SlotForum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have driven some races of 3 to 6 car on the Hoejbo Raceway (Højbo Ringen in danish). The track is "homemade" with Scalextric Digital Sport track, APB, Pitlane Pro, SSDC and the 6 driver stations are at the bottom of the long straight.

The tables are about 6,5 meters long and 1,0 - 2,5 meters wide.

The track is absolutely fantastic and has given us a lot of fun!
A short description of "how to drive": Full throttle down the long straight. Pass the start/finish line just before the straight lane change. Change lane to outer-lane. Then "gear down" and full gas after the first right turn (R4, R4, R3, R2), lower the gas at the top left entry curve (R4, R3, R2) and give more throttle out of that curve, but not too much or you will drift off the track. Then followed by a quick break when entering the left R2 turn. Then full gas from left to right until you reach the straight lane changer. Change lane from green to red (to inside lane) - and go under the bridge, but beware, there are a difficult R1 turn just before it gets "dark" under the bridge. Afterwards a mix of R2's and straights round in a circle. How fast can you drive your car here? Get over the bridge with full "pedal" again, and brake down before entering the next R1 right curve. Give max throttle out of the R1 turn = use the R4's and make a nice drift out of the R4 curves and down the long straight.... complete a lap under 9.00 sec with one of the Porsche 997 and you are pretty good. Then do it again and again or drive more slowly with while you watch your fuel level closely. What a thrill!!

Can be done with one marshall, but two is recommended. One placed in the up/middle left and one in the upper right corner/area.

Any feedback or comments for improvements are appreciated.

·
Circuit Owner
5,925 Posts
I like it - and I like the drive round description.

Compound curves are great fun. I also like the odd R1 turn to keep you concentrating between the long, fast straights.

The only things I would change would be to make the 2 lane section of the pit lane longer and maybe consider a few more technical turns (but that's because I like the tricky stuff AND a good fast straight).

The spacing of the lane changers is good - I try to make my lane changers evenly spaced around the track. You could consider adding another straight lane changer just before the second corner - it could offer another overtaking opportunity.

I am making very minor criticisms here - it looks like a fun track and I would be happy to spend a few hours blasting round it with 5 other people

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Pit-Pro cable length between the pit-Start sensor and the Pit-exit sensor is only 2 meters, so I can't make the total pitlane any longer. Maybe I can make the second pit-lane a halft straight longer. Due to sensor problems, (cars drifting when entering the pit), we have had best results when putting the three single straights between the first Left lance change and the second left lane change and then the sensor in the middle of the three. I also gives people a little longer time to change lane in the pit.

Can't really see where I should put more technical turns, because there are not room for more tables than viewed. Any suggestions?

You are right, there could very well be a straight lane changer just before the second corner. I simply only have three straight lance changers, that's why I had to prioritise
By the way, when we are racing and the adrenaline is high, the circle/loop actual makes it a bit more difficult to remember which lane you should be in to enter the pit-lane. Especially if you have taken over a slower driver. It is not that logic when you are in a battle. But so fun to see people running out of fuel and drive very slowly

thank you for inputs and comments, it is great fun and the first track I have ever made beside the one when i got the Triple Cup starter set

·
Greg Gaub
15,416 Posts
I like it.

I might be inclined to break up the second long straight with some more wiggly bits.
Also, you might consider swapping the bridge so that it's the straight that goes under. that way, not only do you not lose sight of your car during critical throttle control, but also if a car comes off, it won't get stuck under a bridge and end up being hard to get to.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The track length is 21,74 cm. I think my lap record is about 8.7 seconds with a Porsche 997. Usual when 6 cars are on the track, you will drive a bit more conservative so your fuel burn rate will be better and you won't need that many pit stops as if you drive very agressive.

The idea with swapping the bridge is good. Some times cars are getting stuck under the bridge because of the tricky R1. Love that turn and the overtake (lane change) just befor it. A little concern could be damage to cars if they deslot on a bridge and fall down on the ground... but then again, people have driven so fast on the long straight and forget to brake so they have been flying out over the table to the floor

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
That is a nice track indeed Olsen.

In addition to Mr Flippant's suggestion, you could consider raising the whole second straight, so that the elevation starts earlier, for instance in the second inward curve.
Then there's room to make the pit lane on the right, and pit boxes under the second straight, that will be like driving on the roof of the pit lane buildings.

Merc

·
Registered
458 Posts
Tank You Olsen for the metric information.
I also like your comment "when 6 cars are on the track, you will drive a bit more conservative so your fuel burn .." for the digital way of racing!
That wath we have discussed about more strategi and feeling and just float sloat racing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts