SlotForum banner

gt40 le mans videos online

2K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  BEEJAY7 
#1 ·
Having a peak at the official Ford GT website, and I found some great free downloadable videos of lemans 1966 and le mans 1967, as well as a history of the GT40 page, and some cool videos of the new Ford GT too:

Ford GT website & vids

If you haven't seen this before, have a look! Its quite a nice website too, so browse about too

cheers

Dave

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
I really like the new Ford GT

500bhp supercharged 5.4L - with rather prestigious heritage.

Compared to a C5 Corvette, it's 3 inches longer, 3 inches wider and 3 inches lower in height.

I thought that it would be great to get one so I put my name down, but as you can see: I'm not jumping up and down with the joy of being in line to drive off with the first to arrive in Euroland

#7 ·
QUOTE (a Bill @ 16 Jun 2004, 00:19)I got to see and hear a yellow one running last week. Very nice and quiet but you know there is something lurking under the bonnet
Seems like they got that one wrong then!
A GT40 should make a noise that raises the hackles on the back of your neck, and scares small children and animals as it assails the eardrums of the unworthy with its V8 roar

Mark.

#11 · (Edited by Moderator)
A GT40 should make a noise that raises the hackles on the back of your neck, and scares small children and animals as it assails the eardrums of the unworthy with its V8 roar

Perhaps I should mention that I am used to being around performance oriented vehicles. The last car that did what you mentioned to me was a top fuel dragster
So I would use your description for one of them. I see high powered US iron every day so I'm used to it.

Like speed, it's all relative

I've always been partial to quiet high powered vehicles. Just because it's powerful doesn't mean it has to be noisy. Noise will tire you out. My other car had a bit of a rumble to it. Drive down the road setting off car alarms, windows rattling etc. That was with a full exhaust system and that gets old pretty fast.

The new GT has the right tone to it, you just need to know what you're listening to. However, when it's winding up you know it isn't grannies car

#13 ·
Doug

Not sure they were the loudest it was a toss up between the Vettes and the Dome... Anyway the Vettes did a lot better this year!....

A couple of pictures for you from this years event..........

This was one I took at 5am during a routine pit stop.

Bits of spare Vette during the pre race building session.

The battle between the Corvettes and the Ferrari's was one of the highlights this year.

Some more pictures :-

The Panoz making it's farewell appearence after seven years.

The Morgan Aero 8 great little car and wonderful pit crew who came off the production line to work with the Team.

More photos to follow.

Regards

Alan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.