SlotForum banner
81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
I think we need a date chosen on this as we said on Monday. I would like to say the 8th November.

If some club members are away sorry

I have talked to a few from work and a Team Gaugemaster would like a space.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Just trying to get this back out of the long grass:

OK so Nov 8th is a Saturday, but that will do for me, but so would the 9th.

My calender is filling up and I do not often win bidding wars

On the Team Saga Sport front:
I wondered if we could invite Sandy to join us - he seems to qualify on all fronts?

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #83 ·
Saturday is a bad day for me and my team.

Lets go for the 9th.

List of potential teams;

Gaugemaster
Saga Sport
Reigning chumps
Gosport
Keith, Dave and?
Tony Tempah's team?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Oh no - I can't do Nov 9th. (It has never been an option for me, not sure why I said I could).

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
16th then - I've gone back through the thread and that fits with Matt, Wes and Will's requests, as well as being a Sunday.

·
Registered
617 Posts
It's official - Tony gave me this info on the back of a *** packet:

The Bolwextric 2014 9 hour Endurance - Ta Da !
At Manor Farm Raceway, Clanfield.
On Sunday 16th November.
Doors open at 9am.
Racing starts at 10am sharp.
Cars: "Ninco 1". Matt is to source an even set of the most dynamic types.

Invitations are out for up to 6 teams.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I'd be up for this too, unless the teams are already finalised. If so, I could be a floating handicap and do a round with each team! How they laughed...(mostly in terror)

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
Matt,

In previous years we have charged a fee per team (about £30 I think) to cover purchasing cars for the event and all extra money has gone to charity. As you are supplying the cars, we could support a charity of your choice if you like. What would be good is if we could donate the cars to Tony at the end, for letting us have the track foc for the day.

Jim

Sandy,

In the apparent absence of PJ and Nick at the moment, I think Will was hoping to sign you for Team Saga Sport in the current transfer window.

·
Registered
617 Posts
QUOTE (Mr.M @ 23 Sep 2014, 23:52) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sandy,
In the apparent absence of PJ and Nick at the moment, I think Will was hoping to sign you for Team Saga Sport in the current transfer window.

What ! why me?

Only joking Sandy. In the absence of objections from the other Saga Sports, may I welcome you to the team - sucker.

In the joyful event of both Nick and PJ joining in, 4 is not over the top for a team - IMHO.

Make sure you bring your box of spanners and your know-how, because I have neither.

ALSO
as in previous years we will have a web page to promote and then review the action.

Still a work in progress, but I would say it will be here.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Can't we rebrand it? - Team Saga Sports sounds like a geriatric cruise line - 'How about a spot of bowls, Daphne?'. What about 'Team Epic Sports' even if it means the same thing?

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi

Glad to hear this is on Austin, and you have got a majority decision on a date!

Gosport would be very happy to field a team, 3 or 4 I guess. If you can wire up some brakes before then, we would be grateful.

Chris.

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
That's great news, Chris.

As to brakes, we're already relenting on one artificial driver's aid for this event - putting cars that crash back on. I'm surprised that you haven't asked us to fit steel braid to the track, so the magnets work too!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Our r&d department are working on copper magnets, but I've been given a release date of 1/4/15, so we will have to make do with the octagonal wheels this year.

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts

Sorry, that's not allowed, you will have to run with the roundish ones, as supplied!

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #96 ·
So the grid is virtually complete;

Gaugemaster - Matt, Terry, ANO

Gosport - Chris and team

NSCC - Peter S x2, Paul?, Colin?

Saga/Epic - Will, Sandy, Nick?, PJ?

Alresford - Keith, Dave?, Reuben?

Reigning Chumps - Jim, Wes, Kev?

That leaves possibly Chris & Dicky to be allocated to teams if they want to do it.

·
Premium Member
91 Posts
QUOTE (Mr.M @ 3 Oct 2014, 08:31) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So the grid is virtually complete;

Gaugemaster - Matt, Terry, ANO

Gosport - Chris and team

NSCC - Peter S x2, Paul?, Colin?

Saga/Epic - Will, Sandy, Nick?, PJ?

Alresford - Keith, Dave?, Reuben?

Reigning Chumps - Jim, Wes, Kev?

That leaves possibly Chris & Dicky to be allocated to teams if they want to do it.

On Team Gaugemaster Roger Feest will be joining me and Terry on the day.

·
Jim Moyes
5,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
I'd say whichever one you can get the most different liveries of, Matt!

Don't think anyone ran a Megane when we had them as a class. I can bring my Corvette as potential spares if we go for them.

81 - 100 of 123 Posts