SlotForum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, After becoming a father 20yrs ago I got back into scalextric. A friend gave me some GREEN classic track sections and these were the first I'd ever seen. I liked the grand chicane and standard chicane corners that were part of this strange track. A while later I found some more green track at a car boot and snapped it up. For the last few years it's never moved out of it's box in the loft. I've been told that the green classic track sections came from a scalextric 'HORSE RACING SET' but I've never seen one or heard of one? It may have slipped under my radar during the 80s? I know there is a huge following for 'GRASS RACING' as seen on 'top gear', but where do these sections come from and how much of it is there out there? I've just seen some in the swap section that's prompted this question.

·
Registered
2,183 Posts
I think thatits from an original horse race set, the good thing is that If I remember correctlley it has outer outer bends that make the eight lane scalex track, these were made by SCX and not scalex and can be painted up to use on your normal track.
Zen

·
Premium Member
4,213 Posts
I'm not 100% sure which came first the green track in the Rally Cross Sets;

Or the Horse racing sets "Ascot";

It also came in the "Turtle Set"

1 - 4 of 4 Posts