SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, anybody have a super secret agent magnet & or lead weight tweak for this car? It smokes but I'm getting a little bored with it since it sticks like glue even with the mag moved in the forward position. I pulled the mag & tried it that way for a little while but it obviously needs some weight assistance I'm thinking.
Thanks.

·
Dave Kennedy
541 Posts
I agree if you're bored with the magnetness of the car, then please get rid of it. Are you getting bored with all magnets or just on this car?

DK

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE (13davek @ 18 Jan 2005, 16:40)I agree if you're bored with the magnetness of the car, then please get rid of it. Are you getting bored with all magnets or just on this car?

DK
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well I've only got a few cars. I'm not anti magnet but I find that sliding in & out of curves is one of the things I'm enjoying the most so far in my short lived slot career. The Ford GT with the mag up front is pretty fun. I could see making that one work for me with no mags eventually. The GS Vette is a beast though.

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
If you're clever with a dremel and abrasive paper, You can lower the body on the chassis to get a lower CG. Then, some BWA wheels, Slotit gears, guide and getting rid of the magnet will make car that will be a blast to drive...

Or, not satisfied with half way measures you could like me, go over the top... take it off.

Greenman62

·
Nobby Berkshire
2,015 Posts
A Corvette Grand Sport that "sticks like glue"? Are we talking about the RevMono model?

Is it an already modified car as the three that I've used in the past are as tippy as a drunk on a weekend bender.

·
Gregory Petrolati
1,022 Posts
QUOTE (Screwneck @ 19 Jan 2005, 14:57)Is it an already modified car as the three that I've used in the past are as tippy as a drunk on a weekend bender.
<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You must be doing somthing wrong...

No, w/o magnets they don't stick like glue... you get drift in turns and have to worry bout overpowering your tires' grip. Kind of like the real thing. More challenge... more fun, even solo. You're trying to better your last lap.

Greenman62

1 - 8 of 8 Posts