SlotForum banner
1161 - 1180 of 7130 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,433 Posts
I've been done as well. I think the fee is for "handling" the fee payment to the customs - basically an admin charge for the aggro you(we) have caused.

I purchased two cars from the US. Both were just over the customs import limit. One was declared by the seller as a "toy" and the other was IIRC a "model". One was charged duty and the other was not. I can't remember which was which as I have resolved not to buy from the US any more. I suppose after Brexit we will get this sort of nonsense all the time.

·
re member
4,389 Posts
How about the four or five emails you get about your item being shipped via the Global shipping program and the item hasnt even been delivered?...then you get another email when it has been delivered.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I think I've mentioned here before about retailers who ask "Can we e-mail you a copy of the receipt?".......... I was in Argos yesterday, and they've started doing it now too. :grump:

·
Kevs Racing Bits
4,796 Posts
I hate voicemail usually from public service offices or schools telling you to call back for one thing or another but don't leave a number and they're always ex directory.
Cold callers who think you're stupid enough to give personal details over the phone.
Email spam even though you've opted out.
The Snowflake generation who have feelings that get hurt so much the law has to change for all of us.
Paying for 'up to' 16mb broadband but only receiving 6...can you imagine a garage advertising petrol at £1.35 for 'up to' 1L. Maybe I should start working 'up to' 8 hours per day...my employer is already paying me 'up to' the living wage.
Pensionable age, why when women live longer than men do they retire earlier? It should be the other way round.

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
I think I've mentioned here before about retailers who ask "Can we e-mail you a copy of the receipt?".......... I was in Argos yesterday, and they've started doing it now too. :grump:
I ordered a T-shirt from Clinton Enterprises (nothing to do with either the former US president or the card company) and they basically told that if I did not provide an Email address the order could (or would) not be processed. The modern age, eh?

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Just in case anyone was in any doubt;-

I HATE MOBILE 'PHONES!

I'm trying to set-up my new device. It's absolute pants. The instructions (such as they are....) are rubbish. I've been trying since this morning to download something called Whatsap. Microsoft wants loads of personal detail about me before I can get on the internet, which I don't want to give. All the ringer sounds are rubbish, why can't I just have the standard sound?
grump.gif
It took me over an hour just to figure-out how to save our landline number on it, and then access it and make a call to the landline.

I'm getting seriously charred-off. In fact, I'm so charred-off at the moment that I could 'phone work (on my landline, of course) and tell them that if I can't do the job without internet access they can stick it where the sun don't shine.
mad.gif

While wasting all this time, I've been reminded of an old Henning Wehn gag about Germans not needing to swear because in Germany things just work.

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Re the above post........ I had to resort to asking step-daughter to set the device up for me, and hide lots of superfluous stuff on it. Considering I don't even like asking her for the time of day, that hurt!
sad.png

·
Electric model car driver
1,685 Posts
The Windows lady just rung and said she wanted to talk to the owner of our computer. I told her that I wasn't sure if I own it or my wife does, so she asked to speak to my wife.

"My wife isn't home and won't be 'till later."

"What time would suit for me to call back then?"

I told her 2056 and she hung up. I can't stand those scamming bars-tids.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Mine is to say I'm a Microsoft Technical Manager then ask for their managers name as I might have been on a training course with them. The phone goes immediately dead..... Plus no more calls.

Waterlow

·
Al Schwartz
3,403 Posts
My frequent response to calls from "Windows Technical Dept." is to put them on speakerphone, continue with what I was doing and respond just enough to keep them engaged. The longest I have been able (or willing) to do this was 47 minutes. The caller will often become vocally upset when I tell them that none of their recommended actions will work because I'm on an OS machine, not Windows.

EM

1161 - 1180 of 7130 Posts