SlotForum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to hunt down a track plan of the Revival circuit. My son has asked for a model of the circuit for Christmas but this is the only way we can think of doing it

here's hoping someone out there can help me out (Kevin?)

cheers

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
what track do you have already/want to use and what space do you want to use?

I'll have time to figure it out tomorrow (which will be overnight assuming you're in Britain) but it may not leave you much time to shop. I may be on later tonight but I can't promise.. (9pm here in Australia)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the help so far.

I've got a map of the circuit and we have "made do" in the past but we are a bit limited for curves so any help would be most appreciated.

ENO - We've currently got the old system Le Mans Circuit (the one with the Porsche 917 and TWR Jaguar) which just about fits into the space available and which I guess is about 10' x 6' - hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
I use classic myself - what bits are in it? I'll have a bash after tea.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Ok - this is about the best i can figure using the space. There's all different types of curve in there but you should be able to substitute. I hope it helps,

Eno

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
That's a bit of a coke-up. The file was little so I thought the picture would be. OOPS!!

Nearest i could figure in 10 by 6. Anyone that's actually been there may be able to "refine" the beast. I used teh Goodwood Revival site & the motor racing circuits index to try to get a feel for it.

cheers,
David.

·
Premium Member
5,690 Posts
Eno, I've mailed you a revised and smaller image!

I'm not sure if he has Goodwood in the mix but this guy has an awful lot of bases covered with his site - quite extraordinary, recently added to my links database and immediately proving popular if the stats are to be believed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks - that is absolutely brilliant and just what I was looking for.

In view of the historic links between Scalectrix and Goodwood, would you object if I sent the design to them?

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Hey - it's goodwood's circuit - I just tried to squinch it into the space you wanted. I'm glad you like it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
One final thing Eno - can I run the track part numbers past you (using the classic ref nos.) I think I've identified them correctly from the picture but just in case .....

Clockwise from start finish - S/F, C160, 3 x C154, C159, C151, C154, 3 x C160, 5 x C153, C160, 2 x C151, c160, C159, 2 x C152, C159, C151, C159, C154, C159, C160, C154, C153, C159, c151, c159, C160, C154, 3 x C152, C160, S/F

(I hope they are the same numbers in Oz!)

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Sorry, some of them are outer outer curves made by SCX. I can't actually remember what bits were what 'cause I'm at me Dad's on holiday. I'll confirm the list next week if that's ok.

Cheers,
David.

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Pee Wee,
how did this turn out? Did it do what you wanted??

Cheers,
Eno

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Cheers Eno - hope you had a good break.

Between us, my son and i we managed to put together a passable imitation of the track, using a skid chicane just after woodcote and borrowing some short straights from my cousin to fill the gaps where the track didn't quite fit.

The tracks gone away now until the next school holidays but he's already decided he wants to build Brooklands

1 - 16 of 16 Posts