SlotForum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Alan Paterson
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hi guy's, just wanted to say "hello" to all out there, excellent looking Forum, and hope it stays.

Regards

Big Al
www.slotcars.co.za
Africa's Definitive Slot Car Portal

·
Allan Wakefield
5,857 Posts
Hey !

Welcome to the site...

How about a run down on the state of the Hobby in your neck of the woods?

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hey there Big Al!

Welcome aboard

Beautiful part of the world you are from, I shall never forget the view of the city from Signal Hill after a bottle or two of local wine with a couple of fine ladies. Or the cablecar ride to the top of Table Mountain. The people, the food, the beaches.....

Cheers,

slik.

·
Alan Paterson
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey guy's, thanks for the comments. Yip, Cape Town is a beautiful City, and I can relate to the views after some wine with the ladies...

The hobby, or sport here, is pretty ok really, but because of our Kak exchange rate, products are so damn expensive, so it's not really as strong as it could be. Member numbers in the two clubs here in Cape Town are pretty low, and could be higher, but, there's always the dedicated few who are always there to race and play.
The Website I run will give you a good idea of the Clubs under our "official" national Organization, with a few wooden tracks all over the Country.

Clubs also race different classes from each other, but when we all get together for a Nats event, we race using the standard rules as per the association.

At club level, we mostly race a stock 1/24 scale class, with either Nascar, or Sportscars, and some clubs run F1 bodies too. It's a low cost setup using stamped chassis, champion etc, and Parma 16 D or Super 16 D motors. (Nats require the label to still be intact on the motor. Plastic classes are Plastic Touring cars, and Sportscars.

Pretty much that covers the scene here. I update the slotcars.co.za website almost weekly qwith info or news, reports etc, so you'll be able to catch up there as well.

Now, let me try and find my way into the appropriate groups on this forum guy's.

Thanks for the welcome.

Ciao for now

Big Al

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Howzit Al,

Hoe gaan dit?

That's all the Afrikaans we speak so don't reply!
There are already a few other South Africans here...

Welcome to the forum and please invite some of your buddies along too.

·
Alan Paterson
835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Hoezit Nero, ek hoop alles gaan goet met julle slotties....

Nice to see other fellow Rainbow Ppl out here... kief...

Ciao

Big Al

·
Registered
3 Posts
hello
to all the slotheads in cyberspace and to my fellow phoenix pals past and present.

just got back from another enjoyable nights racing at phoenix club or to put it another way

enjoyable racing = lots of offs and a couple of 6th places, which on a six lane circuit must be last place

promise to do better and concentrate more in the future

this could be a big thing, but remember we all race / collect for fun so keep it light hearted

if we are all friends then there are no enemies

skippy

1 - 7 of 7 Posts