SlotForum banner

Goodwood 9 Hour anyone?

21K views 122 replies 13 participants last post by  Pitstop Pansy 
#1 ·
This is probably down to the post Goodwood euphoria not having worn off yet - but how about a Nine hour race for Ninco Vintage cars?

It could be run from 10AM - 7PM. Six teams of three, so we could probably fill the entries from the various nights, but we could also take entries from other local clubs that may be interested. Any Ninco Classic car in any standard configuration that they were offered in. Teams supply their own car and spares, and one driver, one marshall and one mechanic (resting) at all times. Perhaps even insist on each driver doing 3 whole hour (57 min) stints either chosen by the team or drawn at random?

Whaddyareckon?

Eh?

#103 ·
Great news.

Has anybody contacted Nick yet? I will if not, just don't want to hassle him if he's already been asked.

Also, I'm fairly sure my Corvette is a different livery to the ones Matt brought along, so I'm quite happy for a body swap to take place to increase the variety of liveries even more. I'll bring it with me on Thursday to check.

#104 · (Edited by Moderator)
QUOTE (Keef921 @ 12 Nov 2014, 13:07) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Good news for Team Saga or Epic or whatever the managements rebranding exercise comes up with, PJ is up for a drive.
Thanks for sorting that out Keith, though it must be pointed out the words "management" or "exercise" should not be used in connection with the team. "Rebranding" would be handy, especially on our foreheads in such a way that it would remind us who we are and what the heck we should be doing.

Anyway - a big welcome to PJ.

#105 ·
A bit of bad news I'm afraid.

Peter Solari has had a bereavement in his family and will, understandably, not now be coming along. We'll have to try to contact the other members of his team to see if they are still intending to be there. Otherwise we may have to have 5 teams, which we have done before, as it's a bit late to invite another team.

#107 ·
QUOTE (Mr.M @ 12 Nov 2014, 13:50) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Great news.

Has anybody contacted Nick yet? I will if not, just don't want to hassle him if he's already been asked.

Also, I'm fairly sure my Corvette is a different livery to the ones Matt brought along, so I'm quite happy for a body swap to take place to increase the variety of liveries even more. I'll bring it with me on Thursday to check.

I have also found a body which is white at home. I am up tomorrow with a load of stuff so will bring it along.

#108 ·
NSCC team have had to withdraw, understandably.

Looks like we may be down to 5 teams unless we can spread the drivers out.

Still looking forward to it, though.

See you all tomorrow.

#109 ·
A big "well done" to Chris and Steve from the Gosport club for being the first "away" team to win a Bolwextric endurance event.
Although Chris has been on the winning team of previous endurance races here at least once before as a "home" driver.

A great day and good to see some new faces at the track as well as some "old hands" coming along again.

The Ninco One Corvettes performed really well with only two wing mirrors missing from the entire field and all cars will now join the Club "fleet" for parties and Lane car nights.

#110 ·
Thanks Jim and Tony for a great day of racing. And thanks to everyone for mucking in with the marshalling to help out Steve and his back... Usually he bends over in the first hour and that is the end of the day, so it was a pleasant surprise to have him still racing at the end. And a particular thanks to all for leaving us the yellow car as last pick! The cars were all reliable, ninco and gaugemaster should be proud.

Yes, I was in the winning team of the first endurance event, many years ago, and a regular member at that time, but I have only raced once at clanfield in the last 5 years , so I claim foreign national status.

We will try and resurrect the Gosport endurance in the new year, so expect invites for a Saturday race.

#113 · (Edited by Moderator)
Assuming we do this again, should we be deciding a date? - Assuming Tony will have us.

Note Havant Swapmeet is on Sunday 27 September (I promise not to buy another G-Slot Jazz).

I hope a team would like to include me, in which case Sundays I would rather NOT DO are:
Sep 6th, Oct 4th & 25th, Nov 1st and Dec 6th.

#114 ·
We really need Matt's input on this. Lets hope we see him soon on a club night.

I did mention that Farnham club are keen for a team this year, didn't I?

#116 ·
Of course Chris! Goes without saying.

Erm.......now which dates wouldn't be good for you?

#118 ·
Before the year slips away without us holding this event, shall we try to pin down a date?

How does the 22nd or 29th of this month sound to everybody?

#122 ·
Is there no-one else at Gosport that might make up a team with you?

If not, it won't be a problem getting you a drive with someone.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.