SlotForum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I've been slotracing on a competition level for a long time many years ago till priorities changed. Never did let go of all the boxes with tracks and cars ofcourse.
Two years ago my company moved to a larger building with more office space as needed, so the first thought that came to mind was to start building a large offroad and rallye slotrace track again.

I'm oldschool, so analogue track for me and I prefer cars without magnets. Love building my own cars and vehicles and consider the SCX TT series to be the most entertaining cars for me. (hence the offroad course I'm building)
The track I'm building is going to be a Czech winter landscape, complete with a 'bohemian paradise' style rock crawling offroad track, only accessible with drop-arm equipped cars.

I've been reading along on this forum for quite some time now and found some very helpful answers and tips already and thought it was about time to make an account and in time start to share some of my own findings and experiences.
Oh, since I'm Dutch and English isn't my native language, it may very well be possible that from time to time I'm not making any sense at all. Indeed, I prefer to blame it on the language... :)

Best regards,

Martin
Dordrecht,
The Netherlands.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum Martin

You've probably read most of the Slotrally and Raid section on here. Have a look on the Spanish Rallye slot sites for more info and youtube for some of the most amazing rally/raid tracks around

Keep us posted when you start the build. Plenty of support and advise when you need it. Just ask and someone will be able to help out

Got a few Raid slots myself but unfortunately rarely use them

Best of luck with the build

John

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
Welcome on board Martin.

Your English is actually very, very good.

I'll look forward to seeing what you do.

·
re member
4,097 Posts
Hi Martin, good to read your introduction.

Old school is always enjoyable to see so please add pictures when you can.

Regards

John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the welcome!
I've gotten quite some inspiration from the Spanish indeed, remarkable how large and active the slotrace community overthere is compared to my own country, especially when it comes to rally and offroad tracks.

From day one I've been taking pictures of the build which is about halfway I think. No rush at all in completing it, just enjoying adding every little detail.

I'll start posting some pics soon..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts