SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

after a long period of thinking my newest lay-out is ready. Would be great if you would give some feedback.

Rectangle Slope Font Violet Parallel

Track is Scalextric Sport. Max. space for the table is 4,4 x 1,4 meter.
There could be more track in this space but I like it to build scenery.
Now there is a cross-pver at the highest point. That should be removed ofcourse.

Let me know youre thoughts please.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Good flow in it. No intention to go digital? 2xXLC and a pitlane would fit nicely. Still a great track, short but challenging.

·
ParrotGod
8,543 Posts
I agree with Marcel, nice track with a nice flow. Given the space I think you cannot go any better especially if you care about flow.
And you have also plenty of room for borders.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments.
Yeah, I think the flow will be good. I already made some laps in my head on this track. In both directions.

Digital? Still struggling with that. The additional investment in track and cars is holding me back in this. If going digital it would be without a pitlane. I'm not interested in this kind of tactics and adds in racing. Just take 2 equal cars and race. In this thinking having XLC's can have an advantage indeed Minardi.
Think I will start analog. When the friends start complaining I can always add it afterwards.

·
Registered
3,731 Posts
Super! Well if you need help on the digital part, let me know. Look forward to the progress of the building of your track and the scenery.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Don’t see the value of digital on it..it’s a design I’ve enjoyed so maybe am biased..but I like the layout a lot

·
Registered
58 Posts
Experiment with where the elevations come into things..and possible scenery ideas..maybe to take slope out of the actual overpass area..and imagine the design in mirror image..to see if there is an alignment more suited to scenery…it’s a layout championed by Greg Daub and others ages ago so stands the test of time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi John, it is a variant on the Bertrand (?) eight indeed.
I mirrored it, flipped it, tilted and shifted it and I like this the most But you're right: always try to see your lay-out in another view.

At the moment I'm gathering the track pieces on Ebay and other second hand sources. As soon as I have completed the list I will be a rug racer for several months to see if there are any imperfections in the lay-out.
In the meanwhile, I'm building a 120 x 60 cm XPS foam plate with a part of the scenery. Just to enjoy myself and to get a chance to glue my fingers to the track pieces.

·
Greg Gaub
15,134 Posts
Very nice! I like this evolution of the Bertrand-8 design. :)
No need to go digital if you're not interested in the strategy of it.
When I saw the crossover, I initially thought that was intentional, for a single lane track, if you tend to drive cars on your own.
I look forward to seeing it come to life. :)

·
Registered
58 Posts
Try turning down the voltage and will be load of pleasure for some time…from my experience with it, the layout is ideal for single racer fun..good flow, nice diversion..easy to drive, hard to drive fast..

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi John, it is a variant on the Bertrand (?) eight indeed.
I mirrored it, flipped it, tilted and shifted it and I like this the most But you're right: always try to see your lay-out in another view.

At the moment I'm gathering the track pieces on Ebay and other second hand sources. As soon as I have completed the list I will be a rug racer for several months to see if there are any imperfections in the lay-out.
In the meanwhile, I'm building a 120 x 60 cm XPS foam plate with a part of the scenery. Just to enjoy myself and to get a chance to glue my fingers to the track pieces.
Where in The Netherlands did you get the XPS foam from and how thick is it. I’m investigating my options for my own track, but for me it’s not clear where to get the XPS foam from.
Regards,

Michael

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Greg, thanks for the comment. I too like to see it coming to life;-) Funny, I forgot to remove 1 of the 2 cross overs and you come up with intentional use as a single driver using the whole track. I love the idea! Since I will drive the track mostly on my own its an idea to give it a good thought how I can fit a cross over in and simply replace it for a standard double R2! Thanks for the idea.

John, driving fast is not the biggest part of the fun. For me is drifting the ultimate experience on a track. That's how I got my nick name.

Michael, made you a PM. But for all other Dutch readers: I got the XPS foam of www.jandeisolatieman.nl They got it in 20 to 100 mm thickness. And they are very cheap. Important to us dutchies ;-) You can buy a single plate, no need to buy a pack of 20 ;-) Their shipping costs are rather high. Be aware of that.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Jack, I started rallying in 66 in Mini Cooper…been going sideways ever since! My comment was really just thinking to adjust voltage to where you get the best experience..often too much means cars are overpowering the track..vs something where you have controlled looseness

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Change of plans! I think....
Thinking about my newest lay-out, looking to the room available I came up with another lay-out:
(which is a copy from what I found on the WWW)

Rectangle Slope Font Line Parallel

Which also looks very nice to me.
Only minor is that there is less free space left in the room due to the L-shape of this lay-out.

Give me your comments please?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts