SlotForum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
I've not not been at this very long but this is my take. By the time you have a 4 car PB and a digital lap conter you are well on the way to a 6 car PB. I bougth a second hand Digital set and found I had to power all the lane changers (that was less than a year ago), a Right Pain especially if you are a rug racer and put up the track only when you want it. If you only have an 8' by 4' table ( I have 5' by 7' of floor instead, which is bigger) you will struggle to put in many strait lane changers. While nothing is perfect I find curve LC's are usefull and in a small circuit are easiyer to find a home for. My track uses 2 curved (on into out and 1 out to in) and 1 straight changer. In hind sight I would see if you can get a design first, to find out wheather one on of the changers should be Left hand. The only thing with the 6 cat APB is buy from a shop that will povide it updated to at least version 1.04. As bought it was hopeless so then you have to get it upgraded which will cost you postage both ways or a cable, excelent but not cheap on a budget. Digital offers a whole new world.

If you ask nicely sombody here may sell you a cheap 4 catr PB that at least does not need powered LC's if such a thing exsists and that may be a start. But even than you need the ap conter and thet are not cheap even second hand.

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Curved lane changes. Like R1's some love em some hate em. You have to decide youself. The cut to make them work in analouge is simple, but who would want scaley in analouge after digital :) (hey its fun to be contentious). In one of the books there is an artical about how to use a bolt to fix the flipper for analouge. Pobably more for rug racers than fixed track folk.

Not sure I would go so far as to say the lap conter is rubbish. It does "lose its rag" if you crash too often but swich it off for a bit, have a cup of tea and it will behave itself. Anyway if you come off that much you need a cup of tea to calm down and do it right ;-).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts