SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
slotfreak
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive posted this under pit lane scratchbuild but as the le mans type pits wont be included in this layout I thought to give it a tread of its own ,OK its a shameless bump really

Its a 1:32 scale AC2car routed track with a model railroad running thru it. A strong emphasis on scenery in a 11.5 x 3.5 meter space depicting a mountain pass thru a giant redwood forrest with some logging narrow guage railroad thrown in.

Heres outdoor pictures showing the trees and ground texture on a small diorama to be included in the layout.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

·
slotfreak
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your comments.

Fred I can do the how 2 ,for now ill just say its aluminium sheet i bent to shape with thin wood strips. Im still experimenting with the barriers

·
Registered
600 Posts
Is that Alfa 8C the Burago one ? and is is converted to a slot car or just a static one ? I recently acquired one in kit form, but, trying to decide whether to convert the kit, of have a resin casting done from it !

Track looks superb ! great work !

·
Premium Member
5,717 Posts
Amazing, one of the best I've seen on here.

Can you tell me what the red Alfa is?

Thanks

·
slotfreak
320 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi all ,the alfa is a burogo die cast .I havnt made a slotcar of it yet but I intend to. more on that later.

About the rock and trees I use foam on both ,paint them acrylic and then sprinkel ground ,cement -dry plaster mixed with pigment powders in any combination to get the colour I want. Ive been using foam and polistyrene alot , ive got lots of it and it doesnt cost me anything. Yesterday I used a dremel on polistyrene to create stone walls and the result looks as good as my castings in plaster, so ill be doing all stonework in polistyrene .

Today I instaled and painted the midlle track part ,it combines the two parts Ive already shown pictures of so a picture update in the next two days coming.

Detailing and figures,wildlife will come later, Ive had good results with DAS so most of the figures will be out of DAS modeling clay. but for now I just want to get the track up.

O and about the trackplan ,Ive changed the track so often I dont have acurate plans of it .... um on the to do list then.

·
Lars Ole
1,640 Posts
If you don't mind I would like a picture intensive tutorial on how you make your trees, as they are simply the best I've seen.
I love the fact that the cars look so small. :)

cheers.

·
Lars Ole
1,640 Posts
could you please repost link as, part of the URL got truncated so the link not work.

thanks.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.