Slot Cars Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I looking for the GT Masters (30152) set and I would like to know your opions / comments about this set. Is it a good choice ?

Also, I would like to know if the wireless technologie is good or not ?

I await your comments as soon as possible.

Regards,
Willow

·
Tore
1,692 Posts
yes, it's a very good set. Apart from the cars it's the same set as the PRO GT set that I got last week.

BTW: If the track looks a bit small compared to the the TV, it's because the TV is a 60"

The track is about 3.5 meters long when setup like this, but there is enough track in the set (12 straights + 10 curves) to make different layouts.

IMO the Carrera wireless controllers were much better than I expected. My controller "history" has been various analog set controllers like Scalextric Sport (rubbish), Parma Econo 45 (OK), Professor Motor diode controller (Good) and Slot.it SCP-1 (Love it). The trigger response is IMO somewhere between a Parma Econo and a Professor Motor diode controller, so the trigger response is good. As for the wireless operation you don't have to point them at the receiver tower, just keep them in the general direction of the track, and remember to not hold your other hand over the base of the controller, but you get used to that in an evening. The kids love the controllers and walk around the track while they race or just play with the cars.

I took down my old Scalextric Sport track this weekend, and have now moved the Carrera track temporarily onto the track table while I wait for some extra track pieces and accessories.

The track has been running for hours every day since we got it, and so far the Carrera Digital "adventure" have been very fun.

Tore

1 - 3 of 3 Posts