SlotForum banner
861 - 880 of 7145 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,082 Posts
Do the idiots on the other end of the phone relealise how moronic they are when they ask ............. "and how are you spelling your name?"

What is wrong with ..... "Can you spell your name please?" or "How is your name spelt" ....
grump.gif
grump.gif
grump.gif
censored.gif
censored.gif
grump.gif
censored.gif
censored.gif
grump.gif
grump.gif
grump.gif

Reactions: StuBeeDoo

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
"This phone conversation may be recorded in order to help improve customer service...."

How come its always getting worse then!

Reactions: StuBeeDoo

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Today I'm grumpy about food and drink flavourings.

Why the hell does anyone want something to taste like something it's not??
wacko.png

Yesterday evening, step-daughter (yes I'm sorry, but this is yet another step-d related grump) made our evening meal. A beautiful-looking piece of salmon fillet, but it was so over-seasoned it's unbelievable.
grump.gif
Honestly, I find salmon is really tasty - but this one didn't taste of salmon at all, just all the stuff it was cooked in. In fact, I didn't eat it all - and I'm a salmon lover! When I queried it, step-d assured me that she had followed the recipe to the letter.

Flavoured coffee......... Step-d has 10 - I counted them - different flavouring syrups for coffee. I've lost count of the times she's said;- "I fancy a coffee, but I don't know which flavour to have.". Really? Why not try coffee flavour? .........."I don't like it."
ermm.gif

Chilli chocolate......... You cannot be serious!
yikes.gif

When did natural tastes fall out of fashion?
sad.png

Reactions: gus3049

·
Gordon Steadman
6,995 Posts
Today I'm grumpy about food and drink flavourings.

Why the hell does anyone want something to taste like something it's not??
wacko.png

Yesterday evening, step-daughter (yes I'm sorry, but this is yet another step-d related grump) made our evening meal. A beautiful-looking piece of salmon fillet, but it was so over-seasoned it's unbelievable.
grump.gif
Honestly, I find salmon is really tasty - but this one didn't taste of salmon at all, just all the stuff it was cooked in. In fact, I didn't eat it all - and I'm a salmon lover! When I queried it, step-d assured me that she had followed the recipe to the letter.

Flavoured coffee......... Step-d has 10 - I counted them - different flavouring syrups for coffee. I've lost count of the times she's said;- "I fancy a coffee, but I don't know which flavour to have.". Really? Why not try coffee flavour? "I don't like it."
ermm.gif

Chilli chocolate......... You cannot be serious!
yikes.gif

When did natural tastes fall out of fashion?
sad.png
The mind definitely boggles. Where did you find this one?

I seem to recall it was on Have I got news for you that the expression 'the world has gone mad' was doing the rounds.

I know old gits always complain about the next gen but some examples of this one seems sub human.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Where did you find this one?
What? The step-daughter? Her mother found me. I have to say that had I known 18 years ago that step-d would still be living with us at the age of 31 I would have walked-away. To be fair, though, she never sets-out to cause trouble............

Not being a parent myself I didn't realise the compromises step-parenting entailed. Wor Lass has always been quite honest that had I been a parent she wouldn't have got involved because she wouldn't be able to handle someone else's offspring.

·
Gordon Steadman
6,995 Posts
Indeed. I haven't (no doubt the world thanks me) produced any offspring myself but I did take on a couple of boys at ages 11 and 12.

They were fine, I fell out with their mother in the end! Different views on what constituted success.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
I have not followed all 58 pages of this topic, but dip in and out when I feel I need some mental stimulation, so please forgive me if this grump has been covered already.

When buying a coffee there is almost always a size described as "regular". In my book, this is what we Brits call "standard". "Regular" has quite a different meaning! I refuse to order regular as there is nothing wrong with my bowel movements which requires the regulating effect of coffee.

It is hard to resist making facetious comments to the staff in these circumstances, but I expect that the wrong use of the word is so in-grained now that I would be regarded as a nutcase.

Keith

PS StuBeeDoo - you have my full support and sympathies. I am in exactly the same position but my step-daughter is 21, going on 8. Your posts could have been written by me, so similar are the circumstances. Mine had over £1000 spent on her for driving lessons, plus a substantial cash present from her Granny to buy a car with. When it came to taking the test, she withdrew from the challenge and has not yet (three years on) even sat the written test. She has spent the car money on living it up, and relies on anyone who is fool enough, to taxi her around f.o.c. She, of course, can never be the "designated driver". Good game eh?

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Haven't tried the chilli chocolate.

I did try the Wasabe Chocolate.

Keeping in mind that I am a bit fan of Wasabe and of Chocolate but that Wasabe Chocolate was like sh*t.

So bad I even emailed the company and said so.

Their response was nothing short of trite!

i don't know what they have stuck up their collective a**holes but apparently I didn't know what I was talking about and as they had extensively teste their product it was clearly perfect and I was wrong. Can't calculate how many £££/$$$ of business they lost due to their arrogance.

ps - I believe the ancient mix was actually tobacco and cocoa which they smoked! Yeeha!

Reactions: munter

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Mine had over £1000 spent on her for driving lessons, plus a substantial cash present from her Granny to buy a car with.
Mine had more >10x that from the sale of the original family home. It went on lavish gifts for friends (most of whom she doesn't her from anymore), and food & drink. She did a degree in performing arts at uni, and was the only one of her friends who did have an evening or weekend job. Her brother is completely the opposite. He invested his "inheritance", worked his way through a masters in mechanical engineering and he is doing very nicely, working for Rolls Royce.

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Today I'm grumpy about greetings cards.

Birthday cards.......... I always try to appear grateful for birthday cards.
thumbsup.gif
However two things really grind my gears. Firstly; people who are well aware that I'm not a pet-person and insist on including the names of their 3 dogs and 4 cats on the card. I don't care what you believe, your animals really don't understand that it's my birthday so don't try to fool yourself that they do. You certainly can't fool me. Secondly; I'm not a young child and I'm not senile (yet) so I do not need reminding which multiple-of-ten anniversary of my birth you're coercing me to celebrate, thank you very much. I don't care that I'm starting yet another decade of insignificant life, so why do you? A simple "happy birthday" will suffice, if you insist.

My sister-in-law's mother died so I went to the card shop to get a condolence card (well it's expected, isn't it?). I couldn't believe my eyes! "So sad for the loss of your dog" said one.
yikes.gif
Do people really buy this tripe (excuse the pun) to give/send to people who's dog has departed this mortal coil? The front of another card reads; "There will be new star in the sky tonight..........." I nearly threw-up.

·
Gordon Steadman
6,995 Posts
Ronnie and I don't do cards! We don't give them to each other or send them for christmas or birthdays. We still get a few but the numbers are falling. I suspect it's the inevitable reduction in numbers of available people rather than the will to send them though. It seems wired in. The marketing folk are still winning.

Although I was quietly pleased that only Ronnie remembered my birthday this year, deep down I also thought "rotten buggers, they can't even send me an email" before I told myself off for having double standards
smile.png

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Where do I sign up for a lifetime membership.

I realised I am really grumpy about people giving half informed, half baked advice, that further confuses people seeking help.

I am even grumpier, when those same people try to either defend said position, or discount facts by saying it is all opinion.

I am STILL grumpier about several other things right now.

most of all, I am grumpy with myself for being a grumpy old git

I hope the lifetime membership isn't expensive, or I shall become extremely grumpy about that too

·
re member
4,389 Posts
Feeling grumpy about all you moaning old sods....the sun is shining, its a brand new day...lets get out there and do it to them before they do it to us.

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Feeling grumpy about all you moaning old sods....the sun is shining, its a brand new day...lets get out there and do it to them before they do it to us.
See what I mean - feeling grumpy about him being annoyingly cheerful. Flaming birds are annoyingly loud this morning.

...........wanders off muttering to manufacture something else to moan about.

861 - 880 of 7145 Posts