Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. Yes the Scalextric Gt40 set has finally made it down under.
Do you think its possible the dude who brings them here might be given bigger oars by Hornby.
Apologies if anyone thought it was the Fly Gt's. I dont know when they are coming, but for a set everyone is tired of waiting for, I think they'll move quickly.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Well, I thought Australia was closer to Hong Kong than the UK or even the USA for that matter.

Its down to filling containers squeezy. Once the local distributer can fill a container then the order starts making its merry way to Oz.

I wonder if any Oz specials are also in that container?

Moped

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The Brits, the French, etc all talk different to the Yanks. I will not have the same sensitivities on this board that I have at SCI. I will be more upfront and no doubt so will many others.

If something doesn't work right then I will call a spade a spade. I saw a BUMSLOT car for the first time the other day and I am totally amazed that these cars have a following. They are **** but I may end up buying one because they are ****!

Could you imagine an American getting involved as an intermediary in negotiations between the French and the Brits?

Wouldn't that be fun.

You have to remember that at Alleydude's and Harry's site they focus on the USA and this is potentially a massive market so it is important that we Europeans play the ambasadorial role as we represent Europe and the manufacturers and hobbyists of Europe. We can't really go flying off on one. Remember that we are all ambasadors when we visit Alleydude and Harry and you will be alright!

The market in Europe is relatively more mature and so we Europeans know what we are talking about!!!!

Moped

·
Registered
899 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes, its just that most times no one else can understand what they are saying. You know, bloody foreigners. But we must remember, the world cup is on here and we've some rather large English gentlemen to steer clear of on the field and in our pubs..and they cost us a fortune when they come here, they wont go home at night and do you think you can get out of a shout with an Englishman once they discover cold beer..and lets not get started on how many will end up here because of my Scalextric track !!! oh that reminds me, I'd better start stockpiling Guiness!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts