SlotForum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Who has heard of GTR, the forthcoming game from SIMBIN?

It will soon be released, but to whet your appetite, there is a fully working Press Demo (about 150 MB download) - that has a Lister Storm GT car and a Morgan racing by themselves on the Spa circuit.

The graphics are as good as it gets and better than most, and the driveability is almost perfect. SIMBIN's directors race Vipers in the FIA GT series.

The gave is officially sanctioned by the FIA so they get all the cars, teams, car sounds and race venues. The whole works.

I've driven a few race tracks in the last few years and this game, coupled with a decent wheel (I have a Saitek R440 Force) is phenomenal.

Info on SIMBIN here.

If you join their fanlist you get the demo and cool screenshots or if you don't feel like that you can also get the demo from here.

I can't wait for this - it's going to be fantastic!

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
I downloaded the demo last night (what a coincedence...).

But as my computer sucks like a vacuum (same processing power) I couldn't play it
. Very pissed off, but only consoled by the fact that it will work on the laptop that I am getting for Uni

Worth mentioning incase you didn't notice, the password for the demo is GTR_Press_Demo (case sensitive). But the game looks awesome...

Lotus

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It says it needs a 1.2 Ghz proc, but I'm running a 1 Ghz machine with a Nvidia GeForce4 Ti 4400 video card and lots of memory. Works fine.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
Simbin used to make unofficial (= free) PC games based on prototypes and GT's. Those games were in fact mods of official F1 games.

Their forthcoming game will be official and will cover the FIA GT championship including all the cars that raced at the 24H of Spa. Woaw ! I like that !

·
Registered
166 Posts
Mods available for EA Sports F1 Challenge include Prototype Group C, ETCC, BTCC, DTM, Mini Cooper challenge.

The ETCC in particular is a great mod and the makers will shortly be releasing WGTS mod.

Here is their website

http://www.rsr-forum.net/

The Prototype Group C mod is also worth a look.

Here is the link to the makers site

http://www.virtua-lm.com/

The new GTR sim from SimBin is based on the same game engine as F1C so will appear very similar but they claim to have enhanced just about every aspect of it. I have played the demo and dont see too much difference to be honest.

Only problem is finding the time to play all of these mods, they take a considerable amount of practice in order to get the most out of them and I almost always end up installing them, running a few laps, get frustrated, end up in the tire wall, exit the game and wait for the next release !!

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Supberb game...

Can't wait for the full version!

And what a track in that demo!

Spa Francorchamps is beautifully done! Very realistic!

My time with the Lister Storm (for now): 2.19.5

Nuro, you see us driving a on-line race in a few months?
You with a Vette, me in a 996 GT3 RS, or a 575?
Pushing to the limit? Chasing down eachother down the straights? Outbreaking each-ohter?

If there are others who like this game, maybe we can make a Slot-Forum GTR Championship? A race every two weeks or so?

(Sorry for the size of the pictures!)

Greetz

Gunther

·
Registered
198 Posts
I downloaded the demo around 2 months ago, and played it heavily for a few days. The physics, graphics, and replay factor are great. Highly looking forward to the full thing. After a week or so I was regularly lapping around 2:10-2:15 range, but that was after I bought a force feedback wheel. With a gamepad I was lucky to break 2:50. heh.

·
Vendor
2,940 Posts
I did not know about the Mods for EA Sports F1. I went to the http://www.virtua-lm.com/ site and I want it! Well, first, they have an Audi R8C as the main picture on the home page... and that's a compelling enough reason. Second, for obvious reasons, Group C mods is a 'must have' for me...

I need a bit of advice though:
What F1 game should I buy in order to upgrade it (yes, I consider ditching modern F1s for group C an upgrade :) ) to Group C and le Mans racing? I mean, it seems to me there are different releases of EA F1 game, up to 2002 and it is hard to find...

thanks

Maurizio

QUOTE Mods available for EA Sports F1 Challenge include Prototype Group C, ETCC, BTCC, DTM, Mini Cooper challenge.

The ETCC in particular is a great mod and the makers will shortly be releasing WGTS mod.

Here is their website

http://www.rsr-forum.net/

The Prototype Group C mod is also worth a look.

Here is the link to the makers site

http://www.virtua-lm.com/

The new GTR sim from SimBin is based on the same game engine as F1C so will appear very similar but they claim to have enhanced just about every aspect of it. I have played the demo and dont see too much difference to be honest.

Only problem is finding the time to play all of these mods, they take a considerable amount of practice in order to get the most out of them and I almost always end up installing them, running a few laps, get frustrated, end up in the tire wall, exit the game and wait for the next release !!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hi Maurizio,

You will need EA Sports F1 Challenge.

This is the latest version of EA Sports F1 series of games.

It is a very good game in itself and is well supported by the modding community including fabulous hi-res carsets, track updates, cockpits, steering wheels, sounds....just about everything really !!!

I am sure you will be able to pick the game up quite easily from Ebay. Here is a link to an Ebay item so that you can see the cover of the cd case

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...8120366977&rd=1

Hope this helps and if you need any more links I will be glad to help.

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

There is a new public Demo of the soon-to-be-released GTR game. Race against opponents. Quite tricky. And different from the original Press demo - they've changed the whole feel of the driving experience.

Check it out here

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Nuro, I have the full game at home...
It was relreased begin november in Germany, and I drove to Aachen to buy it...
After a 4 hour search in lots and lots of shops, we found the two last GTR games in a supermarket!

It's superb! And I bought a logitec wheel for it! It's the best "game" I ever played! Seriously! All those cars... the sound of the cars passing by... those tracks... those downloadable tracks like the full Nurnburgring... the online racing that works perfect!

The only thing I don't understand is that the BMW M3GTR is not in it!

If you like cars... if you like simulators... just go out and buy GTR! It's sublime!

Greetz from Belgium

gunther

·
DT
5,195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
That's wierd, no mention of the release on their site or via email. Not on Amazon UK either. You'd think they're trying to keep it low-key.

I see it's available on Amazon DE:

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
No the only country they released it in for now is Germany.
Due to all kinds of rules of sponsership they can't bring the game out in the rest of Europe... you'll have to wait untill the first quarter of 2005.
In Germany there is lot of advertising from GTR.

The only in-game language is German in my version.

Nuro... if you order it in Germany, and u have it... let me know... we can race online then!

Greeeeeeeeetzzzzzooooooof

Gunther

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
Well... *shame on me* I don't think so... It's not an official FIA GT track... what I do know is that I haven't driven it untill now.

I have to divide my time in... my pregnant wife, my job, my Petit Spa and this incredible game... it's not easy... I can say that...

But if it is'nt... Simbin is developping very very much for this game...
So I think that they'll make Le Mans too...
If you search there forums, the bring out a lot in a short period of time...
There are allready several add-ons available for free...
For example, there will be a 24 hour package available soon for Spa...
In the game the max time you can race is 3 hours... without darkness...

Greetz

Gunther

1 - 20 of 22 Posts