SlotForum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, noticed this forum, I used to love Scalextric when I was young in the 70's. Was wondering if my son who is 7 years old and myself 46 years old can come and play on Saturday Morning, do we need cars or anything else?

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Hi Johnny,
not sure how often Rod reads or posts on here.

However, they will make you very welcome and have cars controllers available for you to try out. For sure saturdays is the best time for juniors.

Have fun

Simon

BTW welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
641 Posts
Simon is your man. I'll let him know you're interested. Sat morning is best to start off with moving on to Thursday eves for the older more experienced racer. You would be most welcome either day to have a look. Contollers and some cars would be available to use.

·
Registered
91 Posts
yo j-mac, this club does'nt seem to be very active in the ole chat department does it, if they dont show, how they gonna know if people are interested in taking a look or not... you'd expect like most other clubs do, that at least 3 or 4 would be checking it even if for 5 mins a night, great for expanding your club NOT.. i'm only down the road from it aswell

·
Registered
42 Posts
QUOTE (PINHEAD69 @ 2 Sep 2011, 20:27) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>yo j-mac, this club does'nt seem to be very active in the ole chat department does it, if they dont show, how they gonna know if people are interested in taking a look or not... you'd expect like most other clubs do, that at least 3 or 4 would be checking it even if for 5 mins a night, great for expanding your club NOT.. i'm only down the road from it aswell
Steady on mate, people have lives outside slot cars. Its holiday time now so it might be a while before you get replys. If your close why dont you pop down when the clubs open, times at the top of thread, to see what its all about, I am sure you will get a warm welcome.

·
Registered
2,799 Posts
Ey Up "Pinhead",

go to SF "Forums" site and click on Great Barr, you will find out more about the club, without needless criticism online.

You are obviously keen, we like your track by the way.

Bear in mind, they may possibly have more important things in their lives right now.

To most, slotracing is an enjoyable hobby, rather than an all consuming duty to respond immediately to casual observers.

All I am saying, is "be a little more patient / tolerant".

vbr CJ Mod.

·
Registered
42 Posts
By the way pinhead, your track looks great. Its the sort of thing Iwould like to do, when I get round to it lol.

·
Registered
641 Posts
It has indeed been holiday time but that silliness is coming to an end now and we'll be back up to speed by the time you read this.

All are welcome to come and have a look. Thursday Eves from around 7:30 for the more experienced (older, ahem) racer. Saturday mornings for families and the younger racer. (still very competitive)

We are not in it for the glory of the Slot It cup or the SCX Proxy Rally championship. Just here to have some fun with like minded people. Sometimes the racing almost takes a back seat in favour of having a good chat. That said, when we race, it is for a nice little trophy!

Contact Simon or Rod via the forum if you need to know more or just turn up and have a go. First time is free!

·
Registered
91 Posts
lol, i would'nt say i was keen, more curious...ive only had a setup for 2 month or so, i can take it or leave it to be honest
like yourselves, its just a small passtime...
my interest lies more in the building of it really, thats what i really enjoy, the racing would be fun though i guess but i hav'nt tried that side of it yet....
as for my track, i think i will be selling my boards soon to build another take down setup, but L shaped and much larger
than this 8"5' x 4"5' although i did fit alot of track on it....
i want to do a very realistic one this time
i may pop in on one thursday and try it

·
Registered
91 Posts
yeah it was good fun, i'd have to sell my track boards to fund the 5 cars needed though if i was to continue with it,
was thinking of selling it anyway to build another...someone should want it heading into xmas n all....
what are the most popular cars, or should i say most competetive for each category ?
impala....nascar.... 25k high torque motor....moded no limits ? muscle ? and ? ?
but yeah liked it, i wont know who's who on here, so do help lol

·
Registered
641 Posts
I'd like to help you out taking your first layout off your hands but A: it's digital Scalextric and 2: I'm skint!

It's a big ask to come in with 5 cars right away and puts a few off I'd imagine. Work your way in slow, like you said. Just race the classes you like to begin with. Nascar for instance or the standard class. Cheap way in. Kev.

·
Registered
91 Posts
yeah i will kev, nice n slow, but the cars that i would use, i would still want to be competetive with the fastest out there on the track, no point aiming for 3rd or 4th spot lol, although thats where i will end up.. then just learn to control it and learn the bends... so its a black can i need then is it ? and 1 tooth down ? or would a blue 30k motor compete ?
as for the track, its the boards i was going to sell rather than the digital setup as i'd need that to make another, so analogue could be put on it if thats what they wish... the boards are marked underneath for what piece of track goes where, so pass the word ;-) other info... its overall size is 8ft 5 x 4ft 5 and its a take down 3 piece setup..... it stores away in a space of 3ft x 3ft x 4ft 5 high... there are 2 boards at 3ft x 4ft 5 and 1 middle piece at 2ft 5 x 4ft 5, they are screwed together underneath where the board supports meet, and a few hidden at the top, and there are also holes for added wing nut bolts..... theres alot of track on it for the size due to how ive designed it, and im guessing around 40 feet track length
but heres the list if anyone wants to build it and see, i have 4 lane changes and a pit lane, so i will just state the sports track that would fit there...
powerbase start H/S H/S R2 R2 H/S F/S R2 R2 H/S F/S, R1 R1 R1 R1 H/S R1 H/S R1 R1 78 R2, R1 H/S R2 R2 R2 H/S R1 F/S R1 R1 H/S F/S H/S R1 F/S R2 R2 H/S R2 R2 H/S 78, R2 R1 R1 H/S R1 R1 R2 85 H/S R2 H/S R2 78, H/S R2 R2 R2 R2 F/S F/S F/S F/S the full straights f/s at the end is where my pitlane is, so tell me how long is it ;-)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts