SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was made aware of this a few months ago, helped with some documentation and was asked to keep this secret, but now the word is officially out. Received today from Daniele Ostorero of Slot-Indy
:

"Dear Philippe,
these are the first pics of our new future production, the Maserati 8CTF of Indy race in the years ' 40. (Note: for the younger crowd here, the supercharged, 3-liter, 360HP Maserati 8CTF won the Indy 500 races in 1939 and 1940 in the hands of Wilbur Shaw and was the dominant car from 1938 to 1946 and ran until 1954!. 3 were built and were raced in at least 7 different color schemes).
This new production is under OFFICIAL LICENSE from Maserati.
We are producing this car in 5 different versions, with different colours and sponsors. There will be brass chassis, engine V 12 / 2, new aluminium wheels with screw to remove from the axle, new tires, many photo-engraved in different metals.
This Maserati will be in RTR version and in Kit form.
We think to begin to distribute the first models for the end of this year. We will send to you other pics of work in progress of our new Maserati.
Thank you and best regards.
Daniele e Gianluca Ostorero"

And below are the pictures of the tooling in process:

For memory for the older crowd, here is a picture of Mark Gussin's beautiful hand-built wooden Maserati 8CTF of the famous Team Lucy O'Reilly-Schell driven by Rene Dreyfus and Le Begue in the 1940 Indy 500:

And a picture of the "Boyles Special" driven by Wilbur Shaw at Indy:

Regards,

Doc Pea

·
Registered
163 Posts
Verrry interesting news Doc P!

I've only recently built my two Roadsters and I thought the kits really exuded quality - the chassis were a delight to put together and run, and the finish on the shells was outstanding. The only thing which let them down in my opinion was the very brittle resin used in the trim parts - I hope this is something that will be remedied in these releases....

Paul

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
QUOTE Who is going to distribute them?

The US distribution is through . The Slot-Indy page is HERE.

Retailers are slowly checking in and the most well-known is Professor Motor in Livonia, MI.

The resin is supposed to be new and stronger. For serious racing, replace the exposed parts by hand-formed brass rod, its rather easy and works great!
Regards,

Doc Pea

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
Wow - I don't know why but these old Indy cars just get me kinda.. sweaty!

I have a reason to buy one of the other ones now as I'll have something different to run it against (Always like to buy cars in pairs - except when I can't walk out of shops as per my other thread)

I wrote to these guys one night in a fit of admiration over the previous car (haven't bought one - nothing to play with it with - will have now YA YA YA!) I got the nicest letter back from the owner (Daniele e Gianluca Ostorero) hell even my wife looked at it & said "What a charming man" - from one letter - that my friends rocks!

·
Premium Member
5,230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE I got the nicest letter back from the owner (Daniele e Gianluca Ostorero) hell even my wife looked at it & said "What a charming man"

And you are 100% correct, they are absolutely delightful to deal with and just so enthusiastic. Lovely people.
Regards,

Doc Pea

G

·
I could not agree more with Philippe, one of the new Slot-Indy Maserati's will be going in the Brookland Museum display. I really love the look of this car.

Jeff.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.