SlotForum banner

Good round Tuff Ones tires in silicone

3K views 39 replies 10 participants last post by  model murdering 
#1 · (Edited)
Who sells good black silicone rear Tuff Ones rear tires? I prefer tight fitting tires.

I'm too cautious to buy from a random ebay ad, been snookered too many times with loose fitting eggs.

#40 ·
Thanks Jim,

I'm due for a tire order. The last batch of Heisters I got from JAG had nasty looking outer side walls, as though the mold(s) had not been cleaned. This was not just one type/size, it was across my last order. I've always liked them on the track, because they are a good "dirt" tire. Most annoying as I generally buy bulk. Grrrrrr.

Based on your Okee dokee, I'm gonna give it a whirl, and do a buffet style sampling for a few models. Lil' 'sperimenten' never hurts!

#39 ·
The "aftermarket" industry has always been scketchy. Valve covers, intake manifolds, you name it, it almost fits. After you work on it for a while...

You would think that they would make a prototype and say "Nope, this ain't close enough". But no... in fact, many things are "almost right" for years and years without being updated.

And so it goes with slot car tires. For a while (pre-blog days) I was using various Tyco tires. Some where better than others. Some I probably got at a hobby store.

Regardless, they were coming off the wheel. You do what you gotta do, and as mentioned, I applied a little silcone to the wheels and slid the tires on and let them sit.

It was less than optimum, but it was fine.

I have never had a problem with that with Supertires.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.