SlotForum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I finally received that package coming from Australia, full of Pattos decals.

One of the decal sheet is dedicated to Ferrari GTOs, and fact is some of my almost finished projects are 3 GTOs: 2 1962(?) version, by Revell and Pink Car, plus a MRRC GTO/64 without decals.

Now, this is the Pattos sheet for GTOs:
(by the way, it is a good value for money: you may decorate many cars with this single sheet.)

I'd like some suggestions for the racing numbers of my 3 GTOs, (considering I made yet the 2 Monogram/MRRC GTO/64 #26 and #30), of course numbers related to a famous race; I prefere plain red Ferraris like official entries; I like too NART and Filipinetti liveries, but they are second choices unless they won an important race...
I'm sure Russell has the complete list of racing numbers for every GTOs on the planet!

Ciao
Otello

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Woh! Too much!
Thank a lot to Russell for the infos... and thanks to Peter for asking the "stupid question" in my place!

by the way, I remember the old thread about Revel and Pink Car, I have to say that thanks to that thread I realized my Pink Car was not so ugly, it just needed new decals!

Back to my choice, I'm in trouble: too many options...

The #7 could be a good one, but Russel is right: car #7 was not a 250 GTO but a 330 GT entered at Le Mans 1962

(The body looks just the same, anyway.)

Another good one could be #22, again at Le Mans 1962

For the GTO/64 I could choose #24 or #27, Le Mans 1964...

More suggestions?

Well, while I'm here, I'm wondering if the original livery of my Pink Car, #106 team Waltham, is a fantasy one or it was used in some race; maybe Targa Florio?

Thanks again and

Ciao
Otello

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE (Russell Sheldon @ 12 May 2004, 03:28)Otello, that's a great website! The list I gave is by no means exhaustive; I just listed those races in which GTOs did particularly well.
Russell, you've been more than helpful, as usual.

The problem now is I have too many options; maybe I have to get 10 or 20 more GTOs?
Well, why not?

Ciao
Otello

P.S. Glad you like the Ferrari model club site.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts