SlotForum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many thanks to Mike for last weeks report as I had no internet connection. it is now working after a visit from Open Reach.

I will start by wishing you all a belated happy new year and a great slot racing year with our new points system in place where we will now count the best 5 from 7 in each class to allow for a more competitive club championship.

So to our GT3 class.
We had 16 drivers attending this event we hoped and got some close racing during the evening.
After our Slot-it meeting last week most of the drivers had got used to the new smooth running circuit. Thanks Mike you did a great job improving an already great track.
The heats got underway with some very fast laps and some surprising results.
Congratulations to John M who took his first heat win with a very impressive race. Well done John and hope this continues for the rest of the year for you.
So to the finals.

Final E we see Richard and James E with Iain and Keith who had struggled with a gear problem that wouldn't go away. But due to young James we only had Keith and Iain and Keith on the grid and after the first ten laps Iain went away and took a convincing win.

Final D saw Iain take on Alf, Ray, and James H who just could not keep his car in the slot. The race was very close until Ray stopped at around quarter distance and the places swapped and after 25 laps Alf took the win followed by James H,Iain and Ray.

Final C we have Alf take on John M, Viv, and Lyle. this was a very fast final with everyone under 7 seconds. The laps passed very fast and places swapped and a very close finish between Viv and Lyle with Viv taking a well deserved win.

Final B Viv took his place a long side Alan H, Tone and Richard T. Again this was a fast and furious final with the places swapping between all the drivers until the dreaded de-slots came into play which after the twenty five laps it was Alan H taking the win with Viv close behind, Richard T taking third and Tone brining up the rear.

Now its time for the final of the night.

Final A the line up was Alan H, Skippy, Mike, and Steve.
Mike seems to have found his form tonight with his car running perfectly and very quickly, Steve also on form with Skippy and Alan H, maintaining their form for this final.
The lights went out and with a clean start the cars where very close for the first few laps, but it was mike who took a clear lead with Steve clear in second and Skippy and Alan H chasing but not making any in roads to the gaps that were appearing.
After 25 very fast laps it was Mike who took the spoils with Steve in Second, Skippy took third and Alan H bringing up the rear.

After a great nights racing here at Presto on our smooth track the nights results are as follows.

Mike 25 + 1pt for fastest lap 5.992 seconds
Steve 23
Skippy 21
Alan H 20
Viv 19
Richard T 18
Tone 17
Lyle 16
Alf 15
John M 14 (Well done for your 1st heat win)
James H 13
Iain 12
Ray 11
Keith 10
Richard E 9
James E 8

Next week we are back to our Goodwood Class

See you all there for another evenings racing at Presto Park.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Really good to see John M take his first heat win.
banana.gif
banana.gif
He also managed two sub' 7 second laps so well done to him.
thumbsup.gif
It wasn't that long ago John was in the high 8 second laps.

Thanks to all for a great nights racing.

See you next week for Goodwood.

·
Lil' Fella
147 Posts
Good Racing everybody!!!, This is one of my favourite classes. I saw 3 lambos racing with 2 at any one time, that's good.

Now to prepare the Goodwood class cars of Lola T70 mk 3, etc

See you on the grid and rearing to go!!

Tone

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
Hi Brumos. I won the A final using a Scaleauto Corvette ( latest livery) with a green can Scale auto green can motor & guide. Slot it F15 rear tyres & air wheels. A little weight added helps the car a lot. I also have the NSR Corvette but it is difficult to set up for our track and is very tail happy. The Corvette is absolutely planted all the way around our track. There were a couple of other guys using the NSR Chevy but they didn't figure in the top results. The NSR Astons and Black Arrow cars work well on our track.Hope this helps. Mike

·
Registered
365 Posts
Hi guys
Well a mixed evening if only I had used the McLaren with the BRM motor first, things could have been different, hindsight is wonderfull.
At least I have started to get the Scalextric maclaren working at last. Look out next GT3!!!!
Another great evening at Presto and hope you all enjoyed the birthday cake, 70 feels more like 170!!!
Alf

·
Lil' Fella
147 Posts
Would you mind sharing which cars (I.e.) Corvette GT3 NSR etc placed where
Hi Brumos,

Lil' Fella here, Lambo man!!!.

Racing a standard Lamborghini Mercialago from Black Arrow in white livery. Black arrow Sioux 22,000 motor, shod with NSR Extreme rear tyres. Some weight added to suite track.

High contender but I did not make the Finals, driver, not car problem.

Backup cars are all Black Arrows, Lambos and Ferraris, 458!!

hope this helps.

Tone

·
Registered
106 Posts
Hi Guys

Great nights racing with the Aston picking up a few battle scars and a detached rear spoiler! I had decided to reduce the lead content in this car which took quite a while to get used to so the rebuild now required will result in reinstating some of the weight and see if I get the balance right for the next round of GT3.
Brumos - I race the cars that I like or that mean something to me so car choice is personal. This means however that I may not have the most competitive car but I enjoy racing in none the less.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts