SlotForum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do you do when you have a scalex ho car and no intrest in ho racing ?
Build a mini.
I had a spare mini body so this seemed like an ideal project

I took the HO car and removed the rear axle replacing it with a longer one made from piano wire ,I disguarded the pin guide and added a piece of popsicle stick as a guide tongue and fitted a scaley guide.
The front axle is bent from piano wire and clips into the old front axle mount .

The body mount is simply a piece of piano wire with a couple of brass spacers clipped into the same axle mount and fixed through holes in the body sides and a peg through the rear panel.
The wheels are Polistil F1 fronts .
The finished car goes very well and surprisingly quick for something made out of the junk box

Graham

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Graham...I like it, I like it. Have all the parts you mention by some weird coincidence. Could this be a new racing class? Those wheels look great- I hadn't thought that could work. By the way I have one or two 'Hot' HO motors, US rewinds- should go like the clappers. I was saving them for 60s F1 projects, but what the heck.

As if I didn't have enough to do....

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Give it a go Howmet youll love it it flys ,just tried it on carrera track and its great.

Graham

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fraid soTropi Im up to 4 sets now got enough to start replacing the poli track now.But what shall I do with all these Audis and Bentlys.Ill have to do some serious converting,

Howmet which HO motors have you tried Ive been looking at the BSRT spud power range for 1/32 use I think you could end up with a quick car.

Graham

·
Registered
3,883 Posts
It would seem the BSRT mills are VERY fast - I hope you have a crack at this Grah and fill us in on your findings.

·
Registered
4,593 Posts
Yes, mine are BSRT, but are yet to be tried. I was saving them up for my dream Lotus 25 etc. They come highly recommended

·
Graham Windle
4,442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tropi I will get one and build a light chassis around one I have an Auto Coast Ti 22 waiting to be motorised.
Graham

1 - 8 of 8 Posts