SlotForum banner
41 - 60 of 743 Posts

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
You'd need a Massive track Trisha, its 1/8th scale so a bit bigger than your average Hobby R/C but not quite kiddy ride on (that would be amazing to convert as it'd could be used like a fairground ride)

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Admitidly I do like flavouring my coffee, not so much it doesn't taste like Coffee but so it tastes like a hint of something with it, they did do ameretto pods for my machine (yes I am a Heathen) not that long ago that were quite nice, again tatsted like a hint rather than just Amerreto and no sickly sweetness.
My only advice though is do not buy Sugar free syrups, they are sickly and then make the Coffee too bitter (at least for my taste buds).

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Try a splash of Vanilla (Monin or Tate & Lyle are best) in a Dolce Gusto Latte it's pretty much like a French Vanilla Coffee, I did get a Gingerbread one a while back in Morrisons that goes down well this time of year, especially in a Hot Chocolate.

This morning (or evening to me as sleepings playing me up again) I'm not drinking Coffee at all but a pint of PG tips with a splash of milk and 3 sugars.

This also reminded me of Coffee infused energy drinks, seriously do not try them unless you like it tasting like the milks gone off.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
McRae was one of my heros growing up, my fav car of his though wasn't his big winner Scooby but the '99 Martini Focus based more on looks than its performance.

Modern F1 I can't acctually watch as its too boring for my attention span (I'm a Special boy) and where I'm from you'd think it would be singing it's praises but acctually a certain drivers name is mud to the point you wouldn't know it was his hometown.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
At least you didn't knock the tin full of hot motorbike chain grease off the cooker and onto the kitchen floor. No way I could clean that up before SWMBO came home. But that was a while ago and two SWMBO's ago.
Back in my youth I managed to cover myself in hot oil from a Modeo ST24 that hadn't been changed in years and then on another day stacked it dumping old filters out coating myself and my bike that was stood next to the disposal bin, the ride home sucked and the brakes may aswell have been removed for all the stopping power they had.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I've not been asked to sort any club events so far which includes Gaydon but for the BMW show so out looks not good, the local stuff however is still showing as going ahead.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Sounds like how a few of my Neighbours park, Car barely moved before it was stored yet still gained an extra scuff that I'm pretty sure was the pratt across the road misjudging the angle leaving a bay space.

Road rage generally I only saw when I was working delivery, assuming I wasn't a threat despite usually carrying a metal pole for pulling crates out and still being twice their size.

Tablets I stay away from, they are really just big phones at heart and the build quality just isnt there due to planned obselecene whereas a Laptop can be patched up easy enough and pack power to be future proof.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Why do sellers on ebay doing a 'buy it now' add a 'best offer' and then refuse offers. I've had a few now refuse offer of 90% or more and even over 95%.
It's a glitch with Buy it now listings, it's been forcing people to add a Best offer button despite not wanting offers otherwise it will charge an increased fee to remove, most rather than attempt to deal with Ebays customer support just let it be and just refuse the offers or set them to auto refuse.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Tablets get Windows 10 free. There are larger ones with optional keyboards which makes them almost laptops. He said typing on an Onda O Book.
So technically can PCs in some respects, Tablets however will suffer unless it's something thats optimised to run it (Windows 8 was oddly the otherway round, which is why my then GFs PC nearly went out the window and my powerful at the time phone acctually outlasted her).
I do have an iPad 2 which I have a keyboard for somewhere and had an Android with one packed in, My Mums acctually got a Win 10 one, but unless the things the size of a Laptop nearly those keyboards are too cramped for my hands.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Trisha, younger me would've been in heaven on that, alright my old Steeds will have been better equipt but I'd have the Bike sliding like a Speedway bike as much as I could.
Sadly barely got a sprinkle of snow here.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I would have done as a teen which would probably explain somewhat the state of me today but yeah that's going to have no real grip whatsoever, you really need a wide deeper treaded tyre, perhaps not to the extremes of my Bikes 3" DH tyres though.

Snowing more now here so may go for a hobble later if the stick will grip.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
My bike is technically classed as a tourer, which basically means it's a road/racer but takes wider 700x32 wheels, a carrier and three front sprockets instead of two. Came with those universal tyres with the knobbly edges which I soon removed as I found the my average riding speed was about 3 MPH slower than on my old bike, but I did refit them for the winter months for extra grip. Now running on Michelin Sport tyres that are only factionly slower than the 700x19 on my old bike, which I can't get anymore, that are based on motorcycle technology and have a triangular profile so although the bike has wider wheels I'm riding still on a very narrow contact patch. They are great tyres on tarmac and concrete, even when it's chucking it down, but get on some wet grass or mud and the rear wheels just starts slipping with no grip and in no time I will come to a complete stand still. For this reason I have never tried them in the snow and have no intention of doing so.
My Current and Longest serving is a bit of an odd one as its frame is a Down Hill design but was sold as a Crosscountry Mountain Bike which it isn't the best at due to weight and crank power loss due to it's suspension, being 2005 its before sizes larger than 26" were the norm for MTB Wheels but I still managed alright, I think the current tyres are light dirt but it's been a while since I've seen it which was annoying as it had had a fair bit spent refitting upgrading it (Better forks, Hydralic disc brakes, new gear set and luggage racks for courier jobs).

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
It's not so much IT as it usually being a case of too many cooks to some extent, I used to look after the IT Infrastructure of a retailer in one of my old jobs and you'll get several companies, not just teams working on one type of problem (unlike the old days where it would be just one) and the communication breaks down.

Basically you'll have a service desk, they may do basic diagnosis based on the call but literally the only job they do in this case is take the calls, they then create a Job ticket in whatever system they use which goes to the engineer which quite often is a different company (in short it's the cheapest method) and they then arrange a slot, they should be filling out a job sheet which knowing several engineers doesn't get done until hours later which is where he's probably cocked up as was usually the case with my lot (the systems aren't as often to blame as people will make out).

It will probably have to now be triaged again as the stuff will be lost, formally complain and make them send out an emergancy engineer at no cost to you, its going to still take time but it'll be quicker than waiting for them to track the old guy down as he'll probably have lost the stuff anyway.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
So I'm not the only one whos had explosions lol, it's usually always the 3rd party Hot chocolate ones that do it to me to the point I don't usually let people put them in the machine anymore.

I'm pretty sure it's these guys, https://espressopedia.co.uk/, it's been a while since I last used them but I don't remember any of their pods going bang, these days I usually just get the official ones or Starbucks/Costa ones cheap so don't really warrent having them delivered.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
I'm forever getting stuff like that, Christmas just gone I was given a book on Fart Meditation, it may clear the mind occasionally but it's usually just the bowels and the room so it'll be on ebay after a month or so when people have forgotten what gifts were given.
More Ebay Grumbling as a Bid Cancellation rolled in, the individual in question had been increasing their bid in small increments for hours to the amount they cancelled the lot on but apparently thats entering the wrong amount, something you would've been shown and asked to confirm atleast twice.

41 - 60 of 743 Posts