SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys; Gordo Bond 007 here from Canada again. We I just complete upgrading my wood track and my first attempt at doing my own scenery. All in all I think that it went rather well, in fact I am actually kind of proud of it.

Here are a few pics of the finished product, let me know what you think please.

Thanks for looking

Gordo Bond 007

·
Gary Skipp
6,657 Posts
Looks like a fast layout gordo. If the 'green hell' is a homage to the Nurburgring then I think some additional foliage would enhance the flavour. especially along the back wall where vision is not so critical. You certainly should be proud, that's a very nice track

·
Registered
890 Posts
Thanks guys; The "Green Hell" part comes more from the fact that during the building of the track I found myself saying "What The HELL Did I get Myself Into !!!" about a million times.

In my minds eye I was kind of aiming to recreate some of the scenery that I have driven through many times in my life, around Banff National Park in the Canadian Rocky Mountians.

There is an area where the landscape changes from foot hills to mountians that I have always found particularly beautiful. Back in my youth, I had one on the most memorable drives of my life there in my brand new Golf GT1 and a freshly paved stretch of deserted hiway.

Here are a few more pics for you.

Gordo

Shumies Shoes !!! I wish!!! No unfortunately those are just my stinky old sneakers that I only wear on very special occasions like this one a couple months back.

I may have to strap those puppies on tomorrow for the first race of the 2008 F1 season!

·
Brad Korando / Brad Korando
1,089 Posts
Nice track Gordo! I really like the layout of it and your scenery work is excellent. The colors you selected are perfect, just like the backgorund in your 1:1 photo. What is the overall size of your track? Thanks for sharing.

Brad

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks again everyone.

Yes this was my very first attempt at building a routed wood track and it was also the first time that I had attempted to do "realistic" looking scenery in my life.

As far as the size goes, the area it covers is 5'-9" x 12'-6" This is all the area in my house that my Wife could allocate to my "little hobby".

The track length is right around 50'-0". It's not a monster but it can definately keep 3 or 4 guys occupied for a few hours without getting bored on it.

Gordo

·
Registered
33 Posts
Very nice work Gordo, and I love the rock faces you've created there.

Is there any way you could explain how you made them? I have a fair bit left to do on my "country" style layout and I'd love to be able to make those kind of rock walls.
Thanks for sharing your work, it's most appreciated.

Griz

QUOTE (Gordo Bond 007 @ 14 Mar 2008, 15:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks again everyone.

Yes this was my very first attempt at building a routed wood track and it was also the first time that I had attempted to do "realistic" looking scenery in my life.

As far as the size goes, the area it covers is 5'-9" x 12'-6" This is all the area in my house that my Wife could allocate to my "little hobby".

The track length is right around 50'-0". It's not a monster but it can definately keep 3 or 4 guys occupied for a few hours without getting bored on it.

Gordo

·
Registered
890 Posts
Hey Capnfutile;

QUOTE As far as the size goes, the area it covers is 5'-9" x 12'-6" This is all the area in my house that my Wife could allocate to my "little hobby".

Gordo

Hope this helps

·
Fast Co.
1,240 Posts
Looks great Gordo! I've been putting off routing my own track - got to finish a suitable room in my basement first - but this thread is inspiring me to get started on that.
Love the Ferrari too.
Steve

·
Registered
465 Posts
That is beautiful! Did you mostly use the Woodland Scenics techniques for mountain building?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Cute

What else can I say?

Lanes seems to be a bit shake did the router get out of controll.
Loving the effort, really a nice little woody.

Respect

Nesta aka 68Caddy

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Wow, Gordo, it looks real!

Great job, like everybody else I would love to see how you did it if you took pics along the way.

How do you like routed compared to plastic?

Have fun!
Paul
Circuit TrustChrist

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.