SlotForum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
If anybody wants a good rally game, then WRC3 on the PS2 is superb. It's the only game that uses all the official current rally cars and drivers. It's even better when you use the analogue sticks, not only for the steering, but for the accelerator and brakes. It gives much more feel and control, especially on the slippery gravel stages. The same goes for GT4 prologue.

M

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I'm told Project Gotham for the X-Box is great.

I just bought a steering wheel/pedal set for a bagain £25! It's RRP is about £60!

There is a god, and it's name is Ebay.

So got to order the full version of Toca 2 this week and I'll be off and running, well driving actually.

Know what you mean about tough, took me a couple of goes, but I've wiped out the demo now. Best is DTM's round Hockenheim. Scithing up the inside has never been so fun.

Lotus

·
Registered
325 Posts
O dear, not the console wars again! I had a massive agrument at school about this. I supported the XBox... as it is better that the PS2
(And i do own both)
Also: games like GTA Vice City were orginally released on PS2, but the advantage of the xbox is that gets it later (maybe a month or two later) and the errors have been ironed out. Thats what i think anyway,
James

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
QUOTE (James - Junior Racer @ 10 Jun 2004, 16:37)O dear, not the console wars again! I had a massive agrument at school about this.
Yeah, yeah, yeah and my Spectrum's better than your Commodore... sorry, early 80s flashback for a minute (I blame the womenfolk of today for wearing those horrible 80s style shapeless suede boots and sending me back in time!)

I bought an X-Box magazine this lunchtime and a new Outrun game is coming out!

There. Is. A. God.

Coop

·
Simon Moss (Undisputed #1 Racer Fan)
553 Posts
Not always the case James, take Splinter Cell for example. That was primarily an X-Box game and was then adapted for PS2, with an extra level and longer movie sequences. I guess the same will be for Pandora Tomorrow.

In my view about consoles "You make ya choice and stick with it".

If anybody wants to play any of the Gran Turismo games then you will have to buy a Playstation. It is a Sony game and as correctly stated before, will only be on Playstation.

M

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
mo55man - I understand from m8s who have played both that the PS2 is a saddly lacking version of splinter cell on graphics, polygon and number of enemies at any one time; They particularly cited the severely reduced number of guard dogs at the end levels. Glad to hear they added an extra level to try to compensate tho!

21 - 31 of 31 Posts