SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the Goldfinger Aston Martin DB5 for Christmas and on closer inspection the front number plate is upside down, I know the original in the film had revolving number plates but this is definite mistake, the Chinese can't read English the wrong way up

Question is should I complain to Hornby or is this going to be a valuable factory mistake worth loads of money or should I stand on my head while it's going around the track!

Roger

·
Premium Member
1,342 Posts
Don't you guys have anything serious to worry about? *grin* Seriously though, if it's like my Scalex cars it's a tampo license plate, which means the only way this could happen.and still be aligned with the bumper etc, is if the tampo head were inserted upside down (this is just a practical guess on my part, i have no idea if there actually is such a thing as a "tampo head"). It might be fun to ask Scalex how many cars were effected...maybe a whole shift? or maybe only a few before quality control noticed. You could be sitting on a Collector's Gold Mine *grin* Now if only you can get a bidding war going between James Bond collectors and Slot Car Museum collectors (PdL?).

John

·
Registered
424 Posts
Given that one of the most expensive stamps in the world is the inverted jenny, the one with the plane upside down, this probably ranks up there in rarity, so I'd hold onto it and then in a few years you'll be a millionaire

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.