SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 122 Posts

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now don't get me wrong not against GT cars but i,m really getting bored with the constant release of them,ok there is not a lot going on , but you can count of at least a GT3 or a GT 4 being released on a regular basis , and yep i,m fed up with them.
Saved a few pennies and wanted to treat myself to a couple of classics and found there ain't any , ok the odd Fly but i want something a bit better, say a couple of Aston Martins from the early 60,s, or a couple of Ferraris was looking forward last year to Policar releasiong the P4 in Maranello Concessionairs colours but nothing happerned.
Is it me or am i wanting to much to ask say one or two of the major suppliers like slot it or NSR making some of those sports cars a nice testa Ferrari or a good E type, even a couple of differant GT 40,s like the open one just imagin what sort of model they could produce.
Ok there are resin kits you can buy , but with my arthritis it,s got hard doing them and it would be nice to just buy a good one of the shelf, but they ain't gonna listen to me so once again this xmas there is nothing for me to buy to run with with my classics.
So will take my ill gotten gains and spend it on Wine, Song, Whisky, Sausage rolls , forget about Women can't afford one anyway

·
Registered
945 Posts
I'm sure policar/slot it will gradually work through to more classics. The 512 m and chap 2F are coming soon, I expect they may move onto the 250/275 and the gto.
Wonder if anyone will look at Chevron B8 and B16.
The harsh realities of commerce are that to maximise the return on an expensive mould many liveries will need to be produced.

·
David H
3,900 Posts
GT3s don't do much for me either. Too many bits to fall off, overly fussy liveries and the cars haven't been around long enough to have become iconic.

1960s GTs, though, would be great if produced by NSR or Thunderslot. Maybe even go back to the late 50s. No doubt they'd be wider and lower than scale, but I could live with that. A nice Aston DB5, Jaguar E-type, Ferrari 250 GTO, Corvette Grand Sport, even a Bill Thomas Cheetah. That lot would provide enough new models to satisfy several years' worth of production and new releases. All of them have been made by other manufacturers, but none by a modern brand that would build them as proper racing slot cars.

And what about the biggest mystery of all? Why has nobody done a decent AC Cobra (call it Shelby, if you must). Yes, we've had them by Ninco, Carrera, MRRC and even Scalextric years ago, but I'd love a proper racing slot car version.

Please someone,* can we have a Cobra that's good to race?

*Sorry Scalextric, but not you.

Vehicle Car Tire Wheel Motor vehicle

And I'll admit to being a little biased. My dad raced GPG 4C in the days before it became the valuable hot-rod that it is now (front row above, red & gold) and I'd love to be able to race an NSR version.

Pictured below at Brands in, I believe, 1967. The car was owned at the time by Keith and Wendy Hamblin, and my dad raced it with them too. I only became aware of these photos after my dad died, so don't know whether he or Keith is driving. No halos and HANS devices in those days...

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

·
ParrotGod
9,292 Posts
Are you sure that you would like to see a Shelby Cobra done by NSR???? Man, you will be complaining about wheels, gaps, inserts, dimension...I do not think that NSR wants to hear all that! ;-)
But I would not mind one "professionally" grade Cobra either. It is one of my fav slot car as well.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I guess there are all kinds of cars we'd like to see as slots, but I have to agree with the original post! Thing is, it's what sells (or is likely to sell) meaning a lot of models of yesteryear are unlikely to be manufactured as ready-to-run. There are some fantastic classics I think would sell hugely...but I'm not putting up the finance so they ain't taking any notice of me!

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Now don't get me wrong not against GT cars but i,m really getting bored with the constant release of them,ok there is not a lot going on , but you can count of at least a GT3 or a GT 4 being released on a regular basis , and yep i,m fed up with them.
Saved a few pennies and wanted to treat myself to a couple of classics and found there ain't any , ok the odd Fly but i want something a bit better, say a couple of Aston Martins from the early 60,s, or a couple of Ferraris was looking forward last year to Policar releasiong the P4 in Maranello Concessionairs colours but nothing happerned.
Is it me or am i wanting to much to ask say one or two of the major suppliers like slot it or NSR making some of those sports cars a nice testa Ferrari or a good E type, even a couple of differant GT 40,s like the open one just imagin what sort of model they could produce.
Ok there are resin kits you can buy , but with my arthritis it,s got hard doing them and it would be nice to just buy a good one of the shelf, but they ain't gonna listen to me so once again this xmas there is nothing for me to buy to run with with my classics.
So will take my ill gotten gains and spend it on Wine, Song, Whisky, Sausage rolls , forget about Women can't afford one anyway
Mate, I know you like club racing so fast cars is a priority, why don’t you buy some 3dp (not old resin castings as they are heavier) bodies from the A71(they have a nice pack of Ferraris 250s and the Miura and some other delicatessen stuff) and comission their paint jobs to one skilled fellow and then you just take care of the chasis and fine tuning?
Another option, check the files on Cults and thingiverse and see if someone else could print some of them for you and again comission the paintjob, I’d go inmediatly for the 356 and some other around there.

Hope you find useful the suggestions…🙂

·
Premium Member
5,678 Posts
Geez, no. No! A 60s Aston? Dear god (Woden), no!

But the cars Peter goes misty-eyed for have been done: Aston DB5, Jaguar E-type, Ferrari 250 GTO, Corvette Grand Sport, even the Cheetah. Granted, by the mugnut-loving toy end of the market but... them's the breaks.😁

Harsh, but fair.😇

And the Cobra? Yeah. Nah. I don't get the adoration. It's brutal, sure. Looks very much of its era but that vintage doesn't flood my carb's, if you catch my drift. Guess it's an age thing.

No, let's keep with electronic ignition, keep those modern GT3s coming and not get diverted, eh? Maybe have a Werther's with your whisky to console yourself?🙄

·
ParrotGod
9,292 Posts
Being Harsh Pedro...for most of the people in the hobby right now those pre electronic ignition days must be their prime.

·
David H
3,900 Posts
Guess it's an age thing.
Age? Nah. It's visual. Life is art. Art is ageless. Pretty things are curvy and curvy things can hide a multitude of modern sins under the surface, including electronic ignition.

Much rather this than a be-winged-and-finned GT3 Lamborghini with a bunch of socially awkward young men drooling over it with their cameras.

Fast cars, fast women. It is and will always be a winning combination. Just needs NSR to make the hardware.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Age? Nah. It's visual. Life is art. Art is ageless. Pretty things are curvy and curvy things can hide a multitude of modern sins under the surface, including electronic ignition.

Much rather this than a be-winged-and-finned GT3 Lamborghini with a bunch of socially awkward young men drooling over it with their cameras.

Fast cars, fast women. It is and will always be a winning combination. Just needs NSR to make the hardware.

View attachment 287381
Agreed art is imperishable, that’s why 930 was chosen as “The Car” for the 2077 Cyberpunk game, which in contrast was a total failure(but not because of the Porsche). Cars and women? Bet everyone has an anecdote or two hehehe…

The affordable, racing specs of nowdays for all those old car lovers is the 3dp, just have to ask the right person, too bad we are far away btw Petergun, cause I would gladly paint your cars for free mate, but I’m sure someone near your area could do that for you😉.

Cheers

·
Registered
676 Posts
The classics are sleek and sexy, the modern GT’s edgy and aggressive. I, too, love the classics and have the slot.it Chaparral on pre-order. Thunderslot recently released a special edition Lola T70 GT. Bought the new limited edition Fly Ferrari 250 just for the body and fitted it with slot.it SW pod/ brass scratchbuilt hybrid chassis. But I’m an old guy and no longer part of the main market.
But I have come to appreciate the modern GT cars and have purchased a dozen or so over the past few months. Liveries took a while to warm up to, though. At least they are based on identifiable production cars unlike the wind tunnel designed LMP’s.

·
Premium Member
354 Posts
For the hobby to survive we need new blood, young blood. And guess what, they have absolutely no association with Cobra‘s, 250 GTO‘s etc etc. so the „toy makers“ will concentrate on GT3‘s, not on memory flashbacks from some old git’s.

Preferably the sets come with a game as well. If „we“ don‘t attract younger people the hobby will stop to exists very soon and no car at all will be made.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
For the hobby to survive we need new blood, young blood. And guess what, they have absolutely no association with Cobra‘s, 250 GTO‘s etc etc. so the „toy makers“ will concentrate on GT3‘s, not on memory flashbacks from some old git’s.

Preferably the sets come with a game as well. If „we“ don‘t attract younger people the hobby will stop to exists very soon and no car at all will be made.
Agreed, and that’s probably why the Japanese Gt are being included in the plans for the future of slot car brands😉

·
ParrotGod
9,292 Posts

Amen to that brother!

1 - 20 of 122 Posts