybe I'll just buy another car?

· Registered
3,311 Posts
We've had all the "known" brands - Lexmark, HP, Canon, Epson, etc, etc. I'm at my wits-end.
being idle for any period of time seems to kill them at a regular pace
Firstly one needs a CISS continuous ink supply system so one doesn't need to keep buying cartridges. Brother printers are the easiest to convert as the ink tanks fit on the outside where the ink "cartridges" normally sit.

brother-dcp-j100-inkbenefit-printer-with

Leave the machine OFF when not in use and print something every other day. Under "Ink Management" there is a "Test Print " or Print Test" option.

Download a printer test page and print it every so often.

· Registered
3,311 Posts
Where does clever fit in?

· Registered
3,311 Posts
I..f I were destined to be ill and could choose where, my first choice would be the USA - my second? - Australia

EM
Well you missed good one?

As a second or first choice? Go on holiday to NZ. Accidental injuries there are free for tourists.

As an aside my parents are 92 and 86 receptively. I've never heard them complain about the service from the NHS. My father was on a six month replacement hip list but decided he may not live another six months so he got the same surgeon to do it privately. That was a few years ago,

· Registered
3,311 Posts
The UK departure tax is about half the cost of a purchased ticket!
Does it make any difference what airport they go to? Gatwick? Stanstead? But then i guess there is a bus?

· Registered
3,311 Posts
"I'll transfer you , it will be quicker"!!!!! that was 20 minutes ago,,,,im still listening to ruddy Vivaldi!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
It is lunchtime in India?

· Registered
3,311 Posts
Question is do you call the RSPCA or the Dept. of Agriculture.
innocent.gif

question.gif
Pets are pets but there might be a local bylaw against keeping livestock within the town boundaries?

If work has Wifi.for about 49 quid at Argos astound your workmates by donation an internet radio. Many rock stations even a good one from UAE ! Or one from Singapore

http://streaming.onefm.sg/ or

· Registered
3,311 Posts
I think it is all down to boom and bust. The price went up so everyone started planting. Oversupply and the price went down so growers shifted to other crops then an "accident: and now the price is high.

Add to that of course that for the greedy speculators there is no money in stability.

41 - 60 of 8072 Posts