SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
2,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you really desperate and are home alone with only the PS2 for company because you've been banned from the pub because of late night car antics in the car park then I would say find a mate to buy it and "borrow" it off him.

I bought it today at roughly.. (thinks) half one and I finished it about quarter of an hour ago. with a damn big break so I reakon you can complete it in about 3-4 hours.

Anyway looks to me as if it's still on the GT3 graphic engine, altho looks good I wont be keeping it.
If you REALLY want the game, pop into gamestation, if your lucky enough they will have a pre-owned one for about 16.99, saying that the one in chester should have one back tomorrow.. hey ho. Right now I think Diff said big mutha truckers was a good game.. might have to have a look. otherwise might save me cash!

Inte.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Aye!

Big Mutha TRuckers is like Elite but with 18 wheelers. You choose one of 4 children of Big Mutha (different rigs & handling) you then have to truck stuff all over the game area to different towns, buying low, selling high, upgrading your rig, fending off the cops and the biker gangs, all the time listening to some good radio stations and enjoying the arcade-type handling of your truck. The trailer doesn't half fishtail well
Oh, and if you let a biker climb up on the trailer and get to your fifth wheel, he unhitches the trailer so you lose the load AND the trailer too

After 30 days game time, the one with the most money inherits the trucking company.

Mark.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Have they done anything about the AI in GT4 Prologue? For me GT3 was ruined by the computer cars that sail on on the racing line ignoring your position (bang!) and the fact that they enter the corner at a set speed then jump between brake and throttle to maintain that speed making it impossible to maintain position behind one since his speed is jerking up and down mid-corner like a Maestro driver.

On the subject of borrow-not-buy R:Racing is like a more arcadely GT3, it's entertaining and has the advantage of being proper race cars rather than GT3's predominantly road cars but not worth £39.99. I wish they'd bought out a proper Ridge Racer 6 instead

Coop

·
Registered
448 Posts
QUOTE (Coopdevil @ 4 Jun 2004, 08:51)Have they done anything about the AI in GT4 Prologue? For me GT3 was ruined by the computer cars that sail on on the racing line ignoring your position (bang!)
I don't think you can race against the computer. When I got it months ago (january?) I couldn't, but I didn't know how to as it was in japanese!

·
Registered
325 Posts
I haven't actually played Gran Turismo 4 Prologue yet, but I was watching this think about them making the real game. Shed loads of research has gone into it, they were filming 'real' racing drivers doing hot laps. So this in-car footage, they've got should make the computer cars corner a bit more professionally.
I played R:Racing on XBox, what a laugh
, it has all kinds of driver aids on it - including steer and brake assist! You just hold down the throttle (these aids can be turned off).
I recently got Toca Race Driver 2, for Xbox, one of the most stressful games ever! Game play is hard and xbox live isn't that good either, real shame - as it has the potential to be a great game. I was disappointed to find the British touring cars were missing.

Meanwhile, I'm playing Project Gotham Racing 2, brill game, you get extra points for doing power slides and stylish driving! Graphics are superb too. The online racing bit is also very entertaining, especially when your racing a scouser!

James

·
Registered
317 Posts
Do you still have to do all the license garb still? I have really enjoyed every Gran Turismo game so far, but I am getting a little tired of having to spend hours doing all the tests! Hopefully we can import the licences from GT A spec...

G

·
ordered my GT4 off Amazon for £18..... best game so far, cars handle like real cars and the AI is much better. The licenses start very easy and build to a frustrating level but passable 'bronze' that is. Gold is bit more challenging but you get a car given to you if you pass on Bronze. The Licences carry over to the main game out in September...

......can't wait cracking game, dust of those steering wheels and stop trying to make that Scalextric bike work and have some fun. Not saying Slot cars are not fun "it's just a racing thing"

Dome

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
Agree with Dome, brilliant game and well worth the £18 from Amazon. I love the Italian street course with all the people waving and the high speed blasts down the tight weaving streets. You have to be inch perfect all the way round. So far to-date I have 10 golds on the School mode. Stayed up to 1 last night to achieve this - "sad git".

M

·
Registered
150 Posts
If anyone has an Xbox, I highly recommend RalliSport Challenge 2. I personally think it's the best rally game to date, although not as hardcore as Collin McRae 4, it's very entertaining!!

By the way, if anyone out there is getting real frustrated with their Scaley MotoGp bikes, you should try MotoGp 2 as well.

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
I've got Moto GP3 and really enjoy it. Just love those power slide turns, especially when passing Rossi into the last turn.

M

·
Premium Member
427 Posts
for somthing a little different but with good graphics and gameplay but with slightly anoying music
but that all important NOS button
plus you can fully bodykit the cars

·
Registered
325 Posts
I guess he's on about Need for Speed Underground.
Is quite good at first, but gets very repetitive.
Body kits are cool and so is the paint, music is questionable though

If you can pick it up 2nd hand - give it a go.

How are you finding GrooveRider? Mark? I've found where I can get more copies - the local Asda!

Jimmie Johnson (not the American race driver
)

·
Registered
448 Posts
Need for speed UG... Ok I suppose...

I wanted to "modify" my scooby, but all I changed was the spoiler and wheels because these tacky vinals etc just look wrong

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
James, Grooverider is coming along fine. I've unlocked all the Brit cars (Caterham 7s) and the 6volt championship. Some of the tracks are mental!!

As regards NFS Underground I've got it and nearly completed it. My Skyline looks mighty fine - metallic blue with a unique vinyl on it which looks like the engine from a Star Wars Pod Racer!!

You can always select a vinyl, colour it yourself and use up to 4 different vinyl layers to create the look, Mk.2

Mark.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
While we are talking about PS2 driving games - Burnout is still my most played game on the black monolith. If you don't have this, it's a must and should be available new for GBP19.99 and second hand for under a tenner.

Outrun-style street racing, very responsive and slidey control, wince-inducing crashes and a couple of the tracks are based on car chase classic Ronin - so you can race around the Paris and the French Riveria. V cool. A hell of a lot of traffic is thrown at you so gameplay is a mad burst of weaving left and right around stationary traffic jams and on the wrong carriageway of the Peripherique.

The sequel is also great (called Burnout 2 strangely enough!) but in my opinion the original is the better game.

Coop

·
Registered
325 Posts
I got Toca Race Driver, found it tough though.
Love the range of cars on it

Gettong XBox live soon
can't wait
James

I'll look out for 2nd hand copy of Burnout again

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
So I finally relented last night and bought an X-Box. Good god it's a heavy beast, I don't think the coffee table will ever recover....

So what are the best driving games for it? I know of PGR, PGR2 and TOCA what else is worth looking out for? I already have Burnout and Burnout 2 on the PS2.

Coop

·
Registered
150 Posts
I personally think that RalliSport Challenge 2 is a must. Probably the best looking game on the Xbox, with superb handling and hugely entertaining, either play on your own in career mode or against your mate(s) on split screen or even on Xbox live! The graphics are always fluent without lag and the sound is pretty good too.

RalliSport Challenge 1 is also pretty good, although the 2nd one is much better.

Colin McRae 04 is also a solid rally game, though the game play is purely based on point to point hardcore rallying rather than in different events such as rallycross or ice racing on closed circuit found in Rallisport challenge 2. It could also get frustratingly hard!

If you fancy a bit of 2-wheel action, MotoGp 2 is worth considering. Best game on two wheels in my opinion. Xbox live function is also well sorted.

If you want to look up any reviews for any game on any platform, try www.gamefaqs.com

1 - 20 of 31 Posts